Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dwightschrute

VIP Member
Guys did you forget? Lily is basically the Jeff Bezos of marketing and advertising. She even went to Birmingham city university, it doesn’t get much better than that. She may as well have gone to Yale!

• Haha
Reactions: 39

dee_mc

VIP Member
Jesus she's obsessed with fucking gazpacho.
We get it Lily, you like artichokes and cold soup and that makes you better than everyone else - even people who also like those things.

Reactions: 38
Cannot believe Lick sent someone to paint the room for them... How lazy can you get?
She also cannot resist a dig at Rich obviously "we're rehanging this canopy because Rich did it wrong before" 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

dee_mc

VIP Member
Just a couple of days after she had her kitchen redone (only three years after it had been built) she’s off to find other things to complain about and be jealous of. I really don’t think she can ever find happiness in anything she has.

I also don’t know who she has as reference for these fabulous holidays abroad. I don’t know anyone going abroad this or last year, unless it’s for family reasons. I’m going home in August for the first time since Christmas 2019, only because my elderly parents need me. She really doesn’t have a realistic frame of reference how the world works beyond her own narrow circle.
I've heard of a few people holidaying abroad right now because they were just "dying to get out of the country", "it's been two years since I had a bit of sun" etc: anyway as it turns out they're annoyed at having to do antigen tests before going for a meal or drink etc, and the weather at home is currently just as good as where they are 😁
Petty of me but I have to admit, I think it serves them right!

• Haha

bantybrownley

15 mins in to the podcast and they're making excuses about why they never / would never move abroad.

Lily said Rich would move to another country in a heartbeat and it just made me feel sorry for him that much more. Those are the kinds of fundamental differences in life ambitions and values that cause resentment or breakdowns of relationships. You'll always regret the things you didn't do, and it just seems like he's really trapped now. His own fault I guess 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad

Whatnow21

I don't give a shit about many things, but it has really grated my cheese that she got that fridge freezer for free. The free luxuries don't bother me, but every family needs a fridge freezer and she's got one to gloat about for free. Wonder if the old one was passed on responsibly or binned. And needing a recipe for that pasta salad!!! She needs to be re-educated from Year 1 if that really required a recipe. Urgh.

• Heart

RG1986

The new video has me absolutely baffled 😂
So the HUGE NEW FRIDGE/FREEZER doesn't look much bigger at all. I have one of those fridge freezers that she was criticising (one side freezer, the other side fridge) and ours is so much bigger?! She just has a couple of drawers extra? Also she clearly can't open the bloody thing properly because of the wall?? Why didn't they put the FF away from a wall? So many questions....
Those handles are going to look dreadful within 6 months. They're the worst style for kitchens as stuff gets stuck in the grooves.
But the most laughable part was the paint colour. She starts off the video saying we want black as it's neutral. By the end of the video and hundred of pounds later she is trying to convince us (and herself?) that the navy colour is actually what they wanted.
Car crash watching..

• Haha

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Thanks to @MoniC for the thread title!

Recap:
-As we know Lily is pregnant with baby #2. She's made it pretty obvious that she wishes she was having another girl. She even went so far as to say that the last thing her family needs is another boy. Nice!
-Rich, who is still 'getting his head around' the fact that his wife is pregnant, pretty much guessed that another baby was on the way, as Lily hadn't moaned about her period in a while.
-On the podcast, Lily declared that in a few years we'll all look back on the pandemic and say, 'Lol, that was weird!'
- We have been guessing baby names. Leading contenders include: Artie, Eagle, Ari, Bjorn, Hague, Jude, Lennon, and a whole lot more I can't remember.
- They are wrapping up the podcast (for now) as they have finally tired about talking about their favourite sandwiches and uni 'shenanigans.'

Oh, and we were treated to this gem.

lp.png

Anything I missed from the recap? Add it in comments!

• Haha
  • Sick
She thinks she's being relatable with this grocery store trip but it's coming across, once again, as deeply privileged and out of touch. We all need to care for our mental health and pregnancy can be a difficult time, but the way she just loads her work days with all of the mundane stuff most people have to fit in on the weekends...
This x 1000.
I am pregnant and where was I at 7:40 the other morning? Tesco, running round to grab essentials after having dropped my child off and before starting a full day of work with the NHS.
And I have it easy compared to a lot of people as I have really good, flexible childcare and I work fairly standard hours, no shift work etc.

So it's so infuriating that her work days consist of nothing more than trying on free make up she gets sent and going to the supermarket.

• Heart

Rosie2019

Curious about what “middle class” refers to in the UK. In the US, middle class people don’t have as much money as Lily does; they are people who are just getting by, and maybe even struggling a bit. Lily’s income level would be more associated with the upper middle class, meaning people who are not ridiculously rich and not old money, but who are definitely comfortable (to clarify, money and class are perhaps a lot more intertwined in the US than in the UK). Sounds to me like maybe Anna grew up in a middle class household (I am basing this on the fact that she never went on family holidays outside of the UK) but maybe not Lily? Or is she considered “middle class” because of the way she behaves and being aspirational?
She is middle class in England. There are lots of various interpretations and understandings of class but essentially to be upper middle class in England you would need to extremely wealthy, educated and connected and you wouldn't live in a 3 bed house. Think of it this way, a receptionist would be working class, a lawyer would be middle class but maybe a judge would be upper middle and then a lord would be upper class. Obviously that's a huge generalization and not always true but the gist is right.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

LottieRouge12

Lily thinks b/c her dad works in the music industry that somehow that creativity passed through to her via osmosis but it didn't. What Lily's dad's profession gave her was a superiority complex since she was listening to "older music" (Beatles, the Eagles, etc) while her friends listened to contemporary music as her peers didn't have parents that worked in the music industry. Newsflash Lily, you don't need a parent in the music industry to be exposed to a wide range of music from different generations and countries. In fact, I'd argue most people's spotify/itunes would show that most people's music taste are eclectic and they didn't grow up with parents who worked in the music and/or a creative industry.

• Heart

rangelife

Oh she most definitely is annoyed by it and refuses to acknowledge the resemblance (even though Amy is a lot more charming, talented, sexy, witty, generous and genuine than Lily could ever dream to be). She once asked her followers which celebrities they think she looks like and then she claimed these were the most common responses. As though 99% of the replies didn't say Amy Winehouse 😂😂🤣 Yeah right Pebble, people said you look like Mila Kunis, Eva Mendes, Rachel Weisz, Dua Lipa and "young" Sandra Bullock...in your dreams maybe!!!!

View attachment 677297
Nope I am dead at this. The sheer confidence and delusion needed for her think she looks anything like Rachel Weisz of all people 😭

• Haha

eenyweeny

LOOOL! I was gonna say, if anyone needs a new avatar...
69AD4049-C5B2-4CE7-B463-3A26D297B395.jpeg
20BB500D-CC27-4236-B096-BC396B3EAD25.jpeg
D133A6CD-85C5-48FD-AA95-10879B7ED4DA.jpeg
85E87775-DC8E-494C-8A31-FAA07ED40653.jpeg

I know there’s such a thing as resting bitch face, like a lot of people, I certainly have one. But, how does someone who has EVERYTHING they could ever want/need (except healthy hair) look so unbelievably crap and miserable?!?! Why did she think this was good enough to upload as a “beauty” blogger? I would’ve scrapped it and tried to film it again the next time I did my hair...with the hope of looking a little bit less like a Tim Burton character!

Last edited:
  • Haha