Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
Just listening to the podcast now and the comments she relays from Keisha about living in Jamaica made me quite uncomfortable… talking about how it runs on ‘Island time’ and it’s a struggle to get things done, for me it plays into rhetoric about people of Caribbean heritage being lazy and I don’t think as outsiders it’s Lily or Keisha’s place to trot out those tropes.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 42

fidgetjo

VIP Member
I love her idea of female empowerment always stop at the stage of giving birth.

View attachment 685746

LMAO Lily, if you listen to everything you learnt in school, you wouldn’t go to BCU!
This really does scream that woman are only powerful or amazing if their bodies go through pregnancy and birth which is such a horrible way to phrase it when so many women can’t have kids (and so many who don’t want them).

but imagine reading it if you weren’t able to have babies and it would just read like you’re not as incredible if your body didn’t make a baby.

Yes it’s super cool that some women’s bodies can make babies. But the women who can’t are also amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Eileen_2019

VIP Member
So sick and tired of seeing her doing everyday things and calling them 'work'. Food shopping and folding laundry is something you do after/before work. Make some actual content, Lily!

Reactions: 41

Foxyrin

VIP Member
She hates her hoover (quite vociferously, which is weird) - accurately translated as 'someone please send me a lovely new one'

Beggy mare

Is that her sex face??
I've got the same one. I think it's great!

ETA: Just to be clear, I mean the same Dyson, not sex face!

• Haha

Bea27

When she talks more positively and gushingly over a fridge freezer than she has ever over her own child or husband… 😳

• Haha
  • Heart

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
Made me laugh that she is promoting ghd’s when her hair is fried and shouldn’t be going anywhere near hair straighteners 🤣🤣 great ambassador

• Haha
Reactions: 40

palmer

Chatty Member
I just watched the Amy Winehouse documentary on bbc and if the influencer gig ever dries up for Shilly, she could definitely get paid work as an Amy lookalike. I wonder if Lily is annoyed by the Amy Winehouse comparison as it seemed like Amy's family was very much a north London working class Jewish family and not as well off or 'well spoken' as Lily's.
Oh she most definitely is annoyed by it and refuses to acknowledge the resemblance (even though Amy is a lot more charming, talented, sexy, witty, generous and genuine than Lily could ever dream to be). She once asked her followers which celebrities they think she looks like and then she claimed these were the most common responses. As though 99% of the replies didn't say Amy Winehouse 😂😂🤣 Yeah right Pebble, people said you look like Mila Kunis, Eva Mendes, Rachel Weisz, Dua Lipa and "young" Sandra Bullock...in your dreams maybe!!!!

d5b105713913d56172497ad897f75a2c.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

LA2019

I'm not buying her no make up brands will sponsor me now. She gets sent a shit load of free makeup products and if brands were so concerned about how there products would look on her they wouldn't even bother sending her the free stuff. As someone who also suffers from eczema on my face I couldn't think of anything worse than having to film myself applying make up when I am having a flare up though. If anything I could see Gleam not putting her forward for those kind of brand collabs. I mean if a brand approaches Gleam and wants to do some paid content and you had to choose between Lily and Anna and at the time Lily is whining about her eczema who do you think they are going to put forward for the ad?? Not Lily!
I don't think it occurs to Lily that maybe brands just don't want to work with her because she's unprofessional, lazy and is pretty rubbish at creating content. Lily always has to present herself as the victim and, in this case, she feels she's been excluded because of a skin condition and not because she isn't keeping up with the game. She thinks being an OG is enough in itself for the brands to flock to her.

palmer

Chatty Member
Lol the woman is "jealous" of her own past self. Lily, it's your own goddamn fault that you neglected and abused your hair to the point it straight up SNAPPED in half and FELL OFF. After years of daily abuse, your hair finally decided to flip you off and leave you to fend for yourself, and rightfully so ✌✌ The jealousy is making you even uglier by the way.

• Heart
  • Haha

palmer

Chatty Member
Here's the thing. Lily used to get makeup sponsorships back when there were only about 10 influencers to choose from in the UK market (Whatihearttoday, Viviannadoesmakeup, Zoella, Pixi2woo, Fleurdeforce...that era). These girls could get away with doing a little bit of everything with no special skills or creativity (makeup, hair, clothes, etc.) and all types of brands would throw sponsorships at them, because there weren't any of these more professionalized, specialized influencers available yet that they could work with instead. Nowadays, the market is different. The amount of influencers has been multiplied by 100s, there are plenty of influencers who specialize solely in makeup and have built an audience who genuinely cares about makeup and will spend a lot of money on makeup. Of course makeup brands are going to focus on these types on influencers and give them the makeup sponsorships. Why would they pick Lily who has no expertise in makeup, doesn't ever post makeup videos anymore, and whose followers clearly don't watch her for makeup tips? When a makeup brand decides to work with an influencer, they're going to pick the influencer whose audience is most likely to buy their makeup. When you look at Lily's platforms, as a makeup brand, you're not going to see much ROI.

It's nothing to do with being a mother, nothing to do with her eczema, nothing to do with working part time. It's just the fact that her content has zero direction, she exhibits no passion for anything, and her engagement is declining at a steady speed. Her problem is that instead of reevaluating herself, she consistently makes excuses for herself and that's not going to lead her anywhere, except downhill.

Last edited:
  • Heart

jaymie

VIP Member
She lives too close to a busy road apparently 🙄🙄🙄
She is full of shit, she lives in one of those cookie cutters suburban towns in London. She acts as if she lives next to the Buckingham Palace.
The way she acts is so infuriating, it makes you wonder how a grown woman can be so clueless and inability to learn.
Her parents brought up a potato

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

Hally34

VIP Member
It is unjustifiable in this day and age to say that you don’t have captions and there’s there’s so many stories you can’t subtitle them. Get an app that auto captions for you. Post an hour later and use that time to subtitle your content. Pay someone to do it. Don’t be inaccessible just because you can’t be bothered
Its bad enough that it makes the content completely inaccessible to some people. I personally never usually have my sound on Instagram and always read captions so stories without captions get instantly skipped.

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
It’s wild that someone who is so privileged and has so much in life (both materially and otherwise eg no fertility issues) could be so bitter and unhappy, to the point it radiates from her.

• Heart
  • Sad

fidgetjo

VIP Member
She’s asked Rich to take a picture of her pretending to be asleep so she can post on Instagram about how tired and hard her life is whilst pregnant…
D9AA5995-9507-4E8F-87B7-50B02045D58F.png

• Haha
  • Sick

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
C20465B1-74E1-4D39-85DA-A80C4D29F075.jpeg

“Thanks for doing most of our work that we get paid handsomely for. Since you didn’t quite finish it off, please continue and also do the rest of our work. Oh, and also be grateful that we are including your work in our podcast. Thanks!”

• Haha
  • Heart