Lily Pebbles #25 idk the pandemic was weird, Rich, come pluck my beard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she uses the lipstick on her wedding day, this is what supposedly kicked off all her eczema woes for years and she mentioned Soap & Glory (including tagging them iirc) *constantly* every time she brought it up.

Soap & Glory was founded by Marcia Kilgore who sold it to Boots, these are not people/companies you drag for no reason (other than your own pigheadedness) without consequences.
This is such a shortsighted and DUMB step to take... It sounds like a thing that a clueless high schooler trying to get viral with drama would do. Definitely not someone with 10+ years experience, been in all sorts of brand meetings/events, self proclaimed marketing professional. This idiot deserves her career exile, it's so Lily😂😂 Let's watch her trying to prove that she's still relevant to beauty scene for the next few months.
My guess is she will try to show off random PR gifts from shared PO boxes and make it look like it's a collaboration.

Rw eczema, she doesn't wash her hair enough, drowns her scalp with all sorts of products daily, doesn't wash her brushes, her house is mouldy and so bleeping dirty, crappy diet (even with all the free, kinda healthy looking meals, money and all the free time in the world) and skincare filled with fragrance and essential oils. No wonder her skin never fully recovers, now all the hormonal ups and downs that'll come with a baby and giving birth. It is basically crying for its dear life at this point.

Reactions: 14
This is such a shortsighted and DUMB step to take... It sounds like a thing that a clueless high schooler trying to get viral with drama would do. Definitely not someone with 10+ years experience, been in all sorts of brand meetings/events, self proclaimed marketing professional. This idiot deserves her career exile, it's so Lily😂😂 Let's watch her trying to prove that she's still relevant to beauty scene for the next few months.
My guess is she will try to show off random PR gifts from shared PO boxes and make it look like it's a collaboration.

Rw eczema, she doesn't wash her hair enough, drowns her scalp with all sorts of products daily, doesn't wash her brushes, her house is mouldy and so bleeping dirty, crappy diet (even with all the free, kinda healthy looking meals, money and all the free time in the world) and skincare filled with fragrance and essential oils. No wonder her skin never fully recovers, now all the hormonal ups and downs that'll come with a baby and giving birth. It is basically crying for its dear life at this point.
All that and filthy towels. She looks like the type that uses fancy facewash, then washes it off with the same flannel Rich uses to wash his balls, too.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Absolutely, I didn't mean for it to come across as if I was taking motherhood for granted or complaining about something fickle - definitely not. It's something I feel very lucky and privileged to be able to do, it's not something I'm flippant about like Lily - 'nailed it!'. But it's a big adjustment, especially when you're grappling with adjusting to parenting too.

Personally it has really knocked my self-confidence looking in the mirror and not seeing what I expected to see, if you get me. I feel the same on the inside, but outside I look so different. As if before I had a beauty filter on and now someone's turned it down, forever 😂
Oh sorry that sounds rubbish, not something you think of at all when growing your family! I’m a new mum and so far haven’t felt that way but this is my first!
My comment on her profile was purely about the hair, I think if she joined the braids into the rest of her hair it would look better but in that photo it looks like she tied the rest back while she did the braids then never went back to them. But that’s her usual hair style…

Reactions: 6
View attachment 661410
Wasn’t she moaning about wearing a mask the other week and saying they make her hot and uncomfortable?
Yeah, I think she was still “not used to the whole mask thing” after over a year of pandemic. I still can’t believe how coddled she is. And I think you can really tell from the way she wears her masks sometimes that she’s really not used to it, not adjusting the nose wire properly etc. Still, I get being scared about catching Covid while she’s pregnant and possibly being worried about getting vaccinated while pregnant. I’m all for vaccinations and I think personally I’d do it even if I was pregnant, but I know people who are scared. At least where I live there’s so much contradictory advice about pregnancy and vaccination. But Lily is lucky, she can shield pretty well until she has her baby.

@dwight4eva Lily can't join the braids herself. She needs her sister to do it for her! She actually said it would be great if her sister moved in so she could do her hair every day.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
tbh i didn't remember that soap & glory was the brand that kicked this all off. i'm surprised she risked it all on a drugstore brand. they can't have done such an amazing original colour that couldn't be found elsewhere.

Reactions: 5
All that and filthy towels. She looks like the type that uses fancy facewash, then washes it off with the same flannel Rich uses to wash his balls, too.
Please don’t anyone ever mention Rich’s balls again… EVER :sick::sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I am beyond sick of those hideous looking braids. She would benefit hugely from some tape extensions to fill out the front and sides of her hair. It would honestly do her wonders. She was at her peak when she had shoulder length hair and could put a wave in it. She just needs to see her hair for the dead loss that it is. Is it ever even going to grow? It doesn’t even look alive! It’s like a stagnant dry yet greasy mess that has just given up on life and honestly I don’t blame it 🤣

Hey we told her she looks better in braids than wherever she was doing before. Granted the same braid style day in and day out is monotonous but it IS BETTER than what she had going before. What she really needs to do is pay her own money for a restorative haircut. Boho shaggy chic is popular what I’m at and involves shorter, layered hair in the front. It’s also meant for a wash n go lifestyle. But you need to pay at least $200 for a good one. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I just worry that if she braids the hair so tight every day (or even sleeps without undoing the braids every night), she will keep losing hair as too tight hairdos can do that too. She should just have a couple of days a week when she does a loose French plait or a half up half down do, or a low ponytail, to give her hair a proper rest.

Reactions: 12
Are we supposed to believe that she didn’t do this herself so she can justify buying a new desk for her new ‘office’??

As transparent as always
Maybe Rich can finally get her old desk as a hand me down?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Are we supposed to believe that she didn’t do this herself so she can justify buying a new desk for her new ‘office’??

As transparent as always
If she buys a new desk because of this (after only trying to remove it with a baby wipe?!) I might scream.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

As transparent as always
Maybe lily if you don’t want your 2 year old not to draw on the desk don’t leave them alone in your office with a pen.

Reactions: 19
I honestly don't feel bad for that idiot Rich, they live in a 3 bedroom house and they couldn't find a place to work. They can work in Grey's room, put two desks in the office - yes, small but it is do-able, and who put console table in the office just to store laundry baskets? Not instagramble but there is nothing insta-worthy about that house to begin with.

IMO, the loft is a bad investment if they are planning to sell in the next 2 years.

1626261218855.png

She wonders why no brand wants to work with her, because she doesn't show any loyalty. One day she is shilling Allies of Skin, the next day Clarins and the next day Clinique, which product is the best Lily?

1626261383980.png

Another skill for Rich to put on his CV!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

As transparent as always
She is not going to handle having two well at all. Grey seems very well behaved, but she will be a terror when she’s not getting the constant attention. I frequently come back from putting the baby down or changing his nappy to the three year old causing chaos!

I can see her putting a lot of pressure on Rich to work for her after baby arrives.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Here's the thing. Lily used to get makeup sponsorships back when there were only about 10 influencers to choose from in the UK market (Whatihearttoday, Viviannadoesmakeup, Zoella, Pixi2woo, Fleurdeforce...that era). These girls could get away with doing a little bit of everything with no special skills or creativity (makeup, hair, clothes, etc.) and all types of brands would throw sponsorships at them, because there weren't any of these more professionalized, specialized influencers available yet that they could work with instead. Nowadays, the market is different. The amount of influencers has been multiplied by 100s, there are plenty of influencers who specialize solely in makeup and have built an audience who genuinely cares about makeup and will spend a lot of money on makeup. Of course makeup brands are going to focus on these types on influencers and give them the makeup sponsorships. Why would they pick Lily who has no expertise in makeup, doesn't ever post makeup videos anymore, and whose followers clearly don't watch her for makeup tips? When a makeup brand decides to work with an influencer, they're going to pick the influencer whose audience is most likely to buy their makeup. When you look at Lily's platforms, as a makeup brand, you're not going to see much ROI.

It's nothing to do with being a mother, nothing to do with her eczema, nothing to do with working part time. It's just the fact that her content has zero direction, she exhibits no passion for anything, and her engagement is declining at a steady speed. Her problem is that instead of reevaluating herself, she consistently makes excuses for herself and that's not going to lead her anywhere, except downhill.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.