Lily Pebbles #25 idk the pandemic was weird, Rich, come pluck my beard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think it occurs to Lily that maybe brands just don't want to work with her because she's unprofessional, lazy and is pretty rubbish at creating content. Lily always has to present herself as the victim and, in this case, she feels she's been excluded because of a skin condition and not because she isn't keeping up with the game. She thinks being an OG is enough in itself for the brands to flock to her.
There's also no point sending her colour cosmetics: she'd always choose the blandest brown and beige tones of eye, cheek and lip products in PR "drops", passing over anything colourful without even swatching.

Reactions: 21
She doesn't go out of her way to create any makeup content of her own, so why would makeup brands work with her? To me, it seems like she has no interest in makeup. Free idea: she could be making content around eczema-safe makeup, which would actually be helpful, but she just does the same 5 minute routine everyday.

Her content is so extremely passive and uninspired. When was the last time she actually tried to make useful or informed content? Her newborn essentials video? This is why brands don't work with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm not buying her no make up brands will sponsor me now. She gets sent a tit load of free makeup products and if brands were so concerned about how there products would look on her they wouldn't even bother sending her the free stuff. As someone who also suffers from eczema on my face I couldn't think of anything worse than having to film myself applying make up when I am having a flare up though. If anything I could see Gleam not putting her forward for those kind of brand collabs. I mean if a brand approaches Gleam and wants to do some paid content and you had to choose between Lily and Anna and at the time Lily is whining about her eczema who do you think they are going to put forward for the ad?? Not Lily!
Lily herself has said all her "beauty" videos do poorly and there's a reason for that. Many of Lily's make up recs (and skincare) come from Anna and though Anna is crap, she at least does spend money on buying and "testing out" make up (granted she's bland as well). Lily just uses freebies only and refuses to spend her own money and time on properly testing out make up and really who would trust let alone watch a cheap influencer like that for makeup recs/reviews? Lily is no longer viewed as a "beauty influencer"(she's a "home life influencer" meaning only her home and family content do well) there are much better beauty influencers on various social media platforms out there now who spend their own money and time going over make up products in detail. Basically Lily wants to get Allana Davison level of freebies/collabs/sponsorships without the money/time/work that Allana puts in. Also pretty privilege is a real thing and Lily doesn't have the looks to increase her views when it comes to fashion/beauty content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Let’s not forget Gleam manage them, they don’t employ them. Influencers can speak up if they choose to, if they don’t, they may take advice from management but as self-employed members of society they make the final call
For sure! I think most of them regret calling themselves a ‘BLM ally ship’ because now everyone is expecting them to speak up.
They are all performative 🤡 🤡

Reactions: 16
Maybe makeup brands don't want to work with her because no matter the day, no matter the product, she does the same dull, uninspiring, brown eyeshadow look

Reactions: 24
What’s she on about?! Remember those fake NARS hide and seek stories? They were definitely not that long ago

Reactions: 7
Her content is so extremely passive and uninspired. When was the last time she actually tried to make useful or informed content? Her newborn essentials video? This is why brands don't work with her.
Remember when she had thy inspired video about wearing a coat in winter?! 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Does she have a small, treatable patch of eczema or a terminal illness? She really tries to look as miserable as possible, which seems to contradict her message that she posts photos of her eczema to normalize skin imperfections. Maybe a photo of her smiling and carrying on with her life while she also has eczema would be more convincing. It’s clear to me that this is another “cause” lily is pretending to crusade because her last sentence gives away what she really thinks— she’s most happy when she doesn’t have to deal with problem skin. Which is fine. I get it, nobody wants to deal with problem skin. But then stop sharing these pathetic pictures of your moany face and using it as an excuse for why you don’t get jobs with makeup brands. Which, btw, likely has nothing to do with your eczema and everything to do with the fact that you have zero makeup content and whenever you show yourself doing makeup you brag about how you only use a few products and can get your full face done in under five minutes. I’m pretty sure as an influencer you are supposed to at least pretend to use the products you are selling. So maybe start doing some makeup context, express an interest in makeup, and use more than a handful of products? You might have to actually *gasp* do some work! Should have the time now that the podcast is over!

Attachments

Reactions: 30
Does she have a small, treatable patch of eczema or a terminal illness? She really tries to look as miserable as possible, which seems to contradict her message that she posts photos of her eczema to normalize skin imperfections. Maybe a photo of her smiling and carrying on with her life while she also has eczema would be more convincing. It’s clear to me that this is another “cause” lily is pretending to crusade because her last sentence gives away what she really thinks— she’s most happy when she doesn’t have to deal with problem skin. Which is fine. I get it, nobody wants to deal with problem skin. But then stop sharing these pathetic pictures of your moany face and using it as an excuse for why you don’t get jobs with makeup brands. Which, btw, likely has nothing to do with your eczema and everything to do with the fact that you have zero makeup content and whenever you show yourself doing makeup you brag about how you only use a few products and can get your full face done in under five minutes. I’m pretty sure as an influencer you are supposed to at least pretend to use the products you are selling. So maybe start doing some makeup context, express an interest in makeup, and use more than a handful of products? You might have to actually *gasp* do some work! Should have the time now that the podcast is over!
Eczema is going to be Lily's Summer 2021 crusade isn't it? Like her Moles Summer 2020 campaign.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She doesn't go out of her way to create any makeup content of her own, so why would makeup brands work with her? To me, it seems like she has no interest in makeup. Free idea: she could be making content around eczema-safe makeup, which would actually be helpful, but she just does the same 5 minute routine everyday.

She’s an entitled twit. Her content creator “career” came so easily to her that she expects brands to pander to her although there are far superior influencers out there who are more creative and innovative than she will ever be. 5 years ago she was arguably innovative (with her stop motion LOL), but she’s become so complacent - which of course she blames on motherhood - that so many other creators have overtaken her. Plus, Gleam talent are the laughing stock of the industry. No one would argue they’ve pulled in a ton of money, but again, they’ve been overtaken by bigger and better firms.

Also, she’s just not interesting. She stands out for being a constant complainer, but beyond that, there’s nothing that sets her apart. She’s a dime a dozen in an industry of millions. She’s basic. And her initial audience have all probably outgrown her. They have families, careers and homes of their own. They don’t have time for Lily’s privileged and boring content. And instead of transitioning into a new career offline, like someone with emotional intelligence and a modicum of self-awareness would, she keeps moaning about the same tired things and churning out the same tired content.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm getting real Jack and the Beanstalk vibes from her post today re: sugar snap peas. Honestly don't know why she insists on doing that weird low messy bun?
It looks so bad with the braids, like two separate hair styles

Reactions: 8
I do feel for Lily a bit, because how she looks now is how I look after motherhood too. For some of us unlucky ladies it just ravages your looks 😂 I have that awful side profile now too, my hair is so thin, every single thing I wear looks frumpy. It's done something to my face I can't put my finger on, I look like I've aged about 10 years in the last 2.

So yeah, I do have a laugh at how hopeless Lily is as an influencer but I feel for her on the looks front. It sucks to know what it's like to be mildly attractive and then suddenly you look like a cave troll and there's nothing you can do 🙃

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I do feel for Lily a bit, because how she looks now is how I look after motherhood too. For some of us unlucky ladies it just ravages your looks 😂 I have that awful side profile now too, my hair is so thin, every single thing I wear looks frumpy. It's done something to my face I can't put my finger on, I look like I've aged about 10 years in the last 2.
THIS! Exactly this!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
THIS! Exactly this!
People always think I am about 10 years younger than I am, and I’m convinced the reason is because I don’t have children. I’ve always thought it was because I get plenty of sleep and am not very stressed though; I did not realize pregnancy itself can make you look older. I sympathize. That said, I am sure it is all worth it in the end for those who choose to become mothers and are fortunate enough to get pregnant.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
People always think I am about 10 years younger than I am, and I’m convinced the reason is because I don’t have children. I’ve always thought it was because I get plenty of sleep and am not very stressed though; I did not realize pregnancy itself can make you look older. I sympathize. That said, I am sure it is all worth it in the end for those who choose to become mothers and are fortunate enough to get pregnant.
Absolutely, I didn't mean for it to come across as if I was taking motherhood for granted or complaining about something fickle - definitely not. It's something I feel very lucky and privileged to be able to do, it's not something I'm flippant about like Lily - 'nailed it!'. But it's a big adjustment, especially when you're grappling with adjusting to parenting too.

Personally it has really knocked my self-confidence looking in the mirror and not seeing what I expected to see, if you get me. I feel the same on the inside, but outside I look so different. As if before I had a beauty filter on and now someone's turned it down, forever 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
472EA1C7-7481-486B-AAF7-FFF13A9790A8.png

Wasn’t she moaning about wearing a mask the other week and saying they make her hot and uncomfortable?

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.