Lily Pebbles #25 idk the pandemic was weird, Rich, come pluck my beard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly don't feel bad for that idiot Rich, they live in a 3 bedroom house and they couldn't find a place to work. They can work in Grey's room, put two desks in the office - yes, small but it is do-able, and who put console table in the office just to store laundry baskets? Not instagramble but there is nothing insta-worthy about that house to begin with.

IMO, the loft is a bad investment if they are planning to sell in the next 2 years.

View attachment 662264
She wonders why no brand wants to work with her, because she doesn't show any loyalty. One day she is shilling Allies of Skin, the next day Clarins and the next day Clinique, which product is the best Lily?

View attachment 662267
Another skill for Rich to put on his CV!
She is so whingy and painful!!

Reactions: 5
Here's the thing. Lily used to get makeup sponsorships back when there were only about 10 influencers to choose from in the UK market (Whatihearttoday, Viviannadoesmakeup, Zoella, Pixi2woo, Fleurdeforce...that era). These girls could get away with doing a little bit of everything with no special skills or creativity (makeup, hair, clothes, etc.) and all types of brands would throw sponsorships at them, because there weren't any of these more professionalized, specialized influencers available yet that they could work with instead. Nowadays, the market is different. The amount of influencers has been multiplied by 100s, there are plenty of influencers who specialize solely in makeup and have built an audience who genuinely cares about makeup and will spend a lot of money on makeup. Of course makeup brands are going to focus on these types on influencers and give them the makeup sponsorships. Why would they pick Lily who has no expertise in makeup, doesn't ever post makeup videos anymore, and whose followers clearly don't watch her for makeup tips? When a makeup brand decides to work with an influencer, they're going to pick the influencer whose audience is most likely to buy their makeup. When you look at Lily's platforms, as a makeup brand, you're not going to see much ROI.

It's nothing to do with being a mother, nothing to do with her eczema, nothing to do with working part time. It's just the fact that her content has zero direction, she exhibits no passion for anything, and her engagement is declining at a steady speed. Her problem is that instead of reevaluating herself, she consistently makes excuses for herself and that's not going to lead her anywhere, except downhill.
I also think there are better influencers who really know the products they talk about; they’re not just regurgitating the brand copy. The talk convincingly about ingredients and what serums go well with which retinols and the difference between chemical and mineral sunscreen. There’s more substance. Not just “The texture is nice. I’ve noticed a difference. It smells nice. Here’s my code for 15% off.”

Reactions: 22
I also think there are better influencers who really know the products they talk about; they’re not just regurgitating the brand copy. The talk convincingly about ingredients and what serums go well with which retinols and the difference between chemical and mineral sunscreen. There’s more substance. Not just “The texture is nice. I’ve noticed a difference. It smells nice. Here’s my code for 15% off.”
I miss the days when influencers actually gave details on the products they used or tested. What’s the formula like, how did it wear on your skin, is it worth the money etc. Just showing a boomerang of something you’ve been sent doesn’t make me want to try it

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Are we supposed to believe that she didn’t do this herself so she can justify buying a new desk for her new ‘office’??

As transparent as always
I'm calling BS. The scribbles are quite controlled, and right at the edge of the table. A 2 year old would make more rounded, bigger shapes, and probably in the middle of the table.

Also: how did she have time to do this, Lily??

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm calling BS. The scribbles are quite controlled, and right at the edge of the table. A 2 year old would make more rounded, bigger shapes, and probably in the middle of the table.

If Grey is going to scribble on a table it's not going to be neatly at the edge. I call BS too.

And the Avene face creams are two different products Lily. They've got different names.

Reactions: 16
Here goes the 153498th hair removing technique Lily tries. At this point she's supposed to have done laser, epilating, and she supposedly uses that stupid razor she and her Gleam friends won't stop flogging? how does she have any hair left to remove?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Here's the thing. Lily used to get makeup sponsorships back when there were only about 10 influencers to choose from in the UK market (Whatihearttoday, Viviannadoesmakeup, Zoella, Pixi2woo, Fleurdeforce...that era). These girls could get away with doing a little bit of everything with no special skills or creativity (makeup, hair, clothes, etc.) and all types of brands would throw sponsorships at them, because there weren't any of these more professionalized, specialized influencers available yet that they could work with instead. Nowadays, the market is different. The amount of influencers has been multiplied by 100s, there are plenty of influencers who specialize solely in makeup and have built an audience who genuinely cares about makeup and will spend a lot of money on makeup. Of course makeup brands are going to focus on these types on influencers and give them the makeup sponsorships. Why would they pick Lily who has no expertise in makeup, doesn't ever post makeup videos anymore, and whose followers clearly don't watch her for makeup tips? When a makeup brand decides to work with an influencer, they're going to pick the influencer whose audience is most likely to buy their makeup. When you look at Lily's platforms, as a makeup brand, you're not going to see much ROI.

It's nothing to do with being a mother, nothing to do with her eczema, nothing to do with working part time. It's just the fact that her content has zero direction, she exhibits no passion for anything, and her engagement is declining at a steady speed. Her problem is that instead of reevaluating herself, she consistently makes excuses for herself and that's not going to lead her anywhere, except downhill.
Also makeup brands (esp high end ones) have learned in the ten years since influencers were a thing that gifting all their products to every influencer is not a good move either. Brands were on a learning curve with influencers at first which meant they made alot of trial and error (def the latter part when influencers were first a thing). That Chanel trip or anything similar that Lily and Anna went on years ago will never fall into Lily's lap again ever. It's clear now if a makeup brand "gifts" something to Lily it's either a new brand or they just want general exposure to as many people as possible (i.e. a new product from an established brand such as Fenty Beauty eaze drop). However if you see many of the influencers who have 200,000 followers on IG (e.g. thecheeseplate - thanks to the person on here who recommended their IG page) they average the same amount of likes and comments that Lily does so either many of lily's followers forgot to unfollow her (which def is possible), are inactive, or she's been buying followers.

Reactions: 12
Lily doesnt deserved makeup brand sponsorships, in all these years she hasnt evolved and still says products are nice, nice packaging, nice texture and thats it. In this day and age of influencing that isnt good enough anymore. She hasnt grown and continues to want to do the bare minimum with lots of money. What a Karen.

Reactions: 20
View attachment 662267
Another skill for Rich to put on his CV!
To be honest, he could retrain as a beautician. There is very little he hasn't seen when it comes to the wonders of a female body

Are you telling me Rich has done it?
#vengeance

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Cleaning-pen-off-desk content, trying-to-“work out”-if-two-different-creams-with-different-names-are-the-same content (#beggingforkindlygiftedfreebies), gazpacho content....

Yup, it’s totally super weird that makeup brands don’t want to see what kind of magic you can whip up with their products!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She has no direction, she is like a wheelie bin that take in all kind of garbage.

• Haha
At first I thought wow! Lily finally did a good job of decorating her kid's room, I'm actually proud of her! But then I realised it's someone else's post and the next story with the samples ended me.

So dull and tired!!!!!! That room is going look like a freaking hospital ward Lily, you utter, utter idiot!!!!

Reactions: 32
At first I thought wow! Lily finally did a good job of decorating her kid's room, I'm actually proud of her! But then I realised it's someone else's post and the next story with the samples ended me.

So dull and tired!!!!!! That room is going look like a freaking hospital ward Lily, you utter, utter idiot!!!!
So Grey will take their current office? They will stay put in their current bedroom and baby 2 will take Grey’s current room? IMO she should go for a darker shade of green.

green because Anna painted her old office green

Reactions: 4
@OrangeDuvet IKR? The room in the picture she posted is so cute, this jungle/safari theme is lovely and even if you get some tacky toys in (tacky for Lily, just toys for the rest of us), they kind of blend in with the colours and patterns so it's quite forgiving in that way. Also, it's using her favourite colour (Pantone 101 Runny Baby Poo) in a very nice way - she would be honestly better off just copying the whole thing than trying to "design" the room herself 😂

So Grey will take their current office? They will stay put in their current bedroom and baby 2 will take Grey’s current room? IMO she should go for a darker shade of green.

green because Anna painted her old office green
Green because she's always green with envy 🤭

Reactions: 14
@OrangeDuvet IKR? The room in the picture she posted is so cute, this jungle/safari theme is lovely and even if you get some tacky toys in (tacky for Lily, just toys for the rest of us), they kind of blend in with the colours and patterns so it's quite forgiving in that way. Also, it's using her favourite colour (Pantone 101 Runny Baby Poo) in a very nice way - she would be honestly better off just copying the whole thing than trying to "design" the room herself 😂
Lmao she just designed a care home

• Haha
  • Heart
It feels like Lily is designing the room for herself not for grey. I don’t hate the green colour, but it’s not a colour for a kids bedroom!

It’s so boring and very adult. Not kidish. Why does a kids bedroom need to be calm?

Reactions: 15
Love that she wants to paint the roof in Lick shade 23 “Baby sick after spinach purée”, but oh dear Lord, does that mean she will get rid of my favourite diarrhoea arch wall? 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.