Lily Pebbles #25 idk the pandemic was weird, Rich, come pluck my beard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chocolate is also not great if you need a sugar burst, the amount of fat means you process the sugar more slowly (type 1 diabetic here so I know this stuff!)
She’s even useless at eating something sugary. Granted she might not know that about choc but if you’re told to eat something sugary surely a Diet Coke and chocolate is not the one.
She'd have been better off with some haribo tangfastics - those set my daughter into endless somersaults after just consuming one or two!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My baby wasn't in the right position at 20 weeks either but the ultrasound tech just prodded my abdomen for a bit and she moved 😅. This seems kind of dramatic for a 20 week fetus. They have lots of space in there still.

Reactions: 16
Not to defend Lily but I am on her side with preferring to stay near family and friends… some people just aren’t into the idea of living far away and that’s OK, I think? I like familiarity and the dread and anxiety of something happening to my parents and not being able to make it to them quickly (even though I know technically even on the other side of the world it’s only a day away by plane) would mean I would never be able to settle or enjoy myself. I have a life I love in my home city and I’m not interested in starting all over again. I have plenty of friends who have moved from the UK to all sorts of places and it seems exciting but not a life I choose for myself.

What I do think is/could be an issue for Lily is that she and Rich are clearly on different pages about this and he’s already away from his family’s base… those kind of things can build resentment.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it! And your reasoning is super solid. If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s having friends and family close by is a huge blessing. I’m only three hours from my parents, but a border separates us, so I haven’t seen them in over a year. I feel so much empathy for those separated from families for even longer. Lily acts like she’s this woman of the world, with a huuuuge superiority complex (she is a London mum after all), but she refuses to be open minded when confronted with anything new or perceived by her as “different”. Instead of curiosity, she just exudes derision. And in that sense, she could benefit from having to go down to a government office in a country where she doesn’t speak the language to negotiate utilities or intermittent electricity or navigating public transit across a country packed into a van with 10 other people who don’t speak your language or eating food she’s not used to in order to show respect to her host.

Anyway, sorry about England losing and I hope any POCs in this thread are safe and getting the support you need post-loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Did they really tell her to have a "fizzy" drink?
Trust Lily to misunderstand and go for fizz without sugar but with caffeine, which most people avoid in pregnancy.
She probably thinks the fizz is what will make the baby more active 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
To be fair I remember with Grey the technician told her to get a fizzy drink and chocolate, he didn't seem to have explained what exactly gets the kid to move or she would've picked a sugary drink?

Reactions: 5
My baby wasn't in the right position at 20 weeks either but the ultrasound tech just prodded my abdomen for a bit and she moved 😅. This seems kind of dramatic for a 20 week fetus. They have lots of space in there still.
I was there for hours trying to get one final measurement….not much you can do if baby won’t play ball!

Reactions: 4
Why would she need sugar to get a scan done?
It can help make the baby move. It’s like a sugar high for them so they become more active. So at the 20 week scan where they check organs and growth of everything if they can’t see something then sugar might make the baby move enough got them to.

Reactions: 10
I was there for hours trying to get one final measurement….not much you can do if baby won’t play ball!
Same! I was in for over an hour as my daughter wouldn't cooperate! It got to the point they were talking about re booking me in for another scan as they couldn't carry on as had others waiting - luckily another sonographer came in and with me on my side and him leaning over me to get the right angle, they finally got it all done!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It can help make the baby move. It’s like a sugar high for them so they become more active. So at the 20 week scan where they check organs and growth of everything if they can’t see something then sugar might make the baby move enough got them to.
Oh right. Having never 'nailed it' I had no idea, never heard anyone mention this before.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Wow, so Lily the Londoner stays quiet on the racism being hurled at black England players. Not surprised.

Reactions: 34
Wow, so Lily the Londoner stays quiet on the racism being hurled at black England players. Not surprised.
I think Gleam ask them to shut up. Suzie, Anna, we are twin set and Lily didn’t mention anything

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I don’t understand why she doesn’t just pluck out those stray, sticking-up eyebrows hairs?

I mean, fair enough, I’m not a “beauty guru”, so what do I know, but if this were my eyebrows… I would just pluck out the offending hairs in the morning.

WHY can’t she just do that?
Rich the pluck guy was perhaps too busy...

• Haha
I can’t imagine Lily going to a foreign supermarket and buying things. She’ll ask the sales associates and say ‘where are my pickles, where are my artichokes and where is my Heinz ketchup’ 😂
Doubt she remembers how to grocery shop any more! Another selfish dick move by Lily: hogging a delivery slot during a pandemic when she and her healthy, able-bodied partner both have flexible schedules. God they bleeping suck

Ok so someone told her… View attachment 659153
The best part about this is that she’s walking in the opposite direction.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
OMFG wtf with the stupid moving Confetti and party hat on tattle :cautious::confused::rolleyes:

We lost okay 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇮🇹

• Haha
  • Sad
OMFG wtf with the stupid moving Confetti and party hat on tattle :cautious::confused::rolleyes:

We lost okay 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇮🇹
some of us didn't 😇

i'd be surprised if gleam let them post anything halfway political anymore. tbf i'm fine with not hearing from lily on anything important ever.

Reactions: 27
She's too middle class for football. Football is for those working class folks Queen Lily avoids. I don't follow her - did she mention it at all- wishing them luck or anything since she's such an English person.

• Haha
especially in a time where *everyone* I know is talking about it. Regardless of whether or not they follow football or not.

Doesn't she apparently love Arsenal? Posting pictures of Grey in a tiny jersey and talking about how she wants Grey to support the team she supported. I think I'm remembering this correctly.

Reactions: 9
especially in a time where *everyone* I know is talking about it. Regardless of whether or not they follow football or not.

Doesn't she apparently love Arsenal? Posting pictures of Grey in a tiny jersey and talking about how she wants Grey to support the team she supported. I think I'm remembering this correctly.
Yes because I think Lily herself played football at school?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.