Lily Pebbles #23 I hate my hair and my salad's too yummy. Life is so hard as a London mummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That reel came across as a weird fan-made commercial for Eataly. Not to sound like I'm from somewhere cool like London (I'm from the US Midwest), but I went to the New York Eataly 10 years ago and this is not exactly hip London-based content. Oh wow, a chain restaurant opened in your city.
Same, I ate at the Flatiron one soon after it opened. Found it overrated. Booked to go back with a couple of older relatives a few years later because one of them had heard it was great, and was rudely told by staff when we arrived that there were only standing tables available, followed by a very pointed "up and down" look at the two older ladies. We decided to go to the Olive Garden instead 😁
I'd say it's just the type of place Lily would love.
The Nutella tap looked cool in fairness!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I love that she didn't even order something special!! She literally got boring ass spaghetti. I am laughing so hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Well to be fair she probably doesn’t know the difference between Italian and French, it will all be “Foreign” to her. And she doesn’t speak Foreign.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I remember absolute years (yonks!) ago how she went on and on about how amazing Dishoom was and how it was a favourite of hers. When a branch opened in my city I was keen to try it and it's nice but it's nowhere near the top spot. Showed me how clueless she was/is. It's hard to believe anyone would hype a chain restaurant with all the choice LONDONERS have.
Dishoom is overrated and Granger&Co is too.

Reactions: 7
The hardest part of her job is distinguishing between French and Italian? (and failing at it)
Jesus Mary and Joseph I wish I had her problems.
I mean if you live in the greatest city in the world, there is no need to learn French or Italian.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don’t know if this has been mentioned here before but Lily with braided hair and poop colored burlap sacks for clothing gives me serious Aunt Lydia vibes from the Handmaids tale…

wanna play “spot the difference”? 😂
I remember I made a joke about Lily being aunt Lydia while Anna is OfMark

• Haha
Reactions: 33
It's grossly unjust and unfair to work so 3x as hard to earn only 1/3 of what some of these influencers are making but I think the reason why we're seeing more ads/sponsorship/patreon/etc is b/c as more platforms are created and as each year goes by more ppl are becoming influencers which means less money for Lily and Anna as the years go by. That Chanel trip, I guarantee will never be offered to Lily or Anna ever again and they know that was their peak. Lily constantly boasts about the number of "followers" ("half a million" :rolleyes:) and she has more followers than Allana Davison on IG but Allana has way more followers than Lily on YouTube - a platform Lily has previously said isn't as "popular" yet it's Allana who is the one getting the beauty collabs that Lily was begging for in the 2nd to last podcast. Makeup is Allana's niche and also she constantly produces content which increases her followers, something Lily and Anna think they don't need to do b/c its clear their "niche" is making mediocre home videos where they show a hodgepodge of everything with personal bits sprinkled in b/c they don't have a specialty. I guarantee that if they nix the "personal bits" in their vlogs their "career" will tank in a heartbeat and they know this and are resentful of it (though they have no right to be).

Also this is a good article on influencers esp on TikTok and the future of influencers: https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2021/5/25/22451987/influencer-burnout-tiktok-clubhouse

Influencers can make crazy amounts of cash in a very short time but how sustainable is it 15-20 years as algorithms keeps changing, more platforms are being created and as more ppl are getting in on it further expanding the market there will definitely be a decline. It's high risk for high reward for a few minutes but long term....

P.S. Lily def goes on here. In that 2nd to last podcast, she referenced criticism that she's received that I haven't seen posted on her IG or YT but is discussed on here so either she or someone close to her does while giving her all the deets.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I know how grossly unjust and unfair it is to work so 3x as hard to earn only 1/3 of what some of these influencers are making but I think the reason why we're seeing more ads/sponsorship/patreon/etc is b/c as more platforms are created and as each year goes by more ppl are getting in on it which means less money for Lily and Anna as the years go by. That Chanel trip, I guarantee will never be offered to Lily or Anna ever again and they know it. I know Lily harps on about the number of "followers" and she has more followers than Allana Davison on IG but Allana has way more followers than Lily on YouTube - a platform Lily says sin't as "popular" yet it's Allana who is the one getting the beauty collabs that Lily is coveting b/c that's Allana's niche and also she constantly produces content which increases her followers.

Also this is a good article on influencers esp on TikTok and the future of influencers: https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2021/5/25/22451987/influencer-burnout-tiktok-clubhouse

Influencers can make crazy amounts of cash but how sustainable is it 15-20 years as algorithms keeps changing, more platforms are being created and as more ppl are getting in on it further expanding the market there will definitely be a decline. It's high risk for high reward for a few minutes but long term....
The thing is with their current income, if they are smart enough, they would have invested in some properties. They are able to pay off their existing mortgage or reduce the term of mortgage, so when normal people are tied in to long term mortgages, these twats are already mortgage free or have a secondary income to sustain their living.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
The thing is with their current income, if they are smart enough, they would have invested in some properties. They are able to pay off their existing mortgage or reduce the term of mortgage, so when normal people are tied in to long term mortgages, these twats are already mortgage free or the secondary income to sustain their living.
Lily was lucky to get in the market when she did so her home now is def worth more (despite the atrocious decor and renos) and you're right she most likely reduced the term mortgage but Anna paid alot for hers and its clear they're going to be paying off theirs for a while. Def not saying it isnt unfair but for those lucky few who bought their homes "low" and can pay off a significant amount they are more or less set for the next few years. They just got lucky but luck does run out eventually.

Reactions: 9
As a 'Londoner' I always cringe when Lily does her any content London related. It reads like a list of things 22 year old tourists would do on their first trip here. There is so much more to London than what she shows. She could easily do a round up of great (family run) Italian restaurants in various parts of London but that would be too much work for her esp since there would be no financial gain for her but, content wise, it would be so much more engaging.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
As a 'Londoner' I always cringe when Lily does her any content London related. It reads like a list of things 22 year old tourists would do on their first trip here. There is so much more to London than what she shows. She could easily do a round up of great (family run) Italian restaurants in various parts of London but that would be too much work for her esp since there would be no financial gain for her but, content wise, it would be so much more engaging.
And she would gain in the long run as it would probably steadily accumulate views and bring a new audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well to be fair she probably doesn’t know the difference between Italian and French, it will all be “Foreign” to her. And she doesn’t speak Foreign.
No one told her the difference at school.

Reactions: 7
Lily was lucky to get in the market when she did so her home now is def worth more (despite the atrocious decor and renos) and you're right she most likely reduced the term mortgage but Anna paid alot for hers and its clear they're going to be paying off theirs for a while. Def not saying it isnt unfair but for those lucky few who bought their homes "low" and can pay off a significant amount they are more or less set for the next few years. They just got lucky but luck does run out eventually.
Agreed there are so many great Italian restaurant in London but they are always going to the most instagramable one. And she also ordered the most basic dish :unsure:

Reactions: 9
She’s been alone for two hours and she’s on Instagram stories complaining about it. Most people would be relishing in having a day alone for the first time in over a year. Really shows that lily is so codependent on Rich. Can’t be left alone for two hours.
9A8F89B0-7D74-455D-BBF2-FA09B45FBA9D.png
9F178122-4F29-4C57-AB99-EEA5EE17E3FE.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.