Lily Pebbles #23 I hate my hair and my salad's too yummy. Life is so hard as a London mummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is basically like a go fund me, it feels. How gross of them.
Yeah, there’a definitely a difference between starting a Patreon to offer extra valuable content and a GoFundMe when you have sponsorships and gifts coming out the wazoo. A few smaller influencers I follow use their Patreon to list out outfits and brands instead of tagging them on IG, so viewers have to subscribe for access in additional to additional content like longer form essays, AMAs, informal chat boards, etc. But the gal I subscribe to is marginalized in comparison to Lily/Anna. I think it also comes down to, she knows her content is good and useful, so why not charge a little extra for it? Whereas, for Lily/Anna/TheFrugality, it’s another way to squeeze money from the fan base, knowing their viewers will subscribe even if the content is garbage. See: podcast FB page and Anna’s FB page.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Whereas, for Lily/Anna/TheFrugality, it’s another way to squeeze money from the fan base, knowing their viewers will subscribe even if the content is garbage. See: podcast FB page and Anna’s FB page.
That’s exactly it! I don’t have any issue with anyone starting a patreon for extra content / what patreon is meant for, but it’s the blatant squeezing more money out of people.
I kind of always got the ick from the frugality. Almost like she was putting on this image of scrimping & saving and Oh poor me we can’t afford a big Reno while she’s millions in her bank account. However, that’s 100% on me because that’s how I’ve interpreted her content. Haven’t followed her in 2+ years

That’s exactly it! I don’t have any issue with anyone starting a patreon for extra content / what patreon is meant for, but it’s the blatant squeezing more money out of people.
I kind of always got the ick from the frugality. Almost like she was putting on this image of scrimping & saving and Oh poor me we can’t afford a big Reno while she’s millions in her bank account. However, that’s 100% on me because that’s how I’ve interpreted her content. Haven’t followed her in 2+ years
That’s probably how she started and then realized there’s a lot of money in appearing to scrimp and save 😂

To bring it back to Lily, it’s the same with her renovation. She cut corners with the kitchen handles and now they appear - only to her - to have worn badly and oh, isn’t it ironic she’s found a company to send her more expensive ones for free 🙄 The larder on the other hand, well that was just Lily thinking she was smarter than she actually is.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't think I even know of any YouTubers like this. I'm pretty sure everyone I follow is a full time YouTuber - even the people I consider to be 'smaller' influencers like Jess Parr and Freya Farrington are full-time.
I watch a few people who are influencing/youtubing alongside university/college which I enjoy as I'm currently pursuing a graduate degree myself so it's nice to see (obvs that is not the case for everyone and I know some poeple might find that offputting if they just want to forget about school/uni) and a few of the book people I watch also have full or part time jobs alongside their online work but yeah very very few of the lifestyle people I know of work alongside, with most of them not having worked a traditional job (by that I just mean non-influencer) for a loooooong time, if ever if they started during uni/early

Reactions: 7
Hilarious that Lily's reel about Eataly used a French song... One of those 'you had one job' moments tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Hilarious that Lily's reel about Eataly used a French song... One of those 'you had one job' moments tbh
No-one told her...

In all seriousness it was have been hilarious if she had put the Maneskin song over the top of the reel. Would love if someone with IT skills could do that 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
No-one told her...

In all seriousness it was have been hilarious if she had put the Maneskin song over the top of the reel. Would love if someone with IT skills could do that 🤣
Off-topic but that song's been on repeat since Saturday. lol as a former emo kid there's just something about guys with eyeliner...and rock'n'roll in italian? damn son 🥵 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Does she really think that people will want to rewatch that video so many times on reels that they need to save it for easy access to it? What delusional world does she live in that she thinks her content is that good and regular visits of touristy places in London is what people want?

Reactions: 25
And as if she will show more of London. It's always so limited to places that are already very touristy.

• Haha
Did Eataly pay her/comp her food to do this Reel?

I can’t believe she used a French song. YOU CAN’T MAKE THIS tit UP!

• Haha
Reactions: 27

She hasn’t tagged it as an ad or as gifted so I’m assuming not. And instead she’s just being lily and pushing her ‘Londoner’ narrative, although Eataly is a worldwide chain and she could have 100% used her platform to promote smaller independent Italian supermarkets around London.

• Sad
Reactions: 21

Her job is SO hard, AND she is a MUM you know ... Who has time to find Italian songs?? Don't you know her family always used to go to France? She just does not know any Italian songs ..... *Cries*

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Last week: reposts a moany story about how she deserves to get paid for her decade of experience making great content
Today: post a bleeping reel going to an italian chain restaurant and puts a french song in the background.

Can't make this tit up.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
That reel came across as a weird fan-made commercial for Eataly. Not to sound like I'm from somewhere cool like London (I'm from the US Midwest), but I went to the New York Eataly 10 years ago and this is not exactly hip London-based content. Oh wow, a chain restaurant opened in your city.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Don’t say that, her papa is musician you know. She is that kind of person that will insert :
California- California dreaming
NY- Gentleman in NY (edit:Englishman)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I remember absolute years (yonks!) ago how she went on and on about how amazing Dishoom was and how it was a favourite of hers. When a branch opened in my city I was keen to try it and it's nice but it's nowhere near the top spot. Showed me how clueless she was/is. It's hard to believe anyone would hype a chain restaurant with all the choice LONDONERS have.

Reactions: 19
Did Lily say she was an exploring a new area? Eataly is literally down the road from her beloved Shoreditch.

Sting's Englishman in New York played on the radio earlier today and I couldn't help but think of Lily and that her theme song should be a tweaked version of the song.

I don't take coffee, I take tea, my dear
I like my toast done on one side
And you can hear it in my accent when I talk
I'm an Englishwoman in New YorkLondon
See me walking down Fifth Avenue Oxford Street
A walking cane Rich here at my side
I take it him everywhere I walk
I'm an Englishwoman in New YorkLondon

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Off-topic but that song's been on repeat since Saturday. lol as a former emo kid there's just something about guys with eyeliner...and rock'n'roll in italian? damn son 🥵 😅
The song is such an ear worm, I can't get it out if my head. Guys with eyeliner...yes please!
Don’t say that, her papa is musician you know. She is that kind of person that will insert :
California- California dreaming
NY- Gentleman in NY
She is so generic with everything whilst thinking she is being so alternative and out there with literally everything.

She lives in London she can go to so many independent restaurants but she just goes to chain restaurants. She basically follows whatever other people say is cool rather than finding her own taste and style.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.