Lily Pebbles #23 I hate my hair and my salad's too yummy. Life is so hard as a London mummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Lily’s sour sounding attitude toward her kid are [hopefully] just the result of being bad at written communication. Exhibit A: Most people would say “Rich and I DON’T start cooking until 7:30...”, but Lily uses “can’t”. Girl, you most certainly can start cooking before 7:30, you just choose not to. There is literally nothing stopping you. It’s not like the gas doesn’t turn on until 7:30 preventing you from cooking on the stovetop before then. The words we use matter and can change the meaning of a sentence...obviously!
Her grammar is poor considering she’s had a private education. Just goes to show!

Reactions: 15
So at the end of yesterday's vlog she said she was feeling a bit odd about going back out and about now that restrictions are easing. And she said that she would see other influencers posting about being out and about blah blah. Today she's at EATALY but has clearly dragged Grey and Rich with her. Can this woman DO ANYTHING on her own? She could do a really cute vlog about having a solo day out but instead she's dragging her family around with her. I just don't get it.

Reactions: 28
I think Lily’s sour sounding attitude toward her kid are [hopefully] just the result of being bad at written communication. Exhibit A: Most people would say “Rich and I DON’T start cooking until 7:30...”, but Lily uses “can’t”. Girl, you most certainly can start cooking before 7:30, you just choose not to. There is literally nothing stopping you. It’s not like the gas doesn’t turn on until 7:30 preventing you from cooking on the stovetop before then. The words we use matter and can change the meaning of a sentence...obviously!
Literally, my sister has two under 3 and she preps dinner earlier in the evening/day whilst her husband spends time with the kids after work. Sometimes her toddler eats with them, sometimes not. Sometimes they eat reheats from the day before. Easy. Why does Lily make everything so difficult. No one told her you can chop up some veg to cook later I suppose. Also I swear she has pasta for dinner most nights 🤣

Reactions: 26
Literally, my sister has two under 3 and she preps dinner earlier in the evening/day whilst her husband spends time with the kids after work. Sometimes her toddler eats with them, sometimes not. Sometimes they eat reheats from the day before. Easy. Why does Lily make everything so difficult. No one told her you can chop up some veg to cook later I suppose. Also I swear she has pasta for dinner most nights 🤣
I think the problem is Lily doesn't see being a mum as a full time job. She lives as she did when it was just her and Rich but now for a couple of times a week for a few hours she looks after Grey. There is no planning and organisation. I can't see Lily having any kind of schedule for cleaning, doing laundry and just general adulting.

Reactions: 23
I hate when she talks about "my days with Grey and Rich's days with Grey' as if they are a divorced couple who have joined custody.

• Sad
Reactions: 72
I don’t get it, why can’t one of them do bed and bath time and another one cook? Why do they need to cook together?

Reactions: 24
Why is she wearing Rich’s coat. She has a thousand of her own I’m sure... View attachment 588240sh
She looks like a stereotypical tourist in this photo. I get the weather is crap but the whole point of influencers (yes, I called Lily an influencer though she loathes the title) is to provide creative/escapist or portray "real" content in a palatable way. Lily clearly has the time (ffs both her and Rich work part time) but she doesn't want to put the effort yet she's baffled why her viewers don't watch her beauty/style videos. I think once Grey is in school and if they're lucky to have another child then once that child is in school, I can see her doing a "makeover" series where she gets serious about working out consistently and buys "fashionable" clothes (unless she begs for a sponsorship which she would totally do) but that's what another 3-4 years? Social media is changing rapidly who knows what her audience will look like by then.

Reactions: 10
She looks like a stereotypical tourist in this photo. I get the weather is crap but the whole point of influencers (yes, I called Lily an influencer though she loathes the title) is to provide creative/escapist or portray "real" content in a palatable way. Lily clearly has the time (ffs both her and Rich work part time) but she doesn't want to put the effort yet she's baffled why her viewers don't watch her beauty/style videos. I think once Grey is in school and if they're lucky to have another child then once that child is in school, I can see her doing a "makeover" series where she gets serious about working out consistently and buys "fashionable" clothes (unless she begs for a sponsorship which she would totally do) but that's what another 3-4 years? Social media is changing rapidly who knows what her audience will look like by then.
I don't get it why is she doing reel about Eataly now, it is done to death on Reel and tiktok by people who are far talented.

It was opened 3-4 weeks, my bet is that the Reel will feature the neon arch and her favourite artichoke from Natoora:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don't get it why is she doing reel about Eataly now, it is done to death on Reel and tiktok by people who are far talented.

It was opened 3-4 weeks, my bet is that the Reel will feature the neon arch and her favourite artichoke from Natoora:rolleyes:
As much as Lily says she wants a niche audience its not sustainable for her lifestyle so she's trying to grow her audience so she can get the freebies/sponsorships/collabs rolling in and hopes by doing what all the "cool, younger influencers" are doing she might increase traffic to her social media pages and increase her audience. The problem is Lily looks like she's trying too hard to be trendy and same with Anna. What worked in their 20s won't work anymore b/c she's they're not in their 20s. Lily's a mum in her mid 30s but doesn't want to show that aspect on camera/social media but doesn't want to put in any additional effort. Therefore her audience are blessed with her doing a lazy man's version of the latest reel/TikTok trend while she's cosplaying Rich.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I eat parmezan that has mould on too. I just shave it off. To me, that is totally normal.

Reactions: 8
I think Lily's 'tooth fairy' was on This Morning about half an hour ago. Very glam!

Reactions: 3
Also she talks like cooking at 7:30 is such a burden. Some people choose to eat their evening meal at that time. Like me 😄

Reactions: 11
At least it looks like she is braiding her hair now?
She straightens it before braiding so it’s not actually helping the damage 🙄 typical lily won’t listen to anyone’s advice who told her the heat is damaging

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She straightens it before braiding so it’s not actually helping the damage 🙄 typical lily won’t listen to anyone’s advice who told her the heat is damaging
"I have a career in front of a camera", but also looking like a woman 99% of the time:cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m not sure if I will express this properly....

When ‘influencing’ became a thing, initially it was people who were students/working, who had a hobby and that hobby was showing snippets of their lives / fashion etc. Blogs, then YouTube, then Instagram etc. Lily was one of those people.

Now it’s her ‘job’ and showing those snippets is ‘work’, all the fun and joy has been sucked out of it. Can’t she even keep up the pretence that we are welcome into her life...a life that she opened up initially? For fun, then for profit? She’s so begrudging of doing what earns her money? Is it just me? That’s how it really comes across anyway.

Her ‘content’ now is clunky, contrived, laborious, joyless. I think seeing her friend Hannah reminded me of how Lily and many other ‘influencers’ used to be. Quite cool actually; I rather liked having a peek into their lives and the internet seemed like a side issue to them. Now the focus or emphasis has shifted: She used to post things she would have been doing anyway and it was nice! Now she does things just to post online and it’s just...not nice.

I feel like I’m living in an episode of Black Mirror sometimes.

ETA: I also think she knows this, either by reading forums like this or knowing she’s backed herself into a corner professionally. I said this on Anna’s thread: it must be so alluring to know you can earn so much money from doing relatively little. But still have the inkling in the back of your mind that this could all just go kaput. Anna’s ‘ad breaks’ make me cringe for her but I think Mark absolutely encourages her to do them because of the sheer amount of money they make. I can just imagine him: ‘Go on babe’. So Anna ends up grinning goofily online, giggling away and shilling stuff no one will buy. It actually makes me sad.

God, I’m maudlin today. As you were!

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.