Lily Pebbles #23 I hate my hair and my salad's too yummy. Life is so hard as a London mummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that mild mould? The fact that she didn’t hide it shows that how moudly stuff is part and parcel of her life :sick:
Yes. It is mild mould. Just cut it off. It’s only mouldy if the whole thing is covered in lots of spots. One spot of mould can easily be cut off.

Reactions: 11
You can eat Parmesan cheese if it has mild mould. Just cut the mould off and eat the rest of it. That’s cheese can last a life time if stored correctly. My grandma in Italy used to have some that was my grandads until about 15 years after he died when we ran out and we ate it everyday and we’re fine.
Haha I’m definitely this person too 🤣🤣🤣

And save your parm rinds to make soups in the fall/winter.

Reactions: 13
Ah, of course Lily is no longer using the toothpaste tabs if she can get other freebies and get paid to show them off....

Lily putting the sauce on her pasta, not taking her bowl closer to her pan, is giving me anxiety.

So pathetic that they don't eat together. Surely she could wait for him to finish his spin?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh am I missing out. She said she doesn’t like unmixed pasta, then why not do it the Italian way by putting the cooked pasta into the sauce so it get coated?

Reactions: 18
The vlog was decent, however she needs to learn how to be happy on her own, it is time to grow up Lily. Motherhood makes her resentful for some reason, she is either overwhelmed or underwhelmed about it..
I was very surprised to hear how her evenings/ routines are timed to the T, sounds very stressful especially if there are two adults with just one kid in a big comfortable house. They need to chill a bit and be more playful; life is so short!

Reactions: 24
The vlog was decent, however she needs to learn how to be happy on her own, it is time to grow up Lily. Motherhood makes her resentful for some reason, she is either overwhelmed or underwhelmed about it..
I was very surprised to hear how her evenings/ routines are timed to the T, sounds very stressful especially if there are two adults with just one kid in a big comfortable house. They need to chill a bit and be more playful; life is so short!
Yeah they can eat together at 6 and Grey go to bed at 8, is not like she needs to wake up at 6am the next day to go to nursery anyway?

And save your parm rinds to make soups in the fall/winter.
I am betting this is one of the no one told her

Reactions: 12
You can eat Parmesan cheese if it has mild mould. Just cut the mould off and eat the rest of it. That’s cheese can last a life time if stored correctly. My grandma in Italy used to have some that was my grandads until about 15 years after he died when we ran out and we ate it everyday and we’re fine.
Yes, I eat it too if part has gone mouldy, but I cut it off first and don't hold it by the mould. I would definitely cut it off before I started filming :sick:

Reactions: 13
I think this vlog doesn’t seem so bad bc she doesn’t pass along blatant misinformation or say anything overtly stupid - guess she used up all her dumb while recording the podcast.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The vlog was ok but its becoming clearer with each social media content she posts that what she imagined motherhood to be and what it is are two completely different things. Lily never wanted to grow up nor has she felt the need to which is obvious in her still blaming others for her lack of lifeskills. She graduated from uni over ten years ago now and if she doesn't know something that's on her and yes you won't ever know everything but Google is free. Prior to having a baby. Lily's life/work revolved around her which she clearly loved (she was so happy in her video/content 3 years ago compared to a year ago pre-pandemic) and now b/c her family spoiled her well into adulthood which tbf who doesn't like to be spoiled and carefree and not worry about stuff but it does such long term damage b/c she literally thought within a year of having Grey she could go back to her life as it was with an added responsibility and she realised she can't b/c she doesn't know how to. I thought it poignant that there was no Grey or Rich in this vlog; its clear she wants to get back to doing content like she used to Pre-Grey but its going to require alot more effort on her part. There's a reason why so many mums wake up hours earlier than everyone else and go to bed later and she has it good in that she wfh and for herself and can set her own hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I feel a bit sorry for her - she genuinely seems so unhappy, quite a lot of the time. Not saying it isn’t her own doing. I just don’t think she sees a way out of her unhappiness atm :( and seeing her with Hannah was a breath of fresh air, and probably a reminder of when she did enjoy her life :(

Reactions: 18
So I just watched her vlog and can’t help but question.
1. Why do they both have to put Grey to bed? Why can’t one put Grey to bed and the other make dinner?
2. like an above poster said, why is it so important Grey sleeps by 7? It’s almost like she doesn’t want to eat dinner with her child. We all know how easily annoyed Lily gets by Grey..
3. Why didn’t she mix the pasta and sauce together in the pot? Is this another thing she wasn’t taught?
4. why couldn’t she wait until Rich finished his spin to eat dinner together? Why did she make his plate up if he wasn’t down until way after she was done with her dinner!! She wanted to get dinner out the way so she can laze around the sofa all night watching TV??

also of course your Makeup is going to disappear if you aggressively rub your face all day.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Listening to Lily drone on about Grey’s evening/dinner schedule is laughable. The girl is 2 and they haven’t figured out how to eat as a family yet?!? Give her a freaking snack around 4:30/5, start cooking around 5:45/6, then eat together. She goes for her bath at 7/7:15 (or the one not cooking goes and bathes her in the meantime), in bed by 8. DONE.

She also makes a ton of pasta then feels like she has to eat all of it so it doesn’t go to waste. Ever heard of Tupperware?!?!

ETA: it might not be mold. It might be the dairy stamp on the rind 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 32
Listening to Lily drone on about Grey’s evening/dinner schedule is laughable. The girl is 2 and they haven’t figured out how to eat as a family yet?!? Give her a freaking snack around 4:30/5, start cooking around 5:45/6, then eat together. She goes for her bath at 7/7:15 (or the one not cooking goes and bathes her in the meantime), in bed by 8. DONE.

She also makes a ton of pasta then feels like she has to eat all of it so it doesn’t go to waste. Ever heard of Tupperware?!?!

ETA: it might not be mold. It might be the dairy stamp on the rind 🤷🏻‍♀️
Surely logic tells her that the earlier you go to bed the earlier you wake up. And Lily told us she isn’t an early riser. Why put her to bed so early when Lily hates waking up early? Maybe put Grey to bed at 8pm and she can wake up at 8am instead of 6am.

Reactions: 19
Surely logic tells her that the earlier you go to bed the earlier you wake up. And Lily told us she isn’t an early riser. Why put her to bed so early when Lily hates waking up early? Maybe put Grey to bed at 8pm and she can wake up at 8am instead of 6am.
That’s often not quite how it works with babies. Some it does but some still wake up at 6 when put to bed later. Then they’re just crankier throughout the day because they’re tired.

However I do agree they need to be less strict with the bedtime and they could for sure eat as a family.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
That’s often not quite how it works with babies. Some it does but some still wake up at 6 when put to bed later. Then they’re just crankier throughout the day because they’re tired.

However I do agree they need to be less strict with the bedtime and they could for sure eat as a family.
I agreed there is a body clock issue but they haven’t figured out their routine. How sad is that everyone is wfh and they can’t even have a family dinner. It seems to me that mum wants to watch TV ASAP and the only way is for Grey to go to bed early

Reactions: 14
To be honest if it is so stressful to be a mum - she is allowed- why cant she leave her baby with family / nursery more often?
Trying to be nice here, there could be millions of reasons why she misses her old life / she is always so grumpy about absolutely everything but there are so many obvious actions she could take to make her life easier. It is surprising her family/ friends are not helping her about all of this with some tough love. Maybe Hannah will help or us in here like we did about the braids :)

Reactions: 16
So I just watched her vlog and can’t help but question.
1. Why do they both have to put Grey to bed? Why can’t one put Grey to bed and the other make dinner?
2. like an above poster said, why is it so important Grey sleeps by 7? It’s almost like she doesn’t want to eat dinner with her child. We all know how easily annoyed Lily gets by Grey..
3. Why didn’t she mix the pasta and sauce together in the pot? Is this another thing she wasn’t taught?
4. why couldn’t she wait until Rich finished his spin to eat dinner together? Why did she make his plate up if he wasn’t down until way after she was done with her dinner!! She wanted to get dinner out the way so she can laze around the sofa all night watching TV??
ALL OF THIS.

I kept picturing Rich eating his sad, cold, sticky spaghetti by himself.

Also her nails are disgusting as usual...

• Sick
Reactions: 16
To be honest if it is so stressful to be a mum - she is allowed- why cant she leave her baby with family / nursery more often?
Trying to be nice here, there could be millions of reasons why she misses her old life / she is always so grumpy about absolutely everything but there are so many obvious actions she could take to make her life easier. It is surprising her family/ friends are not helping her about all of this with some tough love. Maybe Hannah will help or us in here like we did about the braids :)
I think she doesn’t like the idea of paying for nursery. It is very expensive going to nursery, but if it means I don’t need to give up my career and I am better off working, I would do it. This is just me, some people do like the entire package of being a mum; some people still want a career- is all about figuring what you want. You can’t have cake and eat it too.

Growing up I didn’t had the change to eat dinner with my parents on weekdays because they had to work, so yes I see it as a massive privilege to eat dinner together.

Reactions: 7
I eat with my three year old between 5 and 5.30pm. He is hungry at that time and also goes to bed at 7pm. I plate up my husband's dinner at the same time and leave it out for him (not usually back from work till 9/10pm - NHS worker out of the house). He microwaves it it he gets back and eats by himself. It's not rocket science. It's amazing how quickly I got used to eating at 5pm! If they did that and got it all done before bath/bed they'd have the whole evening with everything all sorted.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry, that span bol sounded and looked awful - like student food. Bleugh.

She seemed strange on the vlog - I thought she was going to do a bit more with Hannah around what she'd been up to in Australia but it actually 'hi - she's back' and that was it. She looked and sounded exhausted.

On another subject - I can't believe she had the audacity to repost that Mutha Pukka quote around earnings. She LITERALLY fell into what she does at the right time. She is in an industry where she can command 5 figures sums to just post an unoriginal, shoddily written, poorly executed advert. Even today she was complaining that she didn't like writing advert copy (for the podcast) - surely by now that kind of stuff should be run of the mill for her? I also realised that that is what they mean by 'planning/prepping for the podcast over the next 4 weeks' - they literally pour their 'energy' into the sponsorship element of it and then half arse their way through the actual podcast. Pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.