Lily Pebbles #20 Nobody’s told her her content is REEL-Y bad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You think Lily is younger than she really is, she's about to enter her mid thirties in November.
Not quite she'll be 34 in December. Same as me. Don't try and age us (I mean me) prematurely! 😝

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I'll critique a lot about Lily, but I really don't see why she is insecure in her body. I think she has a great figure, the only issue is the baggy clothes on top and bottom that just drown her. She's proportional, and tall and broad so carries an increase in weight well and looks slim still. Would never have guessed she was a 14, tbh id have still pegged her at a 10.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I just hope that women bigger than Lily don’t watch her content and think to themselves, “if she speaks so disparagingly about her body at a size 10/12 then I have to despise my body at a size 18+”. I don’t want to say she’s fatphobic, but she’s fatphobic.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
I could only last 5 minutes of the session with Emma the stylist and then fast forwarded it a bit - so cringey and Lily clearly not on board with any of it, as Emma then put things in her stories about blazers and midi skirts and what she’d said to Lily!

I know it’s been said before, but Lily has (once again) missed an amazing content opportunity in finding your style after having a baby. It’s something I have certainly struggled with, and there’s not a lot of influencers in that space. But it would require a fair bit of self reflection on her part, so I guess it won’t happen.

I could only last 5 minutes of the session with Emma the stylist and then fast forwarded it a bit - so cringey and Lily clearly not on board with any of it, as Emma then put things in her stories about blazers and midi skirts and what she’d said to Lily!

I know it’s been said before, but Lily has (once again) missed an amazing content opportunity in finding your style after having a baby. It’s something I have certainly struggled with, and there’s not a lot of influencers in that space. But it would require a fair bit of self reflection on her part, so I guess it won’t happen.
I think she doesn't want to put too much effort in losing weight and spending any money on fashionable clothes since she really wants another baby and figures why bother which I understand to an extent. What Lily has to realise is she had it good before. She was naturally slim without putting much effort. If she has another baby she has to come to terms with the fact she will have to change her lifestyle notably what she eats significantly in order to lose weight and its not always a good avenue to go down. I know women who have had to change their eating habits and how much just to lose weight and honestly b/c of the restrictions are still unhappy so some have come to terms this is their new body now and have embraced it and others well I know its a struggle.

Reactions: 11
Most likes on the thread title was suggested by @BananaPenguin

Re-cap from last thread
• She still moans.
• She did a live with EmmaRoseStyle (link here) about pregnancy style. It wasn’t very popular (400-500 viewers). Nobody told her people have actual jobs to do in the afternoon.
• She made a comment in the live about not wearing midi-skirts as they make her ‘look Jewish’.
• She’s made her Peleton profile private.
• Her Reel obsession is still in full flow. Somebody needs to tell her they’re cringe.

Sorry if I’ve forgotten anything!
At what time stamp does she say midi skirts make her look Jewish? What an incredible thing to say 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Really liking the reflections on body image here- you guys are a wise bunch! I know that model thin is the ideal, but luckily I am starting to realise that health comes in many shapes and sizes. I don’t know how many years I have spent trying to get into clothes that don’t fit me- it makes you feel and look so miserable. While I love all the «nobody told her» jokes I do feel sorry for her for being so unhappy in her own skin. She doesn’t like her hair, her teeth, her body, her skin, her cultural and religious background. Is there anything left lol? I think if she actually liked herself it would maybe also be easier for her to find her «thing» in the blogosphere?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Probably doesn't help that she sees photos of Keisha her best friend, have a baby way after her and looks more like her previous body shape. I mean yes, genetics plays a part and every body is different, but what I like about Keisha is that the moment she could, she was back working out and getting healthy and strong again. And it's true what they say.. if your body was strong and healthy beforehand, it will recover faster. What annoys me about lily, is that she feels like she's in this limbo stage of why should I bother when I'm going to gain weight again (because baby 2 is guaranteed) so what's the point. Does she not realise that muscle strength and cardiovascular health is so important?!

Reactions: 19
Why the duck is she putting up an affiliate ad link for the Glossiee makeup bag that was launched yesterday when she doesnt even have the bag herself?!?! Shes bleeping vile and shady

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I just hope that women bigger than Lily don’t watch her content and think to themselves, “if she speaks so disparagingly about her body at a size 10/12 then I have to despise my body at a size 18+”. I don’t want to say she’s fatphobic, but she’s fatphobic.
Yes, thank you for saying this. It;s all very well saying 'well she's only a size 12, that's not that big' etc, as if there's a size that we would say justifies her hating her body.

The issue here isn't the size she was, or is now. It's that she is clearly unhappy.

She tries to exercise and fails at that (not saying anyone should feel they have to exercise to sort their body image, but she's got spare time, is able bodied, and has access to a freaking Peloton, there's nothing stopping her). She keeps buying clothes that don't look good on anyone let alone someone who is insecure about parts of their body. And then she does it all again the next week as her income and 'career' is dependent on buying new clothes, rather than taking a breath and just thinking about it for a second.

She could style her old wardrobe differently based on new trends, and her 'new' body. Accessories exist for a reason. A top that maybe doesn't make her feel comfortable any more could work with layer ing, she's got enough basics to last a life time. For someone so creative she's crap at coming up with new ideas.

• Heart
She isn’t a 10/12 is she? Looks more a 14 to me. Not that that’s big! of course it isn’t.

Reactions: 3
Im not feeling particularly confident in my body at the moment, and the biggest "game changer" to use influencer lingo, has been ditching skinny jeans. I hold weight in my legs and moving from skinny jeans to a culottes, cigarette pants, paper bag trousers, wide leg high waist jeans, wrap dresses and midi skirts has made me feel a million times better. Its a shame because jeans and a nice top is such a staple outfit, but if it doesn't make me feel good what's the point? I thought that's dress she wore in that wardrobe reel was stunning and really flattering, would love to see her in more pieces like that

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ha! If she shuts up about the whole mum thing no one will know she is a mum. I.e. Her figure is still great.

She is still smaller than Anna even after post-Grey. If she is not happy with her body, do something, do some exercise...Many people who exercise regularly don't find it fun, they just make it a routine...but of course Lily turns everything into a big deal/ routine, she needs to put hair mask, put on a shower cap, wash her hair afterwards. Sometimes is best not to overthink.

Plus, she is a slave for trends...so she ended up picking clothes that are ugly for her.

Reactions: 12
Last thread there was a comment about lily doing an affordable non-alcoholic gin, right?

What was the gin she recommended?

Because I bought a non-alcoholic gin yesterday and it’s 👌. I’m not in the UK so can’t be fully influenced by Lily (aka swipe ups), but I actually like the idea of non alcoholic gin. Alcohol had been seriously affecting my sleep, and I wanted to see if the alcohol was the issue (it is), so I tried a non alcoholic gin. It was seedlip 94 and really quite good.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Last thread there was a comment about lily doing an affordable non-alcoholic gin, right?

What was the gin she recommended?

Because I bought a non-alcoholic gin yesterday and it’s 👌. I’m not in the UK so can’t be fully influenced by Lily (aka swipe ups), but I actually like the idea of non alcoholic gin. Alcohol had been seriously affecting my sleep, and I wanted to see if the alcohol was the issue (it is), so I tried a non alcoholic gin. It was seedlip 94 and really quite good.
I really like Seedlip!

I think the one she was shilling was Gordon's.

Reactions: 3
She isn’t a 10/12 is she? Looks more a 14 to me. Not that that’s big! of course it isn’t.
For sure she's not 10 or 12 at the moment. She's also taller, so size 12 on her frame would look like what size 8 would be on someone 5'2''. For Lily size 14 is totally fine

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.