Lily Pebbles #18 Thinking about baby number 2, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those static flyaways have nothing to do with giving birth Lily, they've either grown or broken off in the last 2 months judging by the length.

I'm no expert on postpartum hair loss (londoner but not a mother) but my understanding was that when you're pregnant, your hair grows a lot more dense, and you then shed it rapidly after? I didn't think it affected the length?
The hair you shed does partly grow back so then you get some short bits where the hair is essentially starting again from your scalp, if that makes sense, but I had a baby a week after Lily and my shorter hairs grew out ages ago!

Reactions: 9
Hmm my regrowth is still horrendous 18 months postpartum. But I just let it be - I wash my hair regularly, don't use much heat (a half hearted blow dry is all I can be bothered to do!) I think Lily is just a) enjoying having something to moan about and b) has damaged her hair so much anyway, it's not helped.

Reactions: 15
For reasons I don’t want to get into, I had a lot of stress related hair loss last year. I’m talking gaps gone. It’s all growing out now, it’s been coming back for a while now, and even though you can still see the shorter bunches of hair, it’s been growing steadily and healthy. I have been very line to it, massaging my scalp every time I wash my hair, I don’t use heat on it... She must know why her hair is in that state. She must see how much her hair falls, how dry it is. She has said before she uses her heat tools daily, she must know that by now it’s not baby hair, but a fried mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
GHD and other tools can make flyaways crazy static. I solved this problem by avoiding using mine on the top part of my hair.
I think her problem is also that the style of layered haircut she gets is not ideal for her hair type.
I have a lot of hair, not naturally straight either and my hairdresser makes it work with the slightest layering. I don't need a straightener to make it look good, which is super practical.

Reactions: 10
I know this is probably me but I cant be doing with the words 'post partum'. it is so Americanised. We never used to use the word when describing anything pregnancy related but that might be because I am so old.

Reactions: 17
She works from home and she hardly need to show her poker face to her 450k followers everyday, why is there a need to fry her hair.

No one told her that she can use Hinch's Gretel filter, there you go Lily, use a Gretel filer, it suits you!!!

Reactions: 8
Hmm. More like her hair is growing but then snapping off!

Mine did take 2 years to grow back after PP hair loss but it never looked like that!

Reactions: 9
I know this is probably me but I cant be doing with the words 'post partum'. it is so Americanised. We never used to use the word when describing anything pregnancy related but that might be because I am so old.
Me too!!!! I thought I was the weird one for thinking ‘when did we start saying this!!!’

Reactions: 7
yes this isn’t anything to do with post partum. Wonder when she’ll realise that constantly using heat on her hair is the reason it’s not going to grow

She could have used lockdown to bite the bullet, stop styling her hair every day, put her hair in a conditioning mask and a bun as much as possible, and 8 weeks later her hair would have been noticeably healthier. She could have monetised it too, used it as a chance for swipe ups for various products (you know, like an influencer does??). A short YouTube series on getting her hair healthy again.

But that would require accepting that her current technique is killing her hair, and also doing some work at the end of it

But that would mean that she couldn't flog those hair straighteners she was using a few months ago and we all know that is more important to Lily than improving the condition of her hair :rolleyes: .

Reactions: 7
I honestly think she is buying followers on Insta. It's not like she's doing anything of note on the days she gets 100 plus new followers and it always follows the days where she loses significant numbers of followers.

Reactions: 8
What I don't get, these influencers apparently buy the followers so that they can show brands how many they have, but everyone on here has easy access to websites that show dodgy numbers and suggest the followers are bought or show low engagement etc. Do the brands just take their word for it? Do they not have a look at this themselves before they fork out 15k for an insta post?

Reactions: 10
I think she should stop heat all together in lockdown and try and embrace her curls (remember she said she wanted to, to show Grey).

Reactions: 14
Her hair is really really really really bad. Why does she feel a need to straighten it every day?

She would see much less damage if she didn't leave her hair to air dry, used a blowdryer on a low heat to dry it straight. Instead she has to fully straighten her entire head from curly. She's so stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I can't stand her moaning anymore. I was gonna send her a message on her hair story but I doubt she would've seen it. She complains about everything and anything ALL day long. Must be so exhausting to be around her all day. Poor Rich and Grey!
I am back from a long day teaching and about to start correcting for the next hour or two then spend some time making an exam paper. I always come on here before I start work again to catch up and just seeing how much money people like her make from one half-arsed ad makes me so so angry. How many people actually benefit from these ads anyway and buy the actually products advertised? I know I wouldn't buy something just because an influencer like ignorant Lily recommends it lol. It's quite sickening how fucked up the world is really. 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Dear Lily, the reason you feel compelled to straighten your hair is due to white supremacy and the standard of beauty it demands (straight hair over curly hair in this case). Maybe if you had done some BLM reading for real, you know this. If curly hair was truly embraced as beautiful, everyone would know how to take care of it just like “regular” hair and you wouldn’t be at a loss for how to do so. Lily is not Black like the ladies in this article but we all pick up and internalize the same messages of what beautiful is.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Her hair is really really really really bad. Why does she feel a need to straighten it every day?

She would see much less damage if she didn't leave her hair to air dry, used a blowdryer on a low heat to dry it straight. Instead she has to fully straighten her entire head from curly. She's so stupid.
Agreed. This is what I do. To be fair my hair is fine and loosely wavy in its natural state. However, it became incredibly frizzy and unmanageable after over a decade of straightening it twice a week to make it poker straight all the time 😓 I ditched the heat and got regular trims. Haven’t touched my straighteners in over 2 years, I just blow dry it on low and thankfully it’s restored my hair!

Reactions: 3
Dear Lily, the reason you feel compelled to straighten your hair is due to white supremacy and the standard of beauty it demands (straight hair over curly hair in this case). Maybe if you had done some BLM reading for real, you know this. If curly hair was truly embraced as beautiful, everyone would know how to take care of it just like “regular” hair and you wouldn’t be at a loss for how to do so. Lily is not Black like the ladies in this article but we all pick up and internalize the same messages of what beautiful is.
I agree - straight hair for me, although it is a preference for me personally, is something I feel made me look 'socially acceptable'. My natural hair texture is wavy/curly (think Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and The City) and I have blow dried and straightened my hair since I was 12 because I was ashamed of it! I will happily go out now with it wavy/curly and I think it's good to give your hair a break from heat. Lily could do the same - her balayage and heat combined on top of breakage are making her hair a misery I bet.

eta: found a pic of what my 'curls' look like after years of heat styling - would love to get them back to their true curly state.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
I can't stand her moaning anymore. I was gonna send her a message on her hair story but I doubt she would've seen it. She complains about everything and anything ALL day long. Must be so exhausting to be around her all day. Poor Rich and Grey!
I am back from a long day teaching and about to start correcting for the next hour or two then spend some time making an exam paper. I always come on here before I start work again to catch up and just seeing how much money people like her make from one half-arsed ad makes me so so angry. How many people actually benefit from these ads anyway and buy the actually products advertised? I know I wouldn't buy something just because an influencer like ignorant Lily recommends it lol. It's quite sickening how fucked up the world is really. 😞
I feel your pain 😩 it aggravates me that she can earn almost half of my annual salary with one grid post, while I work 70+ hours every week in a vital role. I wouldn’t mind so much if she was actually grateful for her life!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.