Lily Pebbles #18 Thinking about baby number 2, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean Lily is pissed off 95% of the time, the only time she is not is when she open her PR box.

View attachment 425157
Can we take a moment to appreciate our own 'smartness' as opposed to Lily's? LOL they put their dirty boots directly on the trunk. All the gear no idea.
Jesus Christ my parents have been putting a blanket in the boot of their car for years before I was even born but Lily is only just looking for something that saves her boot from getting mucky :rolleyes: . I have a car of my own and I've been doing it for years!

Reactions: 15
Just wanted to say that Lily commented on Liv Purvis’ picture (she gave birth to a baby) and Lily spoke about ‘enjoying the bubble’. If someone told Lily that she was in a bubble when she gave birth, she would have made a huge song and dance about it.
Again with the 'omg' to sound like a teenager. Also that "enjoy the newborn bubble" comment translates to me as I have already experienced this and you are not the only one who has had a baby. Others give more straightforward congratulations that don't make it about them. Maybe I'm just being too harsh because I really don't like her. 😁

Reactions: 27
There a lot of mums here, what does new born bubble even mean? Very curious

Reactions: 4
Good question. To me I take it as the blur of how the days pass when your baby is a newborn as you adjust to life as 3 BUT it is only really something you can pinpoint with hindsight so it's not at all a helpful comment for new parents.

Reactions: 10
It's that time right after birth where you have nothing to do but take care of yourself and get to know baby. Sometimes it's great but sometimes it's hard. I was recovering from a C-section so I remember being annoyed when people told me to enjoy it 😂. I think it's more of a hindsight feeling.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just those first few days or weeks of getting to know your new baby. Like others have said something you appreciate more in hindsight than in the moment!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Funny, I know what people mean when they refer to the newborn bubble, but sourpuss Lily's comment above sounds more like "enjoy the newborn haze while you can, because it's all shite from then til age two and still not great then".
She's bloody miserable bless her.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I watched the vlog too after all the comments about it which has probably pushed her views right up this week! One thing I noticed, aside everything else people have pointed out, is that when she talks directly to 'her' it's like she's talking to another adult. I know this is probably not true of everyone, but I feel most of us change our voice when talking to children, especially babies/toddlers. Your intonation changes, you generally sound more lively and interested, particularly with your own children. Lily sounded flat, uninterested and bored talking to her child.
I hate when people use baby voices for children, also with dogs. 😂.
I would be like Lily if I had a child and that's probably the only similar thing. I speak to children with my regular voice.

Reactions: 11
She sounds so patronising, like others have said 'I've already been through this.....' She probably wanted to say something different, and she can't help herself in sounded like she's better than others.

Reactions: 9
Absolutely agree about the newborn bubble being a hindsight thing.

You do feel that it just you and your baby and nothing else is important.* My husband is an amazing dad and partner but he was out at work most of the week so it was just us a lot of the time.

I was lucky to have a brilliant maternity leave but I feel much closer to my daughter now because we have an interactive relationship. I love seeing her grow and develop interests and preferences.

I can't imagine being annoyed with her or by her especially not for wanting to play outside or falling asleep!

*I'd caveat this with if you are in the fortunate position of having no health/relationship/financial etc worries at the time.

Others will be better placed to comment but I suspect you don't get this so much with subsequent children as you already have a LO to care for.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Who are these nuts?

Gleam has definitely spoken to her - her replies are much more perky (more exclamation marks, at least).
Hahahaha this has made my day. Honestly who the duck are these people? My boyfriend would think I was delusional if I called a random influencer my internet friend!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don’t follow her or watch her videos anymore, as I don’t want to contribute anything to her revenue, but it surprises me how many people still watch her. I know a lot of it’s hate watching these days, but for the others who follow her because they like her content...why?! There are some amazing London influencers creating much better content, seem to enjoy their job and don’t complain about it.
I'm still "hate watching" (it makes me feel like an idiot saying it..) because I've unsubscribed to so many people that I just don't know what to watch on youtube anymore. It feels like yet again something that I don't do anymore because of the pandemic. (I am so judging myself for admitting to this) I feel like before the pandemic there was a wide enough range so that I could always find something interesting to watch but now I'm just bored and/or ashamed at most of the people I used to follow on SM.

Reactions: 9
As a mum I can't stand it when people say things like 'enjoy the newborn bubble' or 'welcome to the mummy club' (ESPECIALLY HATE THIS ONE) and anything else that is generic and unimaginative.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm still "hate watching" (it makes me feel like an idiot saying it..) because I've unsubscribed to so many people that I just don't know what to watch on youtube anymore. It feels like yet again something that I don't do anymore because of the pandemic. (I am so judging myself for admitting to this) I feel like before the pandemic there was a wide enough range so that I could always find something interesting to watch but now I'm just bored and/or ashamed at most of the people I used to follow on SM.
I feel the same way, need new recommendations of actual creative and talented influencers to watch while I’m making dinner/tidying up etc

Reactions: 11
I feel the same way, need new recommendations of actual creative and talented influencers to watch while I’m making dinner/tidying up etc
The Welsh Twins. They have their own channels (Robert Welsh, James Welsh) plus a joint channel. Their joint channel is SO funny, they put so much thought into it. Their separate channels are really informative for skincare and make up if you’re into that. Hands down my favourite content creators.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.