Lily Pebbles #18 Thinking about baby number 2, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon the reason she was driving to that park was that she was meeting her family. She’s shown them meeting up in parks before (Pre current lockdown). Could be wrong, she was just making a song and dance about how they needed to get a move on or they’d be late, which I thought was odd since it was just going for a walk? Same with Grey’s lunch - if it’s such a big deal and she eats at 11.30, just go out after?

• Wow
Reactions: 33
What is with the narrative of stressful Mum life Lily is portraying? She is one of the lucky ones - I can't imagine what she would do if she didn't have Rich, a car or family close by.

It doesn't come across as relatable at all like she thinks it does - she comes off entitled and moody. I guess she can't win because when she appears happy and showing off her veneers smiling, it's jarring to see as she has created this moody 'nobody told me' identity.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
What I don't quite understand is that she has often mentioned that she's "not actually that negative" and that she's "really happy most of the time" THEN WHY NOT SHOW IT? Why perpetuate that image of a moody, spoiled brat when you're "so happy" in reality? She takes pictures of the most mundane tit anyways, would it kill her to capture herself in a moment of happiness??? It would change her entire online persona if she uploaded happy moments and not just the moany bits. It makes her seem disingenuous when she posts a photo of her smiling because it doesn't fit the persona she created. It could change her whole brand if it was at least 50/50....

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She wouldn't know realistic if it bit her in the arse. I find it increasingly hard to relate to her when she has spent her entire life spoiled and catered to in her rich-people-bubble. I don't know if she thinks "normal people" are moody 24/7 and that`s why she complains incessantly, to "relate" to us but she wouldn't last a day working a 9-5 or a shift as a nurse...

Reactions: 26
Why doesnt she simply work at the vanity desk in HER pink bedroom so rich can work in the office? I mean she only need to move a mirror? Or is it really hard to order a top and two Alex drawer from Ikea so both of you can leave your stuff at the desk and you dont have to move stuff?

Reactions: 21
Why doesnt she simply work at the vanity desk in HER pink bedroom so rich can work in the office? I mean she only need to move a mirror? Or is it really hard to order a top and two Alex drawer from Ikea so both of you can leave your stuff at the desk and you dont have to move stuff?
That's a way too creative solution

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Using her vanity would mean compromise, which is something lily doesn’t seem to do. There are many couples both working from home having to compromise like taking it in turns to use a desk or buying a second smaller desk. Problem is lily dominates every space. She has the vanity in the bedroom, the desk in the spare room is hers, and then she shoots content downstairs so Rich probably isn’t allowed there either. She hates sheds so they can’t have a garden room where maybe rich could work if it was insulated Etc. She’s the most openly selfish person!

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I recently heard someone say "people will keep the style from the phase in their life they felt most comfortable in", for example women who were teenagers in the 80s and still rock the poofy hair. I think Lily is doing something similar, but you can see it more in the way she behaves than how she styles herself.
To me it's obvious she wishes she could still live like the she did when she was a teenager, hence the neverending stories about her youth, on the podcast, in videos, etc. She seems to have had a carefree youth, spoiled as the youngest child, no committments and obligations. I feel like her family expected her to get married, buy a house, have kids and she did just that because her two sisters have done the same thing. I don't doubt she also wanted these things, but had a very unrealistic idea of how they would go.

She likes the IDEA of being married, but can't deal with someone being in close quarters to her 24/7.
She still fries the everliving daylights out of her hair because that's the way she did it in her teenage years and can't emotionally let go and adopt healthier habits.
She likes the IDEA of being a mother, but didn't expect all of the negatives that come with it and freaks out if Grey doesn't behave the way she wants. The incessant stories about her making a mess and toys being everywhere and even building huge shelves to erase every trace of a kid living there.
To be honest I'd be miserable too if the way of living that I've been taught is the best, the one and only doesn't actually turn out to be "the one". I think she slowly started to realize that when her daughter was born and it wasn't all daisies and sunshine and wishes herself back to when she wasn't feeling so miserable, like in her teenage years.

I know she can be insufferably moany but sometimes I understand why she acts the way she does, even if I absolutely don't feel sorry for her. I don't throw this around lightly as I have dealt with it myself, but I think talking to someone (therapist, councellor) could help her realize why she feels miserable and that it's not normal to be moody 24/7.

Tl;dr: I think Lily's incessant rambling about how great her youth was is a coping mechanism because the life she leads isn't what it was hyped up to be. I have seen it within my own family and it can not only make yourself miserable, but (take it from me) can duck up your kids aswell and make them feel unwanted...
You’ve hit the nail on the head here!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Using her vanity would mean compromise, which is something lily doesn’t seem to do. There are many couples both working from home having to compromise like taking it in turns to use a desk or buying a second smaller desk. Problem is lily dominates every space. She has the vanity in the bedroom, the desk in the spare room is hers, and then she shoots content downstairs so Rich probably isn’t allowed there either. She hates sheds so they can’t have a garden room where maybe rich could work if it was insulated Etc. She’s the most openly selfish person!
Just wait for her to say that because she was the youngest with quite a gap between her and her sisters, she never had to share so it's difficult for her as an adult.......

Reactions: 20
PSA Lily: your "positive vibes"-shite doesn't mean anything if 99% of your residual content is you complaining about everything. Just makes you look like a disingenuous twit. 🙃

Reactions: 25
I sort of understand the hair washing being an event thing, I follow the cgm but still, from going on the shower to my hair being completely dry and ready to leave the house it takes about 2 hours and that's assuming i don't have to look after daughter at all in that time, it I do it takes much longer! It's worse in winter though as I don't have the option of air drying and going about my day as that would take 8+ hours to dry.

What I don't do it witch and moan though, it only needs washed twice per week so I just find the least inconvenient times and get on with it!
I consider washing my hair a chore too (also partly cgm, not super strict about it). I have a lot of hair, it takes forever to dry and managing my curls is also an entire routine. So I do get that. But I always look forward to washing it, I love the feeling of clean hair.

I think it's partly the detachment from Grey, the lack of connection, which is discussed here quite a bit, I suppose, but it is also assuming that everyone knows she has a daughter who is called Grey. If someone has been hiding under the proverbial rock and never watched Lily's video before, or if lifestyle/beauty category is not something they've watched before, and come across Lily's vlogs at random, it's not super obvious, is it?
That’s true as well, I guess. Especially with the name “grey”! A new viewer would think, why does she talk about a colour is if it’s a living being?!

She wouldn't know realistic if it bit her in the arse. I find it increasingly hard to relate to her when she has spent her entire life spoiled and catered to in her rich-people-bubble. I don't know if she thinks "normal people" are moody 24/7 and that`s why she complains incessantly, to "relate" to us but she wouldn't last a day working a 9-5 or a shift as a nurse...
She seems to think we all feel like complaining, but we don’t give in to it as much and she’s keeping it real. I am genuinely not much of a complainer though. I’m certainly no over-enthusiastic all positive person. But I can laugh about most situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I don't watch her videos anymore but had to watch this last one because of the comments here and she seems SOOOOOOOOO pissed off in the beginning. Like girl, we get it, you probably had an argument with Rich but you don't then need to pick up a camera and put on a happy persona! What she should have done is filmed the clips without her talking and either do a bit of a voice over later or put some music over it. Personally, I hate in vlogs when people tell us what they are going to do and then go and do it, just smoosh it into one and let us see for ourselves. It would have been much better for her to do that than tell us about running around like a headless chicken just to a park. Hone
Also I agree, she seemed so pissed off Grey fell asleep in the car, like the kid fell asleep to spite Lily.
Laughing my head off that she was like "you probably couldn't tell" girl, it was written all over your face that you were pissed off.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don't watch her videos anymore but had to watch this last one because of the comments here and she seems SOOOOOOOOO pissed off in the beginning. Like girl, we get it, you probably had an argument with Rich but you don't then need to pick up a camera and put on a happy persona! What she should have done is filmed the clips without her talking and either do a bit of a voice over later or put some music over it. Personally, I hate in vlogs when people tell us what they are going to do and then go and do it, just smoosh it into one and let us see for ourselves. It would have been much better for her to do that than tell us about running around like a headless chicken just to a park. Hone
Also I agree, she seemed so pissed off Grey fell asleep in the car, like the kid fell asleep to spite Lily.
Laughing my head off that she was like "you probably couldn't tell" girl, it was written all over your face that you were pissed off.
I mean Lily is pissed off 95% of the time, the only time she is not is when she open her PR box.

1612788340049.png

Can we take a moment to appreciate our own 'smartness' as opposed to Lily's? LOL they put their dirty boots directly on the trunk. All the gear no idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I watched the vlog too after all the comments about it which has probably pushed her views right up this week! One thing I noticed, aside everything else people have pointed out, is that when she talks directly to 'her' it's like she's talking to another adult. I know this is probably not true of everyone, but I feel most of us change our voice when talking to children, especially babies/toddlers. Your intonation changes, you generally sound more lively and interested, particularly with your own children. Lily sounded flat, uninterested and bored talking to her child.

Reactions: 10
I mean Lily is pissed off 95% of the time, the only time she is not is when she open her PR box.

View attachment 425157
Can we take a moment to appreciate our own 'smartness' as opposed to Lily's? LOL they put their dirty boots directly on the trunk. All the gear no idea.
I just have no idea why they always take the buggy, it's so much work! Just let Grey walk and take a backpack or sling along for if/when she gets tired if they don't want to just carry her.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.