Lily Pebbles #18 Thinking about baby number 2, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen so many IG people supporting Zoe on this, commenting and going to town on the media, rightfully so. Only Lily makes it about herself, as if she’s part of it. Even this, even something like this, she needs to claim she’s part of.

• Angry
Reactions: 32
So Lily “no one tells you” Pebbles is proud to be “team internet” today because Zoe Sugg has said something to normalise female sexuality (which I strongly agree with). Why is Lily proud here? She’s the last person to talk about anything to do with sex, or “huhu, hmm, other things *gigglegiggle*” freely, as her and her frigid pal from the Nanna Edit have proven time and time again. Sorry Lily, but you can’t take credit for Zoe speaking up when as per your last podcast episode you don’t even think your daughter should see you putting a tampon in, and seem to be quite scared of sex education in general. View attachment 410919
I HATE the term 'team internet' 🤢🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Anna also feels very grateful to Lily for all the opportunities she has allowed her to have. I have been diving into Lily's old vlogs and there have been so many beauty chats videos from 2015 or even earlier where Anna mentioned how she owes it to Lily, because she encouraged Anna to start vlogging, she taught her about working with brands blah blah blah. It was so funny to listen knowing what I know now, how Anna's views and follower counts are higher than Lily's and she's getting more brand deals. Lily really is an empty shell of what she used to be. All of the OG youtubers I used to watch are.
What alot of the OG influencers don't understand is they are a privileged phenomenon. They got in at the right time, the right age demographic (YT users were mostly young adults in those days) and b/c it was a new medium and lack of competition at the time, they were able to cultivate their brand without fear of money/homelessness b/c they were fortunate to have a partner/parents to help them. They were selling an escapist curated version of their lives and brands seeing there was a new avenue outside of TV/Radio/Film flocked to this cheaper medium. Trips were freely given to further perpetuate the myth of their ideal lives. Looking back, many vlogs had the vibe of indie films/music videos without models/stunning actresses in the starring role. However we're now ten years later where these OG influencers are older with children/mortgage/husband and haven't realised what worked previously isn't going to fly anymore. The pandemic is raging on and they can't present an escapist/idealic life without breaking the rules or coming across as wildly out of touch which is what they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
So Lily “no one tells you” Pebbles is proud to be “team internet” today because Zoe Sugg has said something to normalise female sexuality (which I strongly agree with). Why is Lily proud here? She’s the last person to talk about anything to do with sex, or “huhu, hmm, other things *gigglegiggle*” freely, as her and her frigid pal from the Nanna Edit have proven time and time again. Sorry Lily, but you can’t take credit for Zoe speaking up when as per your last podcast episode you don’t even think your daughter should see you putting a tampon in, and seem to be quite scared of sex education in general. View attachment 410919
She's trying to take credit for something that she is not a part of again.

Reactions: 20
as per your last podcast episode you don’t even think your daughter should see you putting a tampon in
Ehmm I don't remember my mum doing it in front of me either. Is that supposed to be a part of sex education?
By the time her daughter would be able to grasp the concept of periods and tampons, she would be grown enough not to go to bathroom with her mother, I'd say.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ehmm I don't remember my mum doing it in front of me either. Is that supposed to be a part of sex education?
By the time her daughter would be able to grasp the concept of periods and tampons, she would be grown enough not to go to bathroom with her mother, I'd say.
I don’t even understand why her daughter is in the toilet with her anyway? I go into the bathroom, do my business and then come back out and my daughter (who is the same age as Grey) is still doing whatever she was doing. Is Grey glued to Lily’s hip? I just don’t understand it

Reactions: 18
I don’t even understand why her daughter is in the toilet with her anyway? I go into the bathroom, do my business and then come back out and my daughter (who is the same age as Grey) is still doing whatever she was doing. Is Grey glued to Lily’s hip? I just don’t understand it
Especially with Rich there.... I am sadly not a parent myself but know a lot of parents who complain they can 'never go to the toilet alone', but with Lily it seems like yet another thing to moan about. Have we ever heard her say anything positive about being a mum?

Reactions: 11
Especially with Rich there.... I am sadly not a parent myself but know a lot of parents who complain they can 'never go to the toilet alone', but with Lily it seems like yet another thing to moan about. Have we ever heard her say anything positive about being a mum?
Unfortunately I strongly suspect she has some sort of post natal depression. Which is actually really devastating but I am surprised no one close to Lily has picked up on it

Reactions: 22
Actually howling that this woman is asking for feedback: "If you're thinking "nah... I wouldn't swipe up on a beauty haul video", what WOULD make you want to watch a beauty video from me?"

Hate to say it but she would have to have a different face lmao (+ a different personality, better skin, etc.)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Actually howling that this woman is asking for feedback: "If you're thinking "nah... I wouldn't swipe up on a beauty haul video", what WOULD make you want to watch a beauty video from me?"

Hate to say it but she would have to have a different face lmao (+ a different personality, better skin, etc.)
Omg the temptation to type that back.... I know its catty but I like seeing beauty from beautiful women? Like why do I need the slightly tired and stressed girl next door with burnt hair showing me what to do? Don't get me wrong I'm no oil painting but I feel at this point I can make myself up better without Lily's tips, she's not aspirational at all in that area 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Lol! 💯 gleam asked her to do this beauty haul or she is trying to tell gleam that she is still a beauty blogger. Lol

Reactions: 19
Lol! 💯 gleam asked her to do this beauty haul or she is trying to tell gleam that she is still a beauty blogger. Lol
She uploaded it at a really weird time. 7am on a Sunday...most people are still snoozing or they’ve woken up to actually do something like go for a run. Sure fire way to have a slow start to your video engagement

Reactions: 11
She uploaded it at a really weird time. 7am on a Sunday...most people are still snoozing or they’ve woken up to actually do something like go for a run. Sure fire way to have a slow start to your video engagement
Lily has started doing this to catch views before Anna uploads her video at 9 am U.K. time. Early bird gets the worm and all that but unfortunately Lily can’t even find the worm.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My Daughter is 3 and whilst she does sit and play on her own, she will sometimes come into the bathroom whilst I'm in there. I'm in a flat so its easier for her to do that as opposed to us living in a house. She has seen me use tampons and is now at the age where she asks me what they are, TBH I don't know how to explain them so just say I'll tell you when you're older 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My Daughter is 3 and whilst she does sit and play on her own, she will sometimes come into the bathroom whilst I'm in there. I'm in a flat so its easier for her to do that as opposed to us living in a house. She has seen me use tampons and is now at the age where she asks me what they are, TBH I don't know how to explain them so just say I'll tell you when you're older 🤷‍♀️
Omg in 10 years time she will be no one told me how to explain period to my daughter.
I hate to do this but I have to blame her mum for not educating her kids regarding tampon disposal, she might be the youngest but that doesn’t mean you have to give up. If you are telling her what period was surely you tell her how to dispose it? My mum did lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She said something like “she’s not supposed to see that”. I just don’t get what the huge deal is? I don’t mean to say that you need to teach your toddler about tampons of course, I just don’t see the problem if a toddler sees their mother using tampons. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Omg in 10 years time she will be no one told me how to explain period to my daughter.
I hate to do this but I have to blame her mum for not educating her kids regarding tampon disposal, she might be the youngest but that doesn’t mean you have to give up. If you are telling her what period was surely you tell her how to dispose it? My mum did lol!
It's almost as if Lily's parents were over the whole parenting thing by the time she came along. It doesn't seem like her two older sisters gave her advice on anything (boys, sex, periods) and it seems like her parents pretty much left her to her own devices (out clubbing in London and off on foreign holidays with her boyfriend when she was just 15).

Reactions: 14
On jumping on the bandwagon re: zoe sugg post - this is typical Lily. Has she every stuck her neck out to talk about 'controversial' subjects like masturbation/sex toys? She would't dare be so open and vulnerable but she happily acts like her content contributes to these conversations/is aimed at empowering women of any age. The podcast would be the perfect platform for this sort of conversation.

On not letting Grey watch her take a tampon out. Each to their own but my approach is very different with my toddler daughter. She's seen me doubled over in pain with stomach cramps, she's seen blood leaking through my trousers, she's seen me insert/remove tampons and if she asks me any questions I do my best to answer them. I don't pull her into the loo and say 'watch mummy pull this tampon out' but I'd rather she's exposed to it at home/from a young age than learns about it from giggling pre-teens later on. My mum wasn't cagey about this kind of stuff but wasn't exactly forthcoming which led to me be very confused by the tidbits of information I picked up at school/in magazines.

Reactions: 29
I would rather tit in my hands and clap than watch a beauty haul from the worlds most bleeping bland has been blogger using the same boring products she always uses.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.