Lily Pebbles #16 Her job's a joke, her instas broke, her channel's DOA.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So that's at least three stints in front of the TV and a glorified ready meal for dinner.

Starting to understand why Lily doesn't want to be a mummy vlogger!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So that's at least three stints in front of the TV and a glorified ready meal for dinner.

Starting to understand why Lily doesn't want to be a mummy vlogger!
I’m not going to judge them for screen time and the foods SHE eats, as the reality of parenting isn’t all Montessori toys and homemade from scratch meals all the time - but Lily’s overall attitude to HER (or at least what she portrays) is very sad. They’re so interactive at that age that art stuff is fun, singing songs and silly dances is fun etc. SHE is also old enough to help with picking up crayons, but I’m not sure Lily would think to make something like that a game because I guess no one told her!

Reactions: 31
Her content today was not anywhere near mummy blogger level. It was just boring. Not a fan of mummy bloggers by any stretch but they usually talk to camera, show their kids doing funny things, are generally overly cheerful and their content isn't cast in some beige filter. I don't get the organised fun either. Grey would probably happily play by herself - I usually sit on the floor with my toddler and she'll bring me books to read her or toys to play with. I am guilty of tv on in the background but I try to limit it and then have the radio on (not kids songs or anything) and dance around with my toddler who finds it hilarious. I am not an arts and crafts mum - and I think it's fine if you aren't- why does she do it if she hates it and it stresses her out?! I think lily would be happier if she just chilled the duck out and wasn't obsessed with trying to plan every second of Grey's day AND didn't feel the need to document it! She takes routine to a whole new level - it's fine to have set times for sleep and food but not for play! Live a little Lily, you might enjoy yourself

• Heart
Reactions: 26
How sad is it that anyone that follows Lily on Instagram knows she gets her weekly Ocado shop on a Tuesday evening. That's how riveting her content is.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m not going to judge them for screen time and the foods SHE eats, as the reality of parenting isn’t all Montessori toys and homemade from scratch meals all the time - but Lily’s overall attitude to HER (or at least what she portrays) is very sad. They’re so interactive at that age that art stuff is fun, singing songs and silly dances is fun etc. SHE is also old enough to help with picking up crayons, but I’m not sure Lily would think to make something like that a game because I guess no one told her!
Yes to this! Best game for my girl- putting washing in the machine or tumble dryer!

Reactions: 6
I don't get this either, wouldn't you want to sit and eat with your kid? That's how they learn to be at a table with other people. Lily just makes me sad, that story where Grey is shouting mama mama mama is so cute but she's just ignoring her. Poor wee thing!
Clearly you aren’t from London. The London species eats later than regular people so the children have to be tucked in bed when bread is broken in the evening.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
One day Grey is going to see all of this content and she’s going to realise her own mother hated the newborn stage, hated the toddler stage, hated doing anything with her, complained all the time about her calling out “mamma”, hated being at home alone without Rich there, just generally hated being a mother. How upsetting
Lily should absolutely not have another child
This is a whole other topic/debate but I loathe that influencers market their children for this exact reason. The odd photo or clip I could understand, but documenting their every waking moment for the internet just gives me shudders. And I don't even want children!

Reactions: 17
This is a whole other topic/debate but I loathe that influencers market their children for this exact reason. The odd photo or clip I could understand, but documenting their every waking moment for the internet just gives me shudders. And I don't even want children!
I don’t even post my own daughter on SM and I only have, like, 5 friends 😂 I just don’t think it’s necessary, also I’m sure half the people who follow me don’t give a tit about someone else’s kid

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Poor Grey 😔 Lily really hasn't been doing herself any favours recently with her insta stories.

I'm not a parent myself and honestly I'm not the most maternal person, but I used to regularly have my niece at weekends before COVID (when she was about the same age as Grey). We would always eat our meals together, eat the same things (or atleast toddler friendly versions of similar foods) have little chats and she loved sitting with me and my husband at the table eating her food. Makes me sad that poor sweet Grey is treated like a pest most of the time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
She’ll be moaning that “Grey” has ruined her posh floor next. Put a bloody mat down and let her crack on!
Also just a hint Lily, if you cook a family meal that you all eat together, it’s less effort instead of relying on convo eve food for your daughter.
PSA: not knocking a classic kiddy tea (we have fish fingers too sometimes!) but cooking one dinner for all of you is by far easier, don’t understand why you wouldn’t 🤷🏻‍♀️
Because Hello Fresh is all measured out for 2 adults, nothing left for Grey...

• Sad
Anything and everything to do with Grey she moans about. Does she not realise this ? It does not make her relatable or cool, just annoying .

Reactions: 10
I don't get this either, wouldn't you want to sit and eat with your kid? That's how they learn to be at a table with other people. Lily just makes me sad, that story where Grey is shouting mama mama mama is so cute but she's just ignoring her. Poor wee thing!
I’m just hoping this was a one-off. How does she expect to teach Grey to eat what’s been cooked for everyone if she keeps giving her special meals? It’s also a great way to model healthy eating...see me eating my veggies, so you can too sort of thing. I don’t know. I don’t have kids, but when I was growing up my mom would rather me go hungry than cook me something different to what she and my dad were eating! She was an actual full-time working mom. She had no time for my primadonna entitled bullshit 😂😂😂

CE17A0F4-F73B-40D7-8CB7-27BF80738096.png

What’s with that emoji?! Jesus how can she not find her daughter singing to herself absolutely adorable?!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
View attachment 373933

What’s with that emoji?! Jesus how can she not find her daughter singing to herself absolutely adorable?!
I still cannot believe Lily is a mum. She hasn’t got an ounce of maternal instinct in her. You just know she’ll be the type to still send her kid to school when they’re puking up with a high temperature.

Reactions: 28
Grey eats so well, Lily should be happy that she likes her food. My son is the fussiest child! It’s lucky he loves his fruit because he would literally not be getting any nutrients in him! Other than fruit his diet consists of bread, crisps, biscuits, potato and fish fingers. It’s so frustrating, I feel like such a bad mother sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.