Lily Pebbles #16 Her job's a joke, her instas broke, her channel's DOA.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This pose needs to die.

She thinks that twisting and putting her hand on her waist will make her look thinner but all it does is make her look like an insecure slug with scoliosis
she is trying to imitate her faves but failing
75C9F701-5917-42F3-A782-F3A6B601A891.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes she does! Screen grab attached below
Wow, even when I still worked as a nanny I didn't think of it like this! And those weren't my own kids, but I still had fun minding them, without me counting the minutes I could kill with some boring activity like that. Granted, the kids I looked after were well-behaved, but looking after them wasn't my only job, I also had to wash and iron/fold their clothes, I did homework with them, overlooked piano practice, cooked their dinner, ate with them and cleaned the kitchen afterwards. So I was busy but we still had plenty of "playing time" which was great!

Reactions: 11
I do wonder if Lily really does nothing with her day (housework/cooking etc) because if you have even one small task a day to complete you can entertain your child as part of it.
I think an earlier poster has got it right, she’s got no concept of allowing Grey to get bored. I imagine she also sits there and watches while Grey plays when really she could be using that time to do something else in the same room as her, which might be why she notices the time going so slowly

Reactions: 20
Kids Grey's age will be entertained with some pegs and a bucket ... She will need space to explore and learn without her mum filling the time with 'activities'.

Reactions: 14
This video was so bad! I would have much preferred a ‘a week in cold weather outfits’ video instead of her telling me what kind of socks to buy. And if she thought that starting with the socks was a bad idea to keep people engaged in the video why did she do it.... So cringe when people offer advice that is useless or obvious to everyone.

Reactions: 15
I watched her latest video about cold weather clothing and genuinely, I think she's never actually been outside.

She's in her 30s, and has only just begun to experience cold, in winter. I genuinely think she's just never actually gone outside for any length of time during the winter and she's literally only ever gone for a short walk or out shopping, in and out of restaurants etc, and that until having Grey and then lockdown so nothing is open like that, so this is the first time in her whole life she has actually been outside during the winter. The realisation that is that it is actually quite cold, and she may need to dress appropriately is genuinely new to her. All of what she's bought outside of a coat, is literally brand new for this year, so she's only just discovered it and I think she really did think this was under her category of 'thing nobody tells you' that during the winter, you need to dress warmly. Amazing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Lily Pebbles: Lil-ets thinks she’s famous - gravy gate and flushing tampons, she’s shameless!

Reactions: 21
I do wonder if Lily really does nothing with her day (housework/cooking etc) because if you have even one small task a day to complete you can entertain your child as part of it.
I think an earlier poster has got it right, she’s got no concept of allowing Grey to get bored. I imagine she also sits there and watches while Grey plays when really she could be using that time to do something else in the same room as her, which might be why she notices the time going so slowly
I think you’re right; on days when I’m home with toddler I still have tasks to do (washing, make dinner etc) which I do when he’s playing independently or he helps. Seems she just uses ‘Grey days’ as an excuse not to do anything, but then doesn’t know how to engage with Grey either.

Also, letting them play in the car is the dumbest idea. My husband did it with our little boy, and he went through a phase of trying to climb into the drivers seat every time I was trying to get him in the car seat 😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think you’re right; on days when I’m home with toddler I still have tasks to do (washing, make dinner etc) which I do when he’s playing independently or he helps. Seems she just uses ‘Grey days’ as an excuse not to do anything, but then doesn’t know how to engage with Grey either.

Also, letting them play in the car is the dumbest idea. My husband did it with our little boy, and he went through a phase of trying to climb into the drivers seat every time I was trying to get him in the car seat 😬😬
Ha! That exact thing happened to me & I only let him play in the car seat once while I was putting the buggy away. It was a nightmare wresting him into the car seat!

Reactions: 7
A neighbour used to let her little boy play in the car, until one day when he let the handbrake off and rolled and smashed into a lampost and knocked it down......

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
OT but Lily keeps saying those Adidas Terrex look so smart etc but I find them hideous. They're practical so I guess that's all that matters but they look awful to me
I'm so glad you said this - they're so ugly I'm sorry but do you really need anything other than regular trainers when you live in a city?

Reactions: 16
I'm so glad you said this - they're so ugly I'm sorry but do you really need anything other than regular trainers when you live in a city?
As a bonafide inner city London girl (zone 1, not the suburbs of North London/Middlesex *cough*) I can confirm that trainers suffice in all weathers. If it’s been raining particularly heavily and I fancy a walk around a muddier park, I might wear my cheap Amazon wellies, but in all my 30 years of living here I can’t say I’ve never needed actual hiking/terrain boots to get about! 😂

Reactions: 23
She loves to show how Grey plus with Lily’s makeup, imitating what her mother does. So doing normal chores and things around the house with Grey would be a great bonding experience that would teach that adorable little girl how to do basic things, to help around, to develop her motor skills more and more. Even the simple task of tidying her crayons or toys after playtime. But no, park her in front of the TV or take her to the car I’d Rich is not doing the parenting as well as everything else that needs to be done.

Thread name:

Lily Pebbles: flushing Lil-lets down the toilet didn’t make her famous enough.

Reactions: 9
A neighbour used to let her little boy play in the car, until one day when he let the handbrake off and rolled and smashed into a lampost and knocked it down......
Of course - there is this too - plus risk of locking themselves in etc. It’s just a dumb idea, even under supervision!

Reactions: 8
Exactly! Refrigerators, cupboards and cars are not play areas and kids shouldn’t get into the mindset that they are a play room extension. I grew up in a tropical climate, and the danger that a kid can actually die in a car is very real and was drilled into us. There was a case in the last year or so in the US, two little girls woke up from their nap and while their father was still asleep they began playing in his car where they got stuck and died. I know the UK is not as hot, but as the quoted poster proves, there are other dangers too!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Exactly! Refrigerators, cupboards and cars are not play areas and kids shouldn’t get into the mindset that they are a play room extension. I grew up in a tropical climate, and the danger that a kid can actually die in a car is very real and was drilled into us. There was a case in the last year or so in the US, two little girls woke up from their nap and while their father was still asleep they began playing in his car where they got stuck and died. I know the UK is not as hot, but as the quoted poster proves, there are other dangers too!
Well said, they can make a 'car' with cardboard and do some painting of the 'car'. Sitting in a car as play time is bizarre, they have to dress up and put on a pair of shoes just to be in the real car. Maybe is a London thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
P.S. would love to know why she's against nursery as this would solve her boredom issue.
Probably because she’d have to actually pay for it out of pocket (which she is incapable of doing). Can’t get a sponsorship on nursery.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Completely. A child won't understand that the engine is switched off and therefore okay to play in the car. I have heard similar stories that have gone wrong with children playing in a car...You can make a car with a little stool and a plastic plate - or whatever else you having lying around the house. It's called imagination Lily.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.