Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rosie_Lottie

If she is so happy with her style of home why does she need constant reassurance about everything and why is she constantly defensive. I honestly think (not being mean) that the internet and oversharing has crippled her growth and personal development as an adult and given her massive issues.
The best thing she could do for herself and her family life as a mum is to go offline for a year and ‘find herself’ as corny as that sounds and get therapy to deal with her self esteem and jealousy issues and come back with something positive to offer her followers. The volume of her followers is insane, she doesn’t currently deserve them - any other job and she’d be sacked under poor performance not rewarded with luxury products.
I agree, I've thought this for a while. Lily is clearly struggling with several things and I think that she would really benefit from stepping back from the internet and taking some time to just find herself.

I say this as a first time mum myself with a 15 month old. I had always hoped to have kids and was so over the moon when we welcomed my son but was still so unprepared for the transition to becoming a mum. It took me until he was about a year to feel like myself or the new version of myself, but I feel like I let myself have that time to grow and work it out and focus on being a mum and my family. Especially during these crazy covid months, when we haven't had as much support.
I think sadly living her life on the internet Lily is just consumed with keeping up the insta blogger life and holding on to the 'old lily' and now keeping up with the newtons. She hasn't let herself figure out and settle into this new stage in her life. She just keeps churning out 'content' that isn't that interesting anymore.

A few years ago I set up a home Instagram to share our own house renovation as I love design and interiors. But I stopped in the end because I realised that it stressing out because I felt I had to keep up with new exciting posts even though it took time and it also made me more critical and down about stuff in our home that wasn't quite 'right' or was taking time. I realised it wasn't just for me or fun anymore and it wasn't healthy. Once stopped I felt I could enjoy and appreciate my home so much more.

I feel like Lily would benefit so much from disconnecting from the internet, taking time for herself and revaluating what's she's doing. (Not that she would cause it's her job 💸💸💸) I just feel like she hasn't got any real direction and drive. I just find it sad to see because I see some of the struggles I've had over the past year or so but I've not had to play it out on the internet and force myself to live up and fail to be to this insta chic persona.

It's not like I'm her biggest fan or anything, like most here she completely infuriates me most of the time, I just used to enjoy her old videos but I feel like she's got lost and sucked in the the whole influencer life and is floundering.

Sorry this got super rambly 😆 first time I've posted on this thread, I've got lots to get off my chest 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 29

zigandzag

She finds a £8 tin of chocolates expensive yet throws her money at ‘storage solutions’. She’s penny wise and pound foolish as my mum would say.
She’s also def trying to unconvincingly complete with Anna in the space of ‘ I love organisation’...pathetic

• Heart
Reactions: 28

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Meanwhile in the Newton household...

Anna: Oh my word what has Lily done to the downstairs
Mark: Is that where Rich will have to put all his clothes, so it's closer to his poo toilet?

• Haha

LA2019

Whenever she attributes something to being a 'British/English/London thing' she makes herself sound really ignorant.

Also, someone needs to tell her that being a 'Londoner' is not a personality trait. Stop trying to make it a thing Lily. It's not happening.

• Haha

dutchover

She said that she got a LOT of engagement from her Grey/blue lips story. Um, probably because ppl are concerned and don’t want a toddler to suffer when it’s all so easily preventable!

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Oh no Lily ruined her freebie floor 🤦🏽‍♀️..she’ll probably beg for a freebie replacement now 🙄
I doubt there were even nails sticking out of the bottom. Who PUSHES a piece of furniture along the floor and then is surprised when the floor scratches? She is such an idiot.

You don't push furniture about on wooden or tiled floors and you should have felt glides on the bottom to prevent scratches from little movements.

Yay! I predicted the video!

I like the style of the new cupboards (in a different context!) but they look so strange next to her living room and with the kitchen. They're a very distinct modern Scandi style which is so different to the dark, more victorian-style kitchen and living room. The flat cupboard doors with cut-out handles just don't go with her kitchen cupboards, with the moulding and the brass handles. I noticed that she was really careful not to show how it looked next to the living room so I'm sure there's a paint job coming soon.

She's planning to replace her kitchen table to something smaller because 'in this day and age, we don't have 10 people over'. What about next year? Or the year after?! This just shows how short term she thinks in terms of furniture and decor. Would this be dining table number 3 for their house?

New prediction time: based on her saying that she wants somethings smaller and oval, it will be a birch ply, pale wood, scandi style table. It will clash horribly with her kitchen and she'll need to buy new chairs because the bench won't ft with a rounder table.

• Haha

SachaStark

Oh my WORD, I didn’t realise that the runway was the equivalent of a proper room 😱 I thought it was like a metre or so wide (I don’t watch her YouTube videos, and pay limited attention when watching her stories).

In that case, can you imagine what a BEAUTIFUL reading nook that could be (for somebody else who is not Lily, and can style a space and is literate)? Bookcases in both alcoves, a pair of gorgeous wing-backed armchairs, a stylish and cosily-lit floor lamp, and actual ART on the walls...

Urgh, this property is wasted on her.

• Heart

ccocopops_16

Chatty Member
From her vlog "Camel is a neutral but not boring like black and grey"

😂 😂 😂

Maybe that's an excellent reason not to name their child Grey, mhmmm Lily?

• Haha

Summernights

VIP Member
Also, re the caption, how is it ironic that she didn't leave the house all day? First of all, that's the wrong way to use the word ironic and second of all, we're still in the middle of a pandemic so sitting at home all day is kind of a reality for a lot of people right now.
Lily doesn’t fully comprehend what a pandemic is though, she doesn’t quite get it. She doesn’t realise people are dying from this because she doesn’t see it first hand. She also probably doesn’t fully comprehend the extent to which this pandemic has damaged families financially. She just sits at home and moans about having to stay at home. She would have been insufferable during the world wars

• Haha

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I've definitely made renovations mistakes, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who HASN'T, but it seems like she's unhappy with basically everything.
Lily is one of these people who is never happy with what she has -even though she has a lot. This new round of knee jerk renovations (diarrhoea wall, disaster shelves, talk of a loft renovation) have all occurred in a rush due to her raging jealousy at the fact Anna has bought a house.

• Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’m clearly spending too much time on this thread because I dreamt I was Lily and Rich’s nanny last night 😂😂😂 Howling

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27