Lily Pebbles #13 Oh diarrhoea on the wall, who is the moaniest of them all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So my guess is the loft conversion will start in Spring and cause it will create a hella of a mess she will have to re-decorate everything. And the new design will be oatmeal aesthetic which she knocked a few weeks ago/not to subtle slight at Anna's pinterest boards for the new house but will have to have now to try and keep herself relevant. She will continue to follow trends and then say she doesn't follow trends. The dinning table will go. The kitchen will have a 'gifted' respray.

When we bought our house nearly 7 years ago we spent the first year re-decorating with a minimal budget/doing a lot of work ourselves. We knew we would be changing it at some point so didn't blow our budget or invest in anything super expensive. As time has gone on we have replaced some furniture with more expensive items (read mid-range) and have slowly been saving to do a loft conversion and extend our kitchen (which we hope to do in the next few years). We didn't go on holiday last year in order to put more away in savings (we did have holidays planned for this year but covid put a stop to that) but we have gone without and made do with a lot of stuff. And when we do get to do 'phase 2' of our home it will be so much sweeter because we know the sacrifices we've had to make to get there. I think my taste has evolved but my interiors won't be massively different/just refreshed. What I'm trying to say is that Lily will redo her home every other year and it will always be a carbon copy of whatever the latest interiors trend is. For a 'creative' she has absolutely no vision and will continue to rip off other peoples ideas.

Listening to today’s podcast all about friendship... the first question is all about making friends as an adult and it’s painfully obvious that neither of them have. Why do they insist on playing ‘expert’ on topics they know nothing about?!

Debs has had several shout-outs (she seems to be Lily’s closest friend at this point) and Hannah has been mentioned but nothing about Keisha, SJ or Gemma that I’ve picked up. If I had to guess, I’d say it was SJ or Gemma that she fell out with around the book; they were so close and then never mentioned again. Haven’t got to the end of the episode yet though!
Would be so ironic if Lily's book on friendship lost her friends.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Also, Lily ended up having a c-section so who knows if she ended up fully dilated anyway 🤷‍♀️
To be fair, she definitely did, because you don’t start pushing until you’re fully dilated, and she mentioned being in the pushing stage for a long time. Plus getting through the contractions to reach 10cm is seriously hard, even without pushing the baby out!

Reactions: 5
To be fair, she definitely did, because you don’t start pushing until you’re fully dilated, and she mentioned being in the pushing stage for a long time. Plus getting through the contractions to reach 10cm is seriously hard, even without pushing the baby out!
That’s not necessarily true, I started pushing at 3cm and that’s why I ended up having a c section

Reactions: 2
This is such a nitpicky thing but in the latest podcast episode, they talk the new season of The Crown. Lily mentions that she's excited about the debut of Princess Diana because Lily is such a huge fan of hers. Lily says she was devastated when Diana passed when Lily was "a young teen". You were 9 years old! So either she doesn't know the definition of a teenager or then she doesn't know when Lady Di passed away, which would be odd considering she's such a huge fan.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
"I just don't understand how some women don't want to have children"

Honestly, Lily might be one of the most unlikable influencers in the UK. Zoella might have fucked up with her advent calendar, but at least she has a core group of supporters. People only watch Lily's stories because she's like a train wreck you can't look away.
She seems miserable after having a child and as they say, misery loves company. Lily was dumb enough to think that you HAVE to follow the life script of marriage and then children. It didn't seem to occur to her that you don't HAVE to have a child to be fulfilled and she seems bitter and jealous about it. She is a bleep.

Reactions: 17
This is such a nitpicky thing but in the latest podcast episode, they talk the new season of The Crown. Lily mentions that she's excited about the debut of Princess Diana because Lily is such a huge fan of hers. Lily says she was devastated when Diana passed when Lily was "a young teen". You were 9 years old! So either she doesn't know the definition of a teenager or then she doesn't know when Lady Di passed away, which would be odd considering she's such a huge fan.
Have you seen the refinery 29 article to go with the JL partnership? She mentions her bday in in December but then ends the article saying she has no idea how old she is? Not the first time she's alluded to the fact she can't figure out how old she is. I'm embarrassed for her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Have you seen the refinery 29 article to go with the JL partnership? She mentions her bday in in December but then ends the article saying she has no idea how old she is? Not the first time she's alluded to the fact she can't figure out how old she is. I'm embarrassed for her.
She seems quite thick.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The Desenio '1987' print in the hallway worked then...

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Didn't she have trouble figuring out how old she was last year? I remember us making fun of her on this forum for it.

Reactions: 8
She seems quite thick.
I think this (combined with stubbornness) is where most of the issues come from tbh. It's why she's stunted in her channel.
Anna has embraced books and (even though it's not my cup of tea) organisation, and people love it. Even someone like Fleur who doesn't doesn't cover too many academic subjects has used her smarts to capitalise on areas where she's doing well with consistency. Hell, even Samantha Maria - who isn't the brightest spark - saw there was enough interest in her hair that she's sort of given that a go. Lily fails to, or chooses not to, read the room. People want to see a hair journey, people want to see live-able interiors and Rich having a bloody desk, people want to see her fashion challenged (there's a reason that Olivia Rubin Rainbow dress got more likes than most of her other posts) but she just does what she wants to the determent of her brand.
It's like how she's clearly pissed off about her post pregnancy body but refuses to do anything about it. I'm not surprised that she once said the thing her and Rich argue about the most is her lack of exercise. It's incredibly frustrating to see someone complain and never do.

Reactions: 35
"I just don't understand how some women don't want to have children"

Honestly, Lily might be one of the most unlikable influencers in the UK. Zoella might have fucked up with her advent calendar, but at least she has a core group of supporters. People only watch Lily's stories because she's like a train wreck you can't look away.
I just listened to the podcast where she said this and I'm absolutely disgusted by her attitude. (it's around 61 minutes in the motherhood: unfiltered postcast btw).

She literally said "it's not that I don't respect someone for their decision, but I know the grass is greener"
"I know what it's like to have a kid and not have a kid so I know I'm right and feel the need to tell the world"

What the actual duck? Firstly Lily honey, every single mother didn't have a kid before they had a kid. What on earth does she mean by that?
All she knows is that, for her personally, at the moment, she feels like motherhood was the right path for her. She is 100% allowed to communicate that, and also say that she's surprised how strong that feeling was. She is allowed to tell people her very positive experience to help them make their minds up.

But she absolutely CANNOT say she thinks it is 100% right to have a kid and everyone else is wrong? She's very lucky she doesn't have any close friends who have chosen to be child free, as I have a feeling they wouldn't have put up with that.

She says it like she's had all the experiences when she's only had one? Does she know what it's like to not have kids and be able to be free and go travelling and put your career first for most of her life especially during her 30s/40s/50s? Does she know how it feels to have absolutely no maternal instinct whatsoever, and therefore knows for a fact they won't enjoy motherhood? And she never will, yet if someone said to her "trust me, I didn't have kids and I'm so happy I know for a fact you were wrong for having them and you'll regret it" she'd laugh in their face.

(I have kids btw, but absolutely don't tolerate women who think people are making the wrong decision for choosing not to).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
OMG I just read - https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/scandi-rustic-christmas-decor-john-lewis

FML
First problem - who’s renowned for her love of earthy tones, rustic textures and bold use of colour LOL how? you either like earthy tones or colour.

Also this - the self-confessed “Queen of canapes” - while the cooking is underway. OKAY, they say reach for the sky, if you fall, you get ketchup and that is alright

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s just a shame that house content and renos get these influencers so many views. If it didn’t, you know they wouldn’t bother re-doing their houses every year. Honestly, as a single (hi Rich!) 30-something with no kids, I’d much rather watch someone buy a house, slowly redo it in styles that match their personality and add to it/upgrade it as time goes on - whether that includes kids or not - and work with/keep all of the bits that give the house character like fireplaces and mouldings.

I know a lot of people that put their 2020 travel budget into their homes (my parents re-did a bathroom), but I’d still be really sensitive as an influencer to others finances and demolishing/getting rid of stuff that was only installed 1.5 years ago.

ETA: something that I haven’t seen anyone do or talk about is small upgrades to rooms they might not have considered because they spent so much time in an office, but now that they’re home all the time, small things that can make home more pleasurable. Lily could never do this because 1) lack of creativity and 2) she was home all the time pre-pandemic. But, if Rich was allowed to provide his opinion, I’d be interested in knowing what he would’ve done differently to the house.

Last edited:
But she absolutely CANNOT say she thinks it is 100% right to have a kid and everyone else is wrong? She's very lucky she doesn't have any close friends who have chosen to be child free, as I have a feeling they wouldn't have put up with that.
It's quite likely that she has friends that don't want to have kids or are having problems trying to have kids, but I find it impossible to imagine Lily being the supportive friend to have a conversation about it so she will probably never know about it. It's funny because as I am reaching 30 this is something that I am talking quite a lot with my girlfriends (like Lily I am super close with my childhood friends that I've known since we are 3 years old).

Reactions: 13
It's quite likely that she has friends that don't want to have kids or are having problems trying to have kids, but I find it impossible to imagine Lily being the supportive friend to have a conversation about it so she will probably never know about it. It's funny because as I am reaching 30 this is something that I am talking quite a lot with my girlfriends (like Lily I am super close with my childhood friends that I've known since we are 3 years old).
Yes, she is so tone bleeping deaf.

Reactions: 10
It’s just a shame that house content and renos get these influencers so many views. If it didn’t, you know they wouldn’t bother re-doing their houses every year. Honestly, as a single (hi Rich!) 30-something with no kids, I’d much rather watch someone buy a house, slowly redo it in styles that match their personality and add to it/upgrade it as time goes on - whether that includes kids or not - and work with/keep all of the bits that give the house character like fireplaces and mouldings.

I know a lot of people that put their 2020 travel budget into their homes (my parents re-did a bathroom), but I’d still be really sensitive as an influencer to others finances and demolishing/getting rid of stuff that was only installed 1.5 years ago.

ETA: something that I haven’t seen anyone do or talk about is small upgrades to rooms they might not have considered because they spent so much time in an office, but now that they’re home all the time, small things that can make home more pleasurable. Lily could never do this because 1) lack of creativity and 2) she was home all the time pre-pandemic. But, if Rich was allowed to provide his opinion, I’d be interested in knowing what he would’ve done differently to the house.
I don't know you but I know you can do better than Rich. Way better.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Lily hanging out with her friends was the best parts of her old vlogs!

oh yes - Jake was the opera guy.

They spent last NYE in Brighton (gifted stay of course) with Gemma, her husband and 2 kids. They were barely on camera, it seemed like they weren't really too keen to be filmed anymore (fair enough) The vlog was so boring and downbeat. Although there was a classic Lily moment when she asked Rich what his goals for 2020 might be. Rich said maybe he wanted to do some challenge like climb a mountain. To which Lily immediately said 'NO Rich you can't do that, and give me that anxiety' if he climbed a mountain with no oxygen at the top :rolleyes:
typical Lily - shooting down and crushing Rich's hypothetical dream!

Shes scared of people dying remember. She has anxiety at the thought of her parents dying. That's why she had therapy and found out it was that

She seems quite thick.
"Seems"?! "Quite"?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She has a Small Business highlights and it’s rather short. Just a few places that sent her PR basically. The last one is Sculpted, something she bought on her own I think. Isn’t that what Anna’s been playing with recently? Wonder if Lily ever did hers. I don’t remember.

And ALL her BLM highlights are from 24-22 weeks ago. Performative much?

ok I’ll stop complaining about the same ol things. Becoming a broken record myself.
Lily's extent of supporting BLM movement is to make sure that she only promotes big brands who provide a variety of shades of concealer. That's it. She won't do any more. She had perfect opportunity to promote Media from @grillodesigns when she basically copied her colour block arch but the extent of her credit was to mention her insta handle in a really throwaway kind of way. It's really irked me. She took an idea and used it to get views on her large platform but didn't bother to properly credit her inspiration.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
39862F43-F01F-4632-82DC-253AFF9F9E0F.jpeg

I get this is about COVID, but it does sound like she stands at her door with a guest list. Could believe it.

Also the start of this article she says Christmas will be all about their daughter, but there’s no kid-friendly styling (tea balanced on books, good luck) or chat about activities etc. Just worried her December birthday might get overlooked:cry:

• Haha
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.