Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ekl2000

VIP Member
I saw she answered back to the criticism she got for her “what I would wear to a day festival” reel, she says it’s “not that hard to wear a bodysuit to a festival”
Sure if you’re happy to get half naked in a dirty portaloo and can handle the poppers after drinks in the sun 😂
anything that keeps me in a confined space with a tub of sewerage longer than I need to be is a no from me, but knock yourself out Lily.

‘I’m not like normal girls, I wear bodysuits at festivals xoxo’

• Haha
Reactions: 18

SpritneyBeers

Sorry but what on earth is that Doc Martens reel.... "THE FEMININE URGE TO WEAR YOUR DOCS DESPITE NOT BREAKING THEM IN YET"

So many questions. How does one "break them in" without actually wearing them then?

I myself have Docs and have never needed to wear them in... is this a thing? Or are people just squeezing their feet into shoes too small?

What is this so called "feminine" urge, what even is that?

Also, this reel is 10 seconds of her sitting on the floor tying her laces. Is that content now? She gets actual REAL money for this? F**k me I went so wrong in my life :ROFLMAO:
The "feminine urge to...." thing is a meme, just yet another example of her only speaking in eXtReMeLy OnLiNe language an wanting to sound like she's Gen Z!

I guess she means "wear" as in put on her bedroom to take some photos and then take off? :LOL:

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Didn’t see our Lily at SD yesterday but I did see a lot of women dressed in an incredibly similar way. Must’ve all been copying her as she’s the original x
I saw her in the kerrang tent with a hideous bloke. She was gurning like mad and looked miserable 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Tiger tat

She’s hyping this ‘slam dunk outfit’ up far too much.

Spoiler alert; it’ll be asos, denim and animal print and she absolutely will not be in any mosh pit.
I’m about the same age as Lily and the idea that an outfit for a festival could possibly take this much brain space is 🤯 does the girl not have anything else to think about?!

• Haha
you guys may enjoy the Topshop / 00s fashion really nostalgia thread! We have a generic 00s nostalgia one too somewhere

• Heart

Hayles1987

She basically said she likes asos because it's easy and is delivered quickly but why should she buy from them/share their items if they don't appreciate her work.
She then posted 3 or 4 videos of her showing her outfit which I'm guessing she meant to edit first because she just kept repeating herself and getting really flustered

• Haha
  • Wow

Ari-55

Every time she does a Q&A she answers the exact same questions? About breaking in her docs, what to wear to a wedding / hen / date or asking where she got an item she’s already linked 100 times before

barryjones

VIP Member
She’s so fucking cringe and awkward and weird.

I don’t think she has many friends in real life. She would realise this behaviour is weird and would act her age. I still go to punk gigs, still listen to 00’s emo on the drive to work. I don’t make it my personality though because it’s fucking weird. She’s desperate for someone to tell her she’s special when she’s so painfully not.

Vixen88

VIP Member
Gatekeeping her own wardrobe whilst simultaneously going against her own gatekeeping whilst simultaneously gatekeeping but trying not to look like she's gatekeeping band tees (for the 60th time this month).

I'd never even heard the term gatekeeping before watching her stories.
Exhausting. Wear the band shirt if they’re your favourite band and you’ve been to see them multiple times, wear it if you just like them a bit, wear it if you just like their logo and don’t listen too them. Who cares! We’re in our 30s and not in school now, it’s just a tshirt!

hmsizzle

I wanna wear white docs to my wedding cos I'm not like other girls.

I am actually planning a wedding at the moment and Pinterest is about 75% brides in 'alt' shoes.

• Haha

ekl2000

VIP Member
Twas the night before slam dunk,
And all round the house,
Lily Melrose was admiring her much hyped checkerboard print outfit,
To prove to the world she is a totally unique 30yr old emo rock chick.

Doesn’t rhyme but fuck it Rawr <3 \M/

• Haha

ekl2000

VIP Member
I mean if you go all loosey-goosey with the definition I could also say that I'm a content creator for my employer :rolleyes: (reports, analyses, presentations, etc...)
same!

I create invoices at work and repost terrible memes on my personal insta in the evening. 💅🏼 Girl boss with the side hustle

69C56F53-F5F9-4F3B-9853-CB91CC7F493B.jpeg

• Haha

sillysally96

New to this thread but not to following Lily.

Does her constant mindless fast fashion purchasing piss anyone else off? It’s like she purposefully shops sweatshop only everyday.

it’s totally inexcusable and I politely raised it with her on an ask me anything a while ago and she ignored it.

Nothing alternative about her, she’s just the same as the love island girls only wears more black.

Edit: just read some of the posts here, OMG NAIL ON THE HEAD that she’s still smug despite being in the exact same place social media wise as she was 10 years ago except now she dresses in more black when she used to wear whatever was in fashion at the time!

Last edited:

elliebobs

I’m sorry but there is less than no chance anyone messaged her to ask who he is. She said she was going to see AOF about 7 times surely if you didn’t know you would just Google it. I don’t know who she thinks she is 😭😭😭😅😅😅

Reactions: 17

85duckpuddle

So the #aLtErNaTiVeGiRl edgy Miss Llymlrs who doesn't follow trends keeps saying "the fit" instead of outfit like evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery other influencer and their dog is doing now but she doesn't follow trends, ok? She just likes what she likes 🤷‍♀️ the FIT omg that term makes me puke

Putting THAT Kate Bush song over a reel, because she doesn't follow trends.
Wearing a Metallica t-shirt all the time suddenly because she doesn't follow trends.

Yawn.

Also the term "summer time goth" made me laugh. She's certainly ramped up the ALT in this past year

• Haha

Lotus101

VIP Member
Whyyyyyy does she constantly try and speak like a 16 year old to stay relevant ????!
“THE CHOKEEEHOLLLDDD THIS HASSS”
“SUCHH A VIBBBEEE”
“UNNMATCHEEDDDS VIBBEESS”

you’re literally over the age of 30 & you sound like a prat 😂.

Also I had to click off her story the other day I couldn’t handle the level of CRINGEEE from her trying to say how she had a “cultural” impact in her early blogging days 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️.
“not saying I was a trail blazer or anything..” oh really? Becayze I thought you invented ombré hair and the indie sleaze look you quirky quirky gyyaaall🤪🤪😜.

• Haha