Lily Melrose aka Llymlrs #2 Scenior citizen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or is she trying to be more and more like Sammi Jefcoate over on tik tok

Reactions: 9
‘I was an OG fashion girlie’
‘Posting this look blew me up’
‘I definitely popularised ombré hair in the UK blogging scene’

😅😅😅😅😅 Lily just be quiet

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
She's so embarrassingly desperate to be known as the first fashion blogger to ever exist.

Stick her in the British History Museum. Get her an exhibition at Tate Modern.

Give it a rest! No one cares who was first and it's not as if people weren't posting very similar content around the same time. We don't even know if she was the first one she was just one of the nire popular ones. And I'd bet money that other girls looked very similar to her around the same time, they either just weren't posting on the internet or weren't as known.

Her style isn't that creative or unique and it never has been!

All the other trendsetting influencers have moved on and here she is still harping on about whatever styles she pioneered as if she changed the trajectory of history.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
‘I was an OG fashion girlie’
‘Posting this look blew me up’
‘I definitely popularised ombré hair in the UK blogging scene’

😅😅😅😅😅 Lily just be quiet
Every time she says “AlTeRnAtIvE” I die a little bit in side haha.
Also that collar she’s started wearing is doing nothing for her.
Her style reminds me of myself at 15 desperately trying to show how AlTERNatIvE I was 😂😂.
Now a days I just do not careeeee, I still love style & fashion and I’ll always love “grungey” styles more but I don’t feel like I need to waltz around in a band teee, put my snakebites nose ring and tongue piercing back & shove on every single piece of jewellery I own 😂. It just looks too much.

Reactions: 11
And I'd bet money that other girls looked very similar to her around the same time, they either just weren't posting on the internet or weren't as known.
Yep, lily's whole look was exactly what every other style/fashion conscious teenager was wearing, the thing is with influencers that's so hilarious is they don't realise they're literally just buying more new tit than everyone else which makes it easy to look fashion forward. Lily we were all copying Alexa Chung, including you, stop trying to rewrite this narrative 😂 note how she blew up on lookbook with tights, a black dress and an oversized cardi, that was 90% of the lookbook hot filter.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She wore head to toe primark, topshop and American apparel. She wasn’t a pioneer, the high street literally told her what to wear.

Reactions: 12
She wore head to toe primark, topshop and American apparel. She wasn’t a pioneer, the high street literally told her what to wear.
Exactly this. She wore all mainstream high street brands and worked in New Look. Nothing was ground breaking, unusual or different. It’s about the time I was at uni and is what I and plenty of girls wore then. If anything, I don’t think she really went as grungy as to wear Doc Martens, a total indie cindy.

Reactions: 13
How is she not embarrassed that her style has barely moved on from those days? Her hair is basically the same but more blended, still wears disco leggings, high street band tee’s and tarnished jewellery from Taiwan 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She’s so into herself in a really bad way I can’t even deallllll. So cocky, so arrogant, so delusional

I just watched one of her reels about band tees telling everyone to wear them just to “p*as the men off” even if you don’t listen to the band, who cares. Ewww STOP. You’re basic as hell, Lily and I’m sure no man cares what T-shirt you’re wearing

And one she’s wearing a pile up of tarnished chains and trying on a corset/basque weird strap thing round her middle that looks like a waist shaper thing but she means to wear it as outerwear… oh wow, she’s going goth next as her current Alt look is obviously not Alt enough

Seriously Lils you’re taking the mick but your 2009 looks were WAY better

Reactions: 7
Give it a rest! No one cares who was first and it's not as if people weren't posting very similar content around the same time. We don't even know if she was the first one she was just one of the nire popular ones. And I'd bet money that other girls looked very similar to her around the same time, they either just weren't posting on the internet or weren't as known.
The reason why lily was so popular was because she was the literal embodiment of every single trend everyone was into. she has the "disco pants," the ombre hair, the stick on nails, the hipster style. she wore every single trending item of clothing as soon as it was popular. she looked like a walking talking tumblr post. that's why she was popular. not because she was original or had unique style. literally the opposite!

lily has always thought of herself as being a trend setter. but all of her success has come from dressing so on-trend it's painful. that's obvious when you look back at her old outfits. they're all so dated it's cringy to look at.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The reason why lily was so popular was because she was the literal embodiment of every single trend everyone was into. she has the "disco pants," the ombre hair, the stick on nails, the hipster style. she wore every single trending item of clothing as soon as it was popular. she looked like a walking talking tumblr post. that's why she was popular. not because she was original or had unique style. literally the opposite!

lily has always thought of herself as being a trend setter. but all of her success has come from dressing so on-trend it's painful. that's obvious when you look back at her old outfits. they're all so dated it's cringy to look at.
This is exactly it. She had the means to have a DSLR camera and shop at Topshop multiple times a week and that’s what launched her career. There were more interesting bloggers by FAR (I loved gem fatale and VIPxox and even this plus size Welsh blogger who was called cupcake or something?) but they posted far less frequently because they were normal girls who’d speak about their jobs in shops and student loans and saving for stuff or buying stuff off eBay.

I remember there was a younger girl who was from mega money who came around the same time and would post the most expensive items everyone would have loved to have had, does anyone else remember her? She’d post pics in her bleeping huge garden lol.

Reactions: 6
This is exactly it. She had the means to have a DSLR camera and shop at Topshop multiple times a week and that’s what launched her career. There were more interesting bloggers by FAR (I loved gem fatale and VIPxox and even this plus size Welsh blogger who was called cupcake or something?) but they posted far less frequently because they were normal girls who’d speak about their jobs in shops and student loans and saving for stuff or buying stuff off eBay.

I remember there was a younger girl who was from mega money who came around the same time and would post the most expensive items everyone would have loved to have had, does anyone else remember her? She’d post pics in her bleeping huge garden lol.
Omg I loved Gem Fatale! Her leopard nail art tutorial lives on haha

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What happened to Gem? I remember she only blogged for a bit.... And then disappeared?

Reactions: 2
What happened to Gem? I remember she only blogged for a bit.... And then disappeared?
I remember years ago on insta she was married (to her long term partner) and had a kid, was doing marketing for Netflix if I remember. No idea now

Reactions: 2
Is gem fatale gem_rc?
I still follow VIP and listen to her podcast and Welsh Gemma!
So many OG British bloggers are now just people I follow on insta and can’t remember why / how any more 😂 been so many years.

Reactions: 3
Is gem fatale gem_rc?
Yeah. It makes me laugh that she has 'retired influencer ' in her profile.... She blogged for about 2 years and influencers weren't even a thing back then. It must be getting on for 15 years since she was doing anything remotely related to influencing (and she wasn't exactly well known even back then!)

Reactions: 3

I liked VIP too! She was one of a few super relatable bloggers at the time.

The only girl with the large garden that comes to mind from that era is Zanna Van Dijk/Zanzapan on Lookbook. Age wise I believe she was at sixth form at the time as she posted about going off to uni, so quite young.
If that’s who you mean she has a thread here now!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.