Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you get any money if someone clicked through but never purchased anything?
As far as I know, it’s only if they buy. But like I said, the cookies last for 30 days you might have forgotten about the shoes you clicked on an aff link for 3 weeks ago, then buy something else and the % commission will still go to that blogger.

Reactions: 6
How does she afford to buy so many clothes and pay her rent and bills? I'm genuinely baffled. Does having affiliate links on Instagram really pay that much?

Reactions: 7
How does she afford to buy so many clothes and pay her rent and bills? I'm genuinely baffled. Does having affiliate links on Instagram really pay that much?
I get the feeling a lot is maybe gifted in some way? Or she’s buying and returning. It’s something I don’t really understand either, cos even if you’re earning a decent amount you still have to be careful. Unless you’re a millionaire or something 😂

I don’t understand it. Can anyone with good maths work it out ? 😂 like surely people aren’t even that stupid to swipe up on aff link these days ? If I like something they recommend I just search for it myself rather than giving these influencers my £££
It's not really your money. The brand gives the influencer a % of the total cost of any order placed through an affiliate link. If you found a product or bought clothing because an influencer posted about it, it's kidn of fair that they get some money from that. You wouldn't have bought it if they hadn't posted about it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I get the feeling a lot is maybe gifted in some way? Or she’s buying and returning. It’s something I don’t really understand either, cos even if you’re earning a decent amount you still have to be careful. Unless you’re a millionaire or something 😂
ASOS give influencers vouchers for a lot of the purchases they make, I've seen smaller influencers admit this so the larger ones are definitely getting it too.

It's not really your money. The brand gives the influencer a % of the total cost of any order placed through an affiliate link. If you found a product or bought clothing because an influencer posted about it, it's kidn of fair that they get some money from that. You wouldn't have bought it if they hadn't posted about it 🤷‍♀️
Yeah I know it’s not my actual money that’s going to them but my point is purchases made will profit them. Although saying that, I haven’t bought anything Lily has raved about in years as her style isn’t to my taste and I personally don’t like the brands that she shops at.

I also dislike how she’s currently talking about her iPhone yet has done several ad’s over the past few years for the Huawei. Just shows she’s not genuine in her ads 👎

Reactions: 4
ASOS give influencers vouchers for a lot of the purchases they make, I've seen smaller influencers admit this so the larger ones are definitely getting it too.
That’s what I assumed. That there was some kind of monthly allowance or something. That definitely makes sense!

Reactions: 1
Think she lives with 3 others at least. Glad that she is having fun living with mates (Dahl, I think, am i butchering her name, hope not) wish she'd do some vlogging of housesharing stuff. Maybe some reviews of her dates etc. Might break up all the afd link swipe up and ads for new look / pll dresses. She is mentioning going to the post office a lot, so i assume she returns all of what she buys regularly.

Reactions: 9
Think she lives with 3 others at least. Glad that she is having fun living with mates (Dahl, I think, am i butchering her name, hope not) wish she'd do some vlogging of housesharing stuff. Maybe some reviews of her dates etc. Might break up all the afd link swipe up and ads for new look / pll dresses. She is mentioning going to the post office a lot, so i assume she returns all of what she buys regularly.
Such good idea ! She’s 30 now and a lot of us have grown up with her and her content is just not relatable with the excessive buying anymore. I know she doesn’t like talking in-depth about the details her health but I’d love to see videos on living with a chronic illness. And like you said, dating stories, especially in your 30’s would also be fun and relatable !!

She doesn't grate on me like some of the influencerst, think she's maybe a decent person but her content is so boring lately. She's literally always indoors. As a 30 year old she's not relatable at all, I thought she was 24-26!

I really don’t agree with people having to conform to dated society standards, 30 is still so young.

My dislike of affiliate links is them staying in browsers for 30 days and I don’t believe most influencers, like Lily, have ever made their audience aware of this.
Especially when influencers use clickbait, underhand tactics to get people to click on affiliate links, refusing to say where an item is from and only doing a swipe-up, etc. If they were really wanted to share they would just say it on IG.
Everyone knows the websites Lily shops at exist, if you click her link knowing its affiliate but still want to buy that item of clothing then I don’t see the issue. But why should Lily then be financially rewarded if you go back on that website to buy something she’s never linked to, or is new to the website a few weeks later?

Reactions: 10
I really don’t agree with people having to conform to dated society standards, 30 is still so young.

My dislike of affiliate links is them staying in browsers for 30 days and I don’t believe most influencers, like Lily, have ever made their audience aware of this.
Especially when influencers use clickbait, underhand tactics to get people to click on affiliate links, refusing to say where an item is from and only doing a swipe-up, etc. If they were really wanted to share they would just say it on IG.
Everyone knows the websites Lily shops at exist, if you click her link knowing its affiliate but still want to buy that item of clothing then I don’t see the issue. But why should Lily then be financially rewarded if you go back on that website to buy something she’s never linked to, or is new to the website a few weeks later?
I feel like a lot of people still aren’t aware of how affiliate links work. I know I wasn’t too I read about it here. I wasn’t aware of them staying in your browser. I do think there needs to be a lot more transparency around them with people who use them.

Reactions: 8
no one:
lilly: swipe up for the mirror i broke!

how many stories does she need to post about breaking a mirror and buying a new one? i feel like a few of my brain cells died watching that 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 22
no one:
lilly: swipe up for the mirror i broke!

how many stories does she need to post about breaking a mirror and buying a new one? i feel like a few of my brain cells died watching that 🙈
Ah just to be able to drop everything and pop to IKEA on a weekday afternoon

• Haha
I’m pretty sure she returns at least half of what she photos. In the last few weeks she has put comments up like ‘been in leggings all week’ on her IG stories but everyday before has been posting done up outfits making out like that’s what she’s been wearing to get the aff links out.
I think she does some big orders. Does her hair and make up, takes a duck tonne of photos in a day then does sod all in joggers for the next two weeks!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m pretty sure she returns at least half of what she photos. In the last few weeks she has put comments up like ‘been in leggings all week’ on her IG stories but everyday before has been posting done up outfits making out like that’s what she’s been wearing to get the aff links out.
I think she does some big orders. Does her hair and make up, takes a duck tonne of photos in a day then does sod all in joggers for the next two weeks!!
She is forever going to the post office on her stories...i assume to return her ugly cheap pll dresses. She used to make good vlogs, miss them. Wonder if we will find out what happened to aheirs when she goes home for Christmas.

Aerys? Heirs?

And gets paid for it and doesn't pay for the clothes, ah duck it. I'm jealous what can I say 😂 does she work/ever had a career? Not here to shame anyone at all, but I think their should be an age limit on influencers not actually working and just making money online. I know that's going to read awful, I'm also 30 btw, not saying 30 is old but it's certainly an age you attempt to maybe sort of get your tit together.

I have no problem if this is how she wants to make money. My personal opinion as a fellow 30 something is just how the eff is this sustainable? Is she going to be doing affiliate links when she’s 40? 50? How is she saving for the future and “retirement”? These are all things people should be thinking and planning for in their 30s (honestly, sooner IMO, but I may be extra manic/panicky about the future so maybe that’s just a me thing haha). I just don’t get how this is a viable “career” in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, etc. I’m not trying to shame her or anyone, I genuinely am curious. Because it gives me literal panic seeing her entire day just 500 stories of the same make up over and over again and fluorescent neon barf eye shadow and 500 more stories about a mirror she broke and repurchased 5 times. There is more to life............

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The affiliate links are getting ridiculous. I mean I get that it’s the only way she makes money, she seems to have little to no actual brand work but it’s all day every day. She never leaves that bedroom on stories so I don’t feel like I even really know where she wears all this crap which leads me to believe that she returns it all. There’s so much of it that you just never see again.
It’s hard to really engage with her when all you see is her posing in front of the mirror. We don’t know anything about what she actually does day to day.
I wonder where her brand is really going, like someone else said, who is going to still be doing affiliate links at 40/50?
I think she’s quite talented with editing and the creative bits, certainly more so than other influencers but it’s just wasted on her festering in that bedroom.

Does anyone remember how when she lived in Brighton she'd almost unnecessarily keep mentioning how she had the money to buy a house/she was planning to buy a house/she could afford a house after she moved for the 2nd time there? I feel like at that point she was ready to 'settle down' and then her illness required her to move back home and I feel that now she's trying to make up for that time she lived in Brighton and did nothing and had like one friend there?

I think she was making good money when living in Brighton and obviously lost a lot of income the year she disappeared and that's also why now she's just sharing 20 affiliate links each day trying to get more money. In another story she mentioned that the trunk of her car had been broken for a year and didn't open - I mean if you rely on your car a lot who the duck doesn't take it to a local garage to get it sorted? Jeez.

I wish I could have financial security with her level of effort but at the same time, she's obviously bored. There's no stimulation in her life. I wonder what her flatmates think of her 'job' whilst they most likely have actual jobs to do/go to. Sure some days I'd love to just hang out and do nothing and shop without a worry but at the end of the day, I know I couldn't do that for a long period of time. I was between jobs for 4 months in 2019 and I hated it. Sure I went to the gym, did some DIY and was job searching but I felt so empty and mostly miserable. I hated talking to my friends at some point, telling me about them buying houses, getting engaged, getting promotions, etc because I felt I was not included in this world. I like my job even when some days are tit. I like my colleagues. I like learning and being challenged. I like having something that fills my day.

I'm interested to see where 2021 takes her. If we're in December 2021 and she's still doing a swipe up link for those ugly oversize tees and disco leggings, it will be pretty pathetic.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.