Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Artaud

I don’t think Lily will ever return to Youtube as it is unforgiving and for someone like Lily with an ever changing narrative it is hard to delete content, with IG it’s easy to delete an old story or change a caption on the grid.

Lily must be surviving off affiliate links but most on them appear to goto ASOS.
If she’s receiving 3% commission then that’s £0.90 commission off someone placing a £30 order. She must need at least £1500 pcm to live on and to accommodate tax, Lily would need 1667 people to place £30 orders each month. I can’t believe even Lily would be stupid enough to live like this.

Reactions: 19

barryjones

VIP Member
She's obsessed with herself. She only mentions the catcalling as some sort of humble brag, if she was bothered about it she would link to posts/resources about womens safety/harassment or whatever. She loves the attention and is basically saying LOOK SOME MEN THINK IM HOT. Sad really.

She absolutely infuriates me with the 'I love emo/wwe/being s0o0o0o not like other girls' thing. We briefly moved in the same circle and I can safely say myself and all my friends actually went to gigs, supported bands and bought merch. She went to a couple of gigs and didn't shut up about them and bought most of her band tees from urban outfitters etc. Not that it's a competition at all but the way she bangs on you'd think she single handedly kept the 'emo' music scene afloat.

• Haha

insectoverlords

Watching her stories today it somehow only just hit me just how vapid she is. Maybe it was less weird ten years ago but her unwillingness to talk about her personal life means she's just talking about make up and hair (assuming we get more than an affiliate link) all the time and being a 30 something emo kid doesn't change the fact her content is as deep as a puddle.

• Heart

Vixen88

VIP Member
the lack of self awareness involved in llymlrs claiming she doesn't follow trends
Does most of her shopping in New Look and ASOS which are the trendiest shops going and gets exactly the same freebies from Simply Be that every other mid size Instagramer is wearing. That gingham midi dress with flounces down the front, seen it 20 times.
You are like other girls Lily, and that’s great, other girls are great, there’s no competition!

• Heart

CatHun

VIP Member
This this so much this. ‘Classic llymlrs’ makes me cringe so much... you weren’t inventive, you just happened to blog at exactly the right time. If she started now she wouldn’t have a tenth of the followers she does
Iconic made me cringe for her. So iconic that you are still posting of your outfits out of your bedroom like you were 10 years ago. The icon hasn’t exactly evolved much

Lily is the same as Helen Anderson in regards to both of them are now angling for the mid-size body positivity but are still editing their pictures and lying about their clothing size. Plus they both annoy me as they think they are the epitome of being alternative but in reality they listen to entry level alternative music, essentially pop music with guitars, follow trends and buy their clothes from chain stores.
This is a bit gatekeepy imo on the music thing. I don't like Helen and I'm not fussed on Lily but they shouldn't have to prove their music taste to anyone.

Pettyprep

I'm not sure who she thought she was kidding. Of course the tattoo will be shared. I have so much second hand embarrassment from this already

• Haha
Reactions: 18

rosejaxon19

I’ve followed Lily for a while, used to lover her vlogs and especially when she posted stuff to do with wrestling! But I’ve always thought she had an air of pretentious-ness? (I’m so sorry if that’s not a word but you get my drift 😂) Also not a fan of the new hair, really doesn’t do anything for her!

I never realised how she heavily edits herself either, that Cosmo video is like looking at a different person!!!

fluffytoffee

She's obsessed with her emo/scene kid/indie girl days from her past. Like we get it Lily, a lot of us had the same phases too! Also there are a lot of other girl wrestling fans, it's really not that unique!
I find the CONSTANT old emo and *most people won't get this* indie wrestling references so boring. Her gatekeeping attitude towards (actually quite popular) things drives me mad!

Pettyprep

Exactly?! I’m the same age as you and totally agree. We all remember what it was like! I wear black leggings and T-shirt’s, and still listen to the music, but would I say I’m emo? Absolutely not 😂
I wouldn't usually care about something like this but for me this adds to the whole 'better than you' vibe she gives off.
One little thing I've always remembered, I used to have a blog and not sure if anyone remembers this but there used to be bloggers chats on twitter where everyone used to talk and share their blogs?
I didn't know who she was at the time but I saw Lily on twitter taking the piss out of the girls taking part in the chat and basically joking with milkteeth(?) about them because they were the OG bloggers and sharing links etc was desperately uncool.
That's a tiny random thing to remember but that was my first ever impression of lily and when I've come across her since nothing has changed my opinion on her unfortunately

Bilbo16

VIP Member
I think she still holds on to the fact she was one of the first big bloggers. And give her her due, she was at the time. Difference is now though, the influencer sphere is so so saturated. Some might even say oversaturated. She just doesn’t stand out in the crowd anymore. She almost seems a bit bitter at times with how desperate she is to appear ‘different’.

snarkvark

VIP Member
Thing is even if she put in the effort, she wouldn't have been as big as Zoe because Lily has an awful personality. She's always thought she was better than other people because she was a `successful blogger~ who ~set trends~

kalechips

VIP Member
I know discussion around catcalling and other harassment is massive at the moment but the way Lily approached that did seem really odd 🤔
Agreed, the way she phrased it makes it sound like a really weird humblebrag about how hot she is. And while I don't believe that she intended it this way, i find it a little harmful to imply that it shouldn't have happened because she was in a baggy t shirt. It should just never happen, regardless of what you're wearing.

afterthestormagain

Lily literally the kind of person who would go on a date and constantly say 'oh I'm not like other girls'. I can imagine her ordering an old fashioned (when so many women order beers or whiskey it's so common) and be super braggy and then saying again 'oh I'm not like other girls, girls usually order a G&T or something, but not me 💁‍♀️'.

• Haha

hhhhhh

The whole green velvet dress story was clearly just to brag that she fits in a size 10. She never ever used to mention size or would get pissy if people asked for size as a reference!