Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheNapQueen

You have to understand guys... lily doesn’t want to interact with us plebs, she just wants to use us to make money.
Back in the OG blogger days she was one of the first people I followed and got influenced by. I liked her YouTube but think in the last year her attitude is utterly disgraceful.
She basically saying she won’t do YouTube etc cos she doesn’t like it, she shows nothing but herself in her room, trying clothes on again and again and again. Add in the odd ‘oh look what I got for free’... haul, haul, haul. Her content is shit.

Reactions: 21

bugeyeboo

I’ve followed Lily since the early days and I’ve recently unfollowed. I just don’t see any growth style wise, it all reminds me of a year 8 boy obsessed with flames on things. As I’ve matured, and I’m assuming as has most of her audience, I’m just not into her anymore. I don’t like her style, I haven’t seen her do anything interesting with her career, it’s just...blah. She’s in a rut.

• Haha

insectoverlords

Anyone else find her wrestling stuff cringe? Like you do you, but it makes her content look all over the place.
I find it cringe because it's said with an air of "not like other girls", she's made a lot of comments over the years implying her audience aren't into wrestling as if she's such a unique flower for enjoying wrestling and looking good but she doesn't really ever talk about wrestling in a way that the audience can really respond to (iirc she did one video once about a particular event - I think it was wrestlemania predictions which actually did get some engagement?)
She's clearly quite gate keepy and it shows, like how desperate she always was to appear more of a true fan of game of thrones than anyone else (funny she never mentioned it prior to the TV show becoming big though?).
Something I always thought made Lily a good influencer is that she was quite good at judging the next big thing just as it was happening and being able to give off the illusion that she'd been into it the whole time but it makes her quite off putting as a person because she's just a bandwagonner herself but tries to pretend she's not.

• Heart

Pettyprep

Guys... is Lily emo? I really can’t tell because she so rarely mentions it.
As someone who is also 30 I just cannot get my head around how a label from 2006 is still such a big deal to her?! We all had an emo phase..? I still listen to the same music from that phase but I don't feel the need to refer to myself as emo because... No one cares?! It's embarrassing to read

Lemonz

VIP Member
Isn't she too old to have been a scene kid? She's 31 isn't she? I'm 33 and when I was a teen there was the whole greebo/grunger scene and skate punk. I didn't see my first emo until I was 19, at a HIM concert lol, and noticed all these young teens in impossibly skinny black jeans with back combed hair. I particularly remember one guy that kept a huge can of hairspray in his back pocket and kept using it. Then scene was a few years after that!
Sometimes I feel a bit left out with all this emo nostalgia, no one talks about grunger or nu metal stuff. 🤣
Nah she's peak scene kid age - im 30 and remember the Myspace emo/scene days well - I remember hours of 'coding' (ie fiddling with html themes) with my best mate at school when we were 15 and the stripey emo hair fishnet everything and neon accessories were in full swing. However Lily fancied herself as part of the "cooler scene" (because emo was desperately not cool) which was indie kid vintage cardigans white skinny jeans etc, her music taste sat with the first group though.

kalechips

VIP Member
Someone just asked where her hoodie was from and all she could respond was ‘Drop Dead’. Like, okay, loads of emo/scene kids would know that’s a brand but, also, loads of people don’t know it’s a brand which is why the girl had such a “oh okay” response. Then she acts surprised that the girl was a bit offended by it. She could have just said “I got it from a brand called Drop Dead”. I suppose that’s too much effort.
Honestly I feel like she was probably hoping that the girl asking wouldn't know it was a brand just so she could once again brag about knowing something that is so oBsCuRe and not mainstream

Silentcritique

Chatty Member
Yep I’ve felt uncomfortable with this - not to mention the fact it doesn’t even look good. I’m in two minds about lily; in a way I like that she doesn’t care and despite being thirty or close she still seems very young and it’s nice to know that youth doesn’t die and that it doesn’t matter if you’re not a home owner or loved up etc

but on the other hand I find it sort of pathetic that her livelihood is filming hauls that she probably just returns anyway? I find it unrelatable that she’s is always posting outfit pics in outfits that would give you pneumonia in winter. She spends so much time and probably money on her hair and it looks constantly greasy and awful because she can’t let go of the ombré because she thinks it’s her brand, when she looked a lot better with her warm brown natural hair. She always mumbles and doesn’t speak properly; and she has never replied to my responses or recommendations.

I’ve no idea where she gets money for London rent, countless hauls, expensive beauty products? I know much will be gifted and she will have affiliate links, but truly I find her life seems vapid and it’s quite sad to watch. Does she even have her cat anymore?

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Her hair was looking cute in a Bob, but she is saying she just can't handle it like this (shoulder length) so is going to have long extensions sewn in a.s.a.p (today I assume) I think with the lip, lashes and nails it could look a bit love island esq rather than the style she is seemingly trying to emulate?

Her Mother's house looks huge, lily stated her Mum ran (owned?) A bakery...is her Mum Greggs?

• Haha
Reactions: 20

snarkvark

VIP Member
I quite liked her vlogs when she first moved to her first Brighton flat. She seemed independent, different from the others, showing her make it her own little home. Haven’t really followed her since she quit YouTube. At some stage you need more that trying on clothes in your bedroom at age 30.
That's it isn't it? a lot of influencers can't move past this, there's nothing else to them. hauls were huge back in the day but everyone's aware of how toxic overconsumption is. nobody wnats to watch influencers haul fast fashion in the way they used to and Lily (like most other influencers) doesn't have the creativity to come up with alternative ideas for content

Traazers

VIP Member
Her “so I wore this (aff link) paired with this (aff link)
And decided to use this bag (aff link) and then thought I’d pair these bracelets (aff link) is so jarring. She’s just trying to pile as many products into every post or story so she can get money from the links and it’s so transparent.
If I do an asos order I’ll very rarely wear everything together, I’d wear an old skirt with a new top or a new bag with an old dress or something. Fast fashion isn’t cool any more and her posting outfits that have obv all been bought in the last month (hence the links) just shows how out of touch she is.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
She’s beyond parody. So quirky and unique with the piercings every other emo girl had 15 years ago and the mainstream music she listens to and her love of wrestling, an incredibly popular entertainment form beloved the world over.

larabrn

I think with the lip, lashes and nails it could look a bit love island esq rather than the style she is seemingly trying to emulate?
Completely agree with this. The botox, the chin fillers, the lip fillers, the hair extensions, the eye lashes, the stripper nails… It’s all a bit much. If I didn’t know she was a legitimate old school emo kid, I would 100% think she was just a Love Island hun who buys her Metallica tees from River Island.

Maybe she mentions being alternative so much because she knows her look doesn’t come across that way at all.

(Disclaimer: there’s nothing wrong with strippers or their nails btw, each to their own.)

larabrn

Yeah she’s getting really repetitive now. It goes:

Affiliate link
Affiliate link
Affiliate link
Look at all this expensive stuff I was sent for free
Omg can you guys BELIEVE I still listen to Head Automatica / wear Converse / [insert fucking boring 2004 reference here]
Affiliate link
Affiliate link
Got catcalled AGAIN 🤪 Honestly I can’t even wear a dress because I’m soOoOo hot

• Haha

barryjones

VIP Member
I can’t stand her. She thinks she’s the first person to like any band. It’s so 2005. We’re in our 30’s. Do I still listen to BMTH? Absolutely. Do I need to mention it every 2 minutes to get approval/validation from my mates? No.
Did I stop shopping at new look when I realised there were better quality, more ‘me’ shops? Yes.

I don’t constantly need to adorn myself in leopard print and star print to signal to everyone how ~alternative~ I am. It’s really fucking sad she needs a hobby/mates/something to do that doesn’t revolve around her thinking she’s special for liking something most of us liked.

Orangesocks182

The fact she said “it’s kinda my thing” about wearing converse 🙄. You’re not unique for wearing fucking converse hun

• Haha

Lamermer

I'm so close to unfollowing after all these years due to the constant fast fashion buying during a tough time for a majority of the world. Everyone has already made great points so no need to rehash. The mass consumption of these low-quality looking clothes just isn't sitting right with me anymore. Still following maybe for nostalgic reasons? LOL.

I really wish she'd go back to YouTube! I loved her vlogs and many others are making vlogs working in the pandemic. Also, maybe I'm in the minority here but not that into Reels. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 19

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
It’s such an odd and unusual industry, and especially in these times, it feels like could fall apart at any second. I find it fascinating. And I’m so curious how this will all play out as people age. Maybe it’s just that I don’t follow these people, but are there a lot of successful influencers surviving off affiliates links who are “older”? Someone who Lily would be in 5-10 years?
it’s interesting to say the least.
In general for influencers, not just Lily. I genuinely wish her well. I loved her blog and YouTube videos from waaaay back and even though my style has drastically changed from hers over the years, I for some reason can’t unfollow her. She’s like some old classmate to me who I have fond feelings for and check in on like we’re still best friends but haven’t talked in 15years 🤣 I hope she has a plan B.
I do think there are a lot of older influencers who are still finding an audience and success as naturally an older demographic tended to come to social media later, and therefore they’re not as “over it” yet.

In saying that though, I cannot see where Lily would EVER fit in. The successful older influencers are all pretty rich already, have families and properties and have their shit together. Many understand marketing and content because their working background is in magazines, media, publishing etc. They all seem a lot more creative than Lily.

The problem is that a lot of mid-level influencers like Lily took for granted the assumption that their audience would grow with them. This probably did work out for some influencers, but ultimately you have to grow beyond that ‘sat in my bedroom taking selfies’ content because the vast majority of normal people grow beyond that, and want to see people they relate to in some way.

The thing that annoys me is that I can quite clearly see a niche for Lily to fill - she could do a lot more content about her life, living in a flat share at age 30, talking about her career trajectory and what she plans to do with herself, her dating life, talking about turning 30 and seeing friends get married and have kids but she’s not there yet, her experiences moving back home for a while, how to organise small shared spaces - stuff that SO MANY late 20s and 30-something year old women would identify with! But she’s too lazy. She’s not innovative or creative enough. She’s just going to keep flogging clothes and getting that aff link money until she can’t flog anymore.

Reactions: 19