Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That sums it up for me. So she hasn’t bought anything she really loves in ages but is happy to shill any old tat to her followers via an affiliate link. That’s before you even consider the implications of so much overconsumption. I’ll admit I used to have a shopping problem, I’d buy clothes, not wear them and charity shop them, sometimes in the space of a couple of months. But even with all the awareness now of fast fashion and it’s negative impacts, Lily still feeds into it massively.
She has two main problems:
1) her “unique” style isn’t unique any more as the whole scene/grunge look is actually quite cool now (I no longer get called a goth for wearing DMs) but,
2) she doesn’t have the actual style required to make it look cool. Fashion has come back around and now could be her time to revive her look if she had any actual genuine style but as she is basically a walking “things from asos in black/leopard” lookbook, even I, who others (and me tbf) would describe my “look” as that (loads of the stuff she shows I already own) don’t find her remotely aspirational or cool as I can also just search “leopard” or any item in black on asos on my own. That combined with the fact that she comes across as so insincere with absolutely no interest in actually engaging with her audience does not a good influencer make.

Does anyone know of any mildly alt influencers/fashion gals while we’re here?

Reactions: 16
I like Hannah Louise F. Would love to learn about others. Like most here I used to love Lily but all the ads and cheap clothes. Nope.

Reactions: 2
These influencers must think we’re all bleeping daft. It’s such a coincidence that pretty much every question involved some kind off aff link as the answer. Absolutely no shame.

Reactions: 15
Lily could have really unique and interesting content if she tried. She’s a 30 something living in a house share in London, which personally I think could make for interesting content. But she seems to begrudge sharing anything remotely personal online. I get that, I don’t like sharing that much online. But then I’m not making a living as an influencer. She really needs to decide what it is she wants, as at the moment it all seems very strained. I think she should either commit to being an influencer and start sharing more and interacting with her followers more, or just needs to leave it. I think sharing affiliate links would be fine if she did this along side a full time job, but she doesn’t appear to have anything else.

Reactions: 13
These influencers must think we’re all bleeping daft. It’s such a coincidence that pretty much every question involved some kind off aff link as the answer. Absolutely no shame.
Did you notice how one question was ‘where’s this dress from?’ Without any description or info, and she linked that same constellation embroidery one for the 10th time.

If you’re gonna fill your own Q&A Lily at least make an effort to make the questions seem more legit.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else remember when she was going on about buying in London? And then moved to Brighton and was going to buy there? Wtf happened
I think her circumstances have changed. I know she took a fair bit of time off social media all together and I’m sure that impacted her income/savings, as it would for most people.

I think her circumstances have changed. I know she took a fair bit of time off social media all together and I’m sure that impacted her income/savings, as it would for most people.
But you’d assume she was ready to go if she was talking about it online? It’s like that disappeared before she did

But you’d assume she was ready to go if she was talking about it online? It’s like that disappeared before she did
Oh 100%. It is odd, but i know how unpredictable life can be. I’d imagine she had saved a good amount at that stage, she was getting quite a few sponsorships, but yeah, her illness probably stopped her.

Did you notice how one question was ‘where’s this dress from?’ Without any description or info, and she linked that same constellation embroidery one for the 10th time.

If you’re gonna fill your own Q&A Lily at least make an effort to make the questions seem more legit.
She’s been banging on about that dress for a while now and she hasn’t even taken the tag off yet? Also saying that the dress is “so her” and the perfect cut blahblahblah then ending up wearing a different plain black dress after all 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else remember when she was going on about buying in London? And then moved to Brighton and was going to buy there? Wtf happened
It was all bravado to give the impression Lily was able to keep up with her influencer peers who were buying properties at the time.

Lily said she moved to Brighton from London because she couldn’t afford to rent a one bed flat in London, so in no position to buy.
Whilst living in Brighton Lily would often talk about buying property retrospectively after her hiatus Lily said she was financially struggling at this time, again in no position to buy.
Whilst living in Ludlow Lily talked about buying a house in Ludlow then moved to London around two months later.

Honestly, why does she do this to herself? 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She has two main problems:
1) her “unique” style isn’t unique any more as the whole scene/grunge look is actually quite cool now (I no longer get called a goth for wearing DMs) but,
2) she doesn’t have the actual style required to make it look cool. Fashion has come back around and now could be her time to revive her look if she had any actual genuine style but as she is basically a walking “things from asos in black/leopard” lookbook, even I, who others (and me tbf) would describe my “look” as that (loads of the stuff she shows I already own) don’t find her remotely aspirational or cool as I can also just search “leopard” or any item in black on asos on my own. That combined with the fact that she comes across as so insincere with absolutely no interest in actually engaging with her audience does not a good influencer make.

Does anyone know of any mildly alt influencers/fashion gals while we’re here?
Yes I'd be keen for some new people to follow, whilst I appreciate the look of the full on alt girls, it's just not for me but I still want some subtle alt inspo.

She is honestly doing my head in, I don't know why I still follow. You can't bang on all the time about being alternative when you're just pairing some box fresh docs with another new look dress! Also back when I started following her, around 2010 maybe, she was firmly what I would have called an indie Cindy with the ombre (always pronounced om bray) , press on nails and the rings, definitely no hint of the emo she's always claiming to be.

Reactions: 11
Her fringe doesn't look half as bad when it's straight. The flicked out thing she does is horrendous.

Reactions: 9
Her fringe doesn't look half as bad when it's straight. The flicked out thing she does is horrendous.
I was thinking the same - in the first couple of stories her fringe looks nice from the front. But before she went out she had flicked it out again, only the ends. I can’t believe it’s done on purpose!

I didn’t like the hair at first but I have to admit it’s not looked this clean in YEARS

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She’s had her fringe trimmed again, why is it cut so badly? I’d swear she cut it herself, it’s so blunt and choppy but not at allll in a good way

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.