Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Lily, will you ever tell the truth? Does she really expect her followers to believe her supposedly staying alone in London just happened to coincide with a social media break?

Nice of you to throw your housemates under a bus Lily, classy as always.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Back on insta, short hair looks good but she already wants extensions put in! More links heading our way!

She totally broke lockdown tier 4 etc and traveled back to her Mum's. No doubt her older brother did too.

Reactions: 2
Her hair looks very broken... needs a cut!! Or might just be because it's messy lol

Reactions: 1
Her hair looks very broken... needs a cut!! Or might just be because it's messy lol
Both? Influencer 's terrible broken hair (not just lily's) has always made me avoid those hair products and tools they are forever recommending.

Reactions: 2
I really hope she doesn’t try to go back that platinum blonde. She looks so much better with darker hair !!

Yeah plus her hair looks so broken from bleach/extensions. Going back to platinum blonde is not a good idea. That shot of her with her hair up? :eek:

Yeah so bad and heavy for your hair, the same thing happened to me a few years ago. She should just get clip ins and let her hair breathe for a bit 🙃

Yep! She reckons she was the first to discover ombré hair and disco pants.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Anyone see her 'update' on her cat? Seems a bit rude to call people horrible for speculating/asking about Aerys just because Lily completely stopped showing and mentioning her! She could've easily addressed it in the Q&A she did when she 'returned' instead of the 'woe is me' and calling other people horrible. Pff

Reactions: 10
To be fair I started reading her blog in like 2011 after googling how to ombré my hair but I don’t think I did a terrible job, bit orange maybe 🥴 and I bought disco pants in like 2012 because she wore disco pants. People like me probably fuel that idea for her

Reactions: 6
She just posted on stories that Aerys (sp?) is with her mum and she was upset someone asked if she’s dead. I do agree it is a bit weird to just DM someone asking if their pet is dead but like.... people are bound to speculate when you talk about your cat alllllll the time/post them on stories loads etc and then they just disappear completely one day, never to be seen again and you just never address it?!

Reactions: 10
Her passive aggressiveness in her stories is awful. I bet someone asked her in a nice way and she’s just being dramatic. It’s not horrible to speculate if her cat died or if she was living at her mum’s because she literally just stopped posting about her?? How can she expect people to not ask questions about stuff she would usually share all the time 🙄 she comes across as so entitled.

Reactions: 8
I don't really know what lily's understanding of her job is tbh, she does the intense "I'm a private person thing" when she chose to become an "influencer", she used to post daily vlogs of her day, she posted when she was in hospital recently. if you want to be a private person and use Instagram to make your livelihood then do it but stop treading this weird in-between line and acting like your followers are in the wrong for misunderstanding what kind of influencer you are. I follow plenty of people who's private lives I know nothing about nor do I care to because they create content about things outside of their private lives but Lily doesn't give us any content outside of hints of personal lifestyle things without elaborating?
I assumed her thinking it was reasonable to just post affiliate links all day to maintain a London lifestyle was her being on the way to doing something else in terms of content but now I don't even know what she's doing or if she's questioned the sustainability of her own income.

Reactions: 13
I don't really know what lily's understanding of her job is tbh, she does the intense "I'm a private person thing" when she chose to become an "influencer", she used to post daily vlogs of her day, she posted when she was in hospital recently. if you want to be a private person and use Instagram to make your livelihood then do it but stop treading this weird in-between line and acting like your followers are in the wrong for misunderstanding what kind of influencer you are. I follow plenty of people who's private lives I know nothing about nor do I care to because they create content about things outside of their private lives but Lily doesn't give us any content outside of hints of personal lifestyle things without elaborating?
I assumed her thinking it was reasonable to just post affiliate links all day to maintain a London lifestyle was her being on the way to doing something else in terms of content but now I don't even know what she's doing or if she's questioned the sustainability of her own income.
I was thinking about this today. Her content is just.... nothing? Literally at this point what is her Instagram supposed to be. It’s fine that she’s using Instagram to make money but you should at least provide some kind of interesting content to get the money but she just does nothing! It’s not even outfit posts anymore she just finds stuff she kind of likes on asos and posts a swipe up to it? I might finally unfollow once and for all

Reactions: 14
I was speaking to a friend who is really good friends with her and they said that she is also doing freelance stuff out of influencing for her income, but wouldn’t elaborate more on what that involves. 🧐 she’s in-genuine and doing “influencing” for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 12
I was speaking to a friend who is really good friends with her and they said that she is also doing freelance stuff out of influencing for her income, but wouldn’t elaborate more on what that involves. 🧐 she’s in-genuine and doing “influencing” for the wrong reasons.
That makes more sense. I guess she just figures may as well keep putting something out on Instagram while she can still make some money off of it. I know a lot of the big bloggers and YouTubers from ten years ago have become a bit less active it's astounding to me that Lily started at a time when it wasn't very profitable and doesn't seem to have ever really enjoyed it very much compared to someone like Zoe Sugg or Helen Anderson (not to say these two aren't without their faults) who seem to actually enjoy exercising some creativity. I always used to feel sorry for zoelondon who wasn't quite as charismatic and never managed anywhere near Lily's numbers despite appearing to put in double the effort.

Reactions: 13
She moans about posting personal stuff & gets offended when anyone asks her about something other than clothes but I enjoyed those stories a lot more than the constant affiliate links. People want content Lily, not link after to link to more crap from ASOS or Nasty Gal.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.