Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GingerSquid

I think they've just had their own lives and drifted back together as they've got older. I'm enjoying the podcast but sometimes it feels like lilly is far more articulate and knowledgeable than miquita and how little she knows about very subjects makes me laugh. I suppose I enjoy the banter between them, it's obviously genuine and they've a long shared history.

It often feels like a convo between Lily at 39 and Miquita in her Pop World days … she doesn’t seem to have matured that much! The way she talks seems a lot younger than she is!

Reactions: 17

Meringue22

VIP Member
I’ve never understood people hating on her. I find her a hugely impressive woman.

Her parents were absent and neglectful and despite her extremely difficult childhood she managed to make a success out of her life.

Her voice, lyrics and music are all very good, her political opinions are compassionate and grounded in an understanding of what it’s like to be at the sharp end of Tory policy. She refuses to be shamed for her mental health struggles.

In my eyes she is hands down one of the best feminists we have and it wouldn’t hurt for people to acknowledge this from time to time.

What I find even more impressive is that she’s sober, she happens to also be an amazing actress which would have taken a lot of courage to pursue seeing as she is sensitive to the (unfortunately inevitable) naysaying of others.

She obviously realised she messed up when her kids were little and now takes her role as mother seriously.

She’s good at interior design, has developed the absolute best vibrator 🤪 and s openly about female sexuality.

I love that she doesn’t over-use social media anymore she just goes to the gym and does Pilates, learns new crafts and keeps her dignity.

what a woman and what a lot of life she’s managed to squeeze into her short life so far.

I think she’s awesome.
---
I also disagree that if you choose fame, you choose toxic male journalists working night and day to drive you to suicide through bullying.

I don’t think anyone should have to deal with bullying no matter how famous they are. It’s such a fucked-up victim-blaming mentality that thinks all famous people deserve to be antagonised by the press.

Such low vibration idiocy.

She is thriving and I wish her all the very best.
I am mind blown 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

katie94bb

I hate to say it for the sake of her girls losing a figure in their lives but I can't see this marriage lasting. It was already a bizarre pairing but her behavior is so disturbing. The constant body checks and narcissism. Flaunting what seems like an eating disorder and pushing buttons about it when she has young impressionable girls to think of.

• Sad

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
I saw it last week, and she really isn’t great. She’s not bad, but her limitations are plain to see- the material is too complex for her. She doesn’t seem physically comfortable on stage, and is very one note- playing against Steve Pemberton really highlights her weaknesses as an actor and lack of emotional range. She was cast for her name, nothing more. It’s a great play (aside from Martin Mcdonagh’s casual racism which he does in almost every fucking script) which accounts for a lot of the love it’s getting. I didn’t read any reviews until after I’d seen it, and I’d say most of them are bang on. Get some acting lessons Lily.
She’s probably had acting lessons because she’s been in a few things now. I haven’t watched anything with her in it, except for a clip of the tv show she was recently in - really poor acting. Like, high school production level.

Unfortunately Lily thinks she’s far more talented than she actually is and doesn’t understand how much nepotism and good luck have awarded her her privileged lifestyle.

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
I might have the opposite of a foot fetish. I have rarely seen a pretty foot, even at the end of a most elegant and shapely leg. Lily's toes look like some sort of dumb creature you'd see waving around aimlessly in a rock pool at low tide.

I had to look up a piece from Roald Dahl's autobiography, which I hadn't read since I was a child, but I remembered a mad old character who hated feet. Fingers were disgusting to her, and so she peeled and ate oranges with a knife and fork, but TOES:
"Fingers are foul and filthy, but toes! Toes are reptilian and viperish!"

• Haha

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
And he looks like he farts like a wizard.
I'm usually a lurker on this thread but just wanted to say thank you for this comment - I'm having a really crap day and it's made me properly belly laugh 😂. And you're right, he does. But I wouldn't kick him out of bed for it

• Haha

KINGAA

VIP Member
Lily craved the media like that whole “primrose gang” - we crossed paths outside an event years ago, she ignored everyone in favour of talking and posing for paprazzi. She knew what she was doing and she was lapping it up!

She needed and used the press for her own gain, acting like it was not wanted on her behalf is a lie and the names she listed are not comparable at all. There were so many celebs around that time running in the same circles, same events but stayed out of the press because… they wanted to.

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
It's very nice. She looks fab. But if I'd been stalked, I wouldn't give any clues as to where I lived or the access points. Looks like the back garden has a fence out to a road.

dovelist

I don’t think it’s safe to say that at all. You don’t know her, you only know what she wants you to.
What I actually said was it’s safe to say it’s highly unlikely she was doing it when pregnant with the girls. Because most women wouldn’t especially having previously experienced stillbirth. Statistically more women don’t do drugs than do in pregnancy so the probability is already pointing towards it not being true. So that plus what happened in her first pregnancy is how I formed my opinion.

Source: being a human female on earth.

• Heart

frillylilly

Chatty Member
Yeah, I like Miquita but I'm confused about some of the stuff she says about her childhood. I don't doubt money was tight, as was raised by a single parent, but she's also said 'my mum was on the dole'. Again, it's there for when times are tough and you can't find work, but then she says her mum (and wider family) was starting a club night, or djing or trying to be a presenter or doing food and none of it quite adds up.

If it's just a case that her mum was a very young mum and wasn't sure what she wanted to do and was enjoying parting etc then just say.

I went into this liking Miquita more than Lily, but I do think Lily is better at acknowledging that while they didn't always (or Miquita, more so) have financial privileges as they grew up, they did have more industry connections that helped them later down the line

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I really try to be gracious towards her, because of what a prick her dad is, I only wish her well.
But in the past she’s made a big point about knowing how the press works.. so why tf is she doing all this?

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Disagree, she annoys the fuck out of me but this is the kind of harmful reporting that led to CF.
Not this again 🤦🏻‍♀️ Having watched CF’s documentary, endorsed by her family, there were many problems. However, this is not the thread.

Lily looks very ill.

ElaineDublin

Chatty Member
I dont agree. I think she looks fabulous. Fit and toned and like a woman who takes a lot of care of herself with a lot if money. Its such a contrast to how she used to look - fat and sweaty wearing trainers and puffing a fag
There is no way she’s healthy. I’d put my house on it her BMI is dangerously low. You only have to look at her anniversary picture. That was healthy.
IMG_0246.jpeg

megama101

Have you seen this article? She really said it, just wow.
There's something seriously wrong with David Harbour, since he married this creature who crawled straight out of hell.
Just... wow. Also, great parenting... spontaneously moving a man your two young daughters have never met into your home for six months... I'm sure they were super comfortable with that...

• Angry

femmegirly

Chatty Member
Her legs are like twigs.
True, but if you look at photos like this one from a few months before, you can see the difference. I’m not saying that Miquita is the picture of health now, but there’s no denying she’s put on weight and looks far healthier than Lily does. Her tummy looks healthy and there’s no ribs showing even though she’s reaching up. Not saying she doesn’t have an ED, but she’s clearly looking better than before.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
I don’t think her mum was a classy lady. She neglected Lily and was an addict. If Lily had suffered the childhood she’s had in a low income family she might have ended up in care. Everything she does is a reaction to early trauma and neglect.

• Heart
Reactions: 16