Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redfed

PR INVITE! PR F%*KING invite!!! I paid €137 for myself and three kids at Tayto Park yesterday and she gets it for nothing!!!! And then she doesn't even do a proper post. She says go check out so+so she has a great post on Tayto park.
I saw her yesterday and couldn't work out where I knew her from and it was actually the children that made me realise who she was (well actually it was the middle boy having a strop that made me cop it was her).
Tayto Park do not need to advertise. Fuming. Pure jealousy I know but Jesus like I work bloody hard and I don't have spare spends to throw about and yesterday was a big treat for my kids and then those that, appear to have plenty, get it for nothing.

Plus I forgot to add, follow Marymhanly if you have any speech and language questions. I messaged her once and she so kindly replied with a fantastic answer. This charlatan refuses to answer any questions and then charges vulnerable parents for online courses.

Reactions: 13

Barbara Gordon

You’d have to lol at the question box. “What do you want to see more of on my insta?”
Well I for one would love to see more Emma mattress ads? Maybe she’ll move a family of Ukrainians into her sparkly clean mansion, and she’ll show herself unboxing their Emma beds.
Or maybe she’ll show us how her self cleaning house works?

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Louber

Chatty Member
I followed Emma for quite a long time and had enough after last summer and all the paid vacays round ireland.

Isnt she just early to mid 30s? Pretty sure she's my age.. they're in a great place in life to have been able to buy their Dublin house in their late 20s, afford to renovate it, like in fairness I'd say it was some money pit. She only need work part time, the mom was her childminder in Dub so no extortionate creche fees, expensive clothes for the kids and good at spending on herself, loads of money to go on the house, driving a volvo (in Dub anyway). After a while it just stops feeling in any way relatable to ordinary, hard working, underpaid people like myself and so soo many others. I haven't followed but she seemed quite fond if the vino. I'd be such a lightweight but I wouldn't be able to function the next day after sloshing that back.

Reactions: 7

Barbara Gordon

Jaysus this one has nothing worth looking at any more. And her content is just so far removed from the reality Of an actual life with tiny humans. I can only imagine being home from work at half four to an immaculately clean mansion, not a child in sight, dinner cooked for me and throwing myself on the couch, not even having to close the f**king blinds because I had a remote control to do it for me. She’s some pain in the hole.
Of note- have ads dried up a bit, or have I been missing them?

Reactions: 7

Idontevengohere

Chatty Member
What turned me off her initially was that maybe a year or so ago she came on her stories moaning about how her sp posts and ads didn't get as much engagement as her regular posts and that if people enjoy her content they should be supportive of her making a few quid with sponsored posts etc.
I just thought it was ridiculous. I press like on things I like and I won't apologise for not giving a shit about whatever laundry detergent or toilet paper you're being paid to flog this week.
Just came across as very greedy and it pissed me off. Also tagging looking for the freebies now for the new house and going on and on about supporting small local businesses and sharing 1 million af links to amazon.
To her credit she does post some good content but recycles it a lot and obviously a lot of it is from other sources, be it Pinterest or other play pages.
Anyway, she was one of the few that were enjoyable but another to unfollow.

Reactions: 6

Bananarepublic

You are right. It seems to be the backs of the children lately. But still the damage is done and lets be honest she is still making money off the back of them. No pun intended 😬Shes shrewd I'd say and will do anything to make money she just isnt as in your face or obviously devious as others. But shes up there with terrie mcevoy in terms sell your soul for anything.

Cant-be-arsed

Is she on another gifted stay in the Brehon? That makes me really mad I know I sound like a begrudger but honestly it just gives me the rage when I see that and then ordinary people can’t afford a dinner in the local pub with the cost of living the way it is.

Idontevengohere

Chatty Member
You’d have to lol at the question box. “What do you want to see more of on my insta?”
Well I for one would love to see more Emma mattress ads? Maybe she’ll move a family of Ukrainians into her sparkly clean mansion, and she’ll show herself unboxing their Emma beds.
Or maybe she’ll show us how her self cleaning house works?
It's like the death knell for the insta huns. She's struggling since she realised people don't like to see kids being used as little money makers anymore.

Reactions: 5

Idontevengohere

Chatty Member
I remember her coming on stories before kind of politely moaning that people don't interact with her ad posts and if people like and find her content useful, it helps her if they interact with her ads etc. It really annoyed me because I'm pretty sure it was toilet paper she was flogging at the time and for one thing, how does one comment enthusiastically about the promotion of literal arse wipes, and another, nobody owes her likes or shares, they just don't.
Her content hasn't been great for a good while and whatever isn't an ad is recycled or you could find on Pinterest. I did like her once but nah, she's gone they way of them all now.

Cant-be-arsed

She got her own tattle thread and she also decided to stop posting on her page because of it. The page itself is still open with a lot of really good information it’s actually kind of a shame she stopped I enjoyed her. Not the constant shiteing on about her dog but the actual medical content was brilliant.

Her trip to Derry was all an AD too, I thought she was bringing the kids away on a random trip and was like cool, fun to watch to see it was all an AD prob free accommodation too.

• Heart
Lads she got paid 3 grand to promote riverfest 😯
I really wish influencers would have to call out whether they got something for free or got paid a sum of money (and ever better how much) to promote something. To me they are entirely different things and should have to differencient. It's a different ball game getting free tickets to something vs actually being paid to promote something.

Roz Purcell got paid 12 grand to promote the hidden heartlands last year too.

I'm just really wary now about anything getting promoted by these influencers now (and whether it's actually good) as of course they are going to say it's unreal if they got paid a massive amount of money and had special treatment there!! - then the rest of us Joe soaps turn up, have to pay for the event and get the bog standard treatment.

Now I know in the case this river fest was a free event but I hope you see my point - I'm referring to hotel stays, restaurants and the rest too.

Dreamycloud

Chatty Member
I'm on the fence about her.

She gave up her job to open her own clinic as she couldn't get the flex she wanted. She had her mother travelling from Clare to stay every week. Book a creche like the rest of us.

She only works 3 days but is constantly off. She took a nice break at Christmas & is off now again. When she does go to work she acts like she's the only parent who had to work. So tired in the office today. Lunch date with 1 of the kids. Sorry I haven't been on much. I'm working. Yes we get it Emma. You work. But have the luxury of childminder on tap & choosing your own hours.

The amount of stuff they have is insane & what she spends on matching outfits.....poor Andy will be wearing the same thing for 5 years.

Hmmmmm I got carried away there.

Bananarepublic

Her latest story made me laugh re the weather. Saw her in kilkee yesterday with the boys her mother and dog. She looked freezing sitting under a blanket and wearing a hoodie while the boys dug holes in the sand. Its all smoke and mirrors with these ones.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Idontevengohere

Chatty Member
I like Emma but i think as an intelligent woman she knows shes used her kids early years to make money and that weighs on her now maybe so the social media break etc. I know she doesnt show them anymore but id probably still recognise them if i seen them. that makes me so uncomfortable!
I agree. You shouldn't be able to recognise a strangers kids because of the volume of images on sm. It's funny, we brought the kids out for the day yesterday and stopped off at a pub for some dinner on the way home and there was a guy sitting at the table across from us. It was the dad of a girl I went to college with, I've never met him but he is all over her sm so I knew it was him. It's bizarre. Now obviously he is an informed, consenting adult, but still weird.

Idontevengohere

Chatty Member
What did Dr. Niamh say?
She was talking a lot about influencers using their children as content, and saying that it was not on. Her take was kind of focused on it being a form of child labour that is unregulated and that the companies are using these families to get around the child labour laws. Also its creepy how much we as strangers know about their kids, and she is not wrong, they haven't a bit of privacy. In fairness she stuck her neck out a bit because they're allnat it and I'd say they were fuming 🤣.

I like Emma but i think as an intelligent woman she knows shes used her kids early years to make money and that weighs on her now maybe so the social media break etc. I know she doesnt show them anymore but id probably still recognise them if i seen them. that makes me so uncomfortable!

Missy_t

I've mixed feelings about her. I like her content for the most part and think she puts in a lot of work. Works harder than a lot of other Instagrammers out there.

However, she gets an unbelievable amount of freebies. She's on a 2 week trip around Ireland and so far it's all been gifted. Huge rooms in really fancy hotels that I'm sure most of her followers couldn't afford (I know I couldn't). She also has an amazing support system (which in fairness she is grateful for) - can't believe her mother travels from Clare every week to mind her kids. She's always out for lovely dinners as well. I don't really think she is representative of the average mother of 3 young children.

I'm probably just jealous really!!