lifewithjadeedwards #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having a shower after having a baby is not hard. It’s a little painful and you’ll be sore but it’s doable and recommended for basic hygiene. Her baby (even if he has colic or reflux) will sleep for at least 10 mins in a 24hr period. If he doesn’t (which I highly doubt) she just needs to put him in a bouncy chair, face it towards the shower so she can see him and wash. Too many insta Mums spend all day slobbing around wondering why they are depressed when they don’t move off the sofa. Having a newborn is hard, your body hurts, your hormones are all over the show and a csection is major surgery but if someone can’t shower/brush their teeth they need to speak to their GP/Health Visitor ASAP as MH issues are at play. Social media has been the downfall of many Mum accounts because they believe that they must be a ‘slummy mummy’ to be relatable.

Reactions: 13
This is exactly it - hygiene is hard when mental ill health is at play or you're recovering physically or youre so exhausted you'd rather wait. (I struggled stepping in and out of the bath after forceps/episiotomy - its not just section recoveries at play).

Simply having a newborn doesnt make having a shower or wash hard.

Reactions: 5
This is exactly it - hygiene is hard when mental ill health is at play or you're recovering physically or youre so exhausted you'd rather wait. (I struggled stepping in and out of the bath after forceps/episiotomy - its not just section recoveries at play).

Simply having a newborn doesnt make having a shower or wash hard.
Yep I had a forceps delivery and it’s hard to stand straight but if it got infected I’d have been in a worse position. She wasn’t doing so well mentally pre birth so I imagine post birth she would struggle

Reactions: 6
I think I spent the first 3 months of my babies life sitting in the bath as her melon head ripped me to shreads 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think I spent the first 3 months of my babies life sitting in the bath as her melon head ripped me to shreads 🤣🤣
Same 😂😂 I think I was having about 3 sitz baths a day with Epsom salts just to take the bastard stinging away 🥴 33 weeks now and I am naaaat looking forward to that again!!

Reactions: 4
Ah god I remember those days! A forceps delivery was not fun. After my second they told me I’d tore in 3 place, I was like ‘are there even 3 places down there?!’ After a relatively easy, drug free birth I was puffing on gas an air for 90 mins whilst they stitched me up! After that I was like ‘we are done, no more kids!’

• Haha
Also without sounding gross I can’t speak for c-section births but vaginal births you bleed so wouldn’t you want to keep fresh and clean down there 🤢 if she had a bath/shower she’d feel so much better

Reactions: 3
Also without sounding gross I can’t speak for c-section births but vaginal births you bleed so wouldn’t you want to keep fresh and clean down there 🤢 if she had a bath/shower she’d feel so much better
You still bleed after a c-section. I showered twice a day with a newborn, it takes like 5 mins

You still bleed after a c-section. I showered twice a day with a newborn, it takes like 5 mins
Yep you bleed AND you have a wound to clean. I showered once if not twice day. I had no support from any one. Honestly she needs to keep that site clean 🤢

Reactions: 7
There’s no excuse if when rhod gets home she could at least do something, but she was always one to slob about the girl couldn’t even work full time

Yep keeping clean after birth is a huge must, it’s not something that anyone should put off. Everytime I went to the loo I had a jug of water and flannel at hand, gross but an infected fanny or csection scar is no joke!

Yep keeping clean after birth is a huge must, it’s not something that anyone should put off. Everytime I went to the loo I had a jug of water and flannel at hand, gross but an infected fanny or csection scar is no joke!
I was so conscious of my scar getting infected I was always making sure it was cleaned properly then dried properly, plus isn't showering basic hygiene!

I was so conscious of my scar getting infected I was always making sure it was cleaned properly then dried properly, plus isn't showering basic hygiene!
It’s totally basic hygiene but it seems like all these insta mums think it’s a the equivalent of climbing a mountain. Get in the shower/bath and wash! It takes 10 mins max. Baby with partner or bring the baby in and place in bouncy chair.

I really don't get it either. I've never gone without getting clean with my two, not whilst they were young anyway. And once they got older and less easy to contain then I just would just have a very very quick shower

Reactions: 1
It’s totally basic hygiene but it seems like all these insta mums think it’s a the equivalent of climbing a mountain. Get in the shower/bath and wash! It takes 10 mins max. Baby with partner or bring the baby in and place in bouncy chair.
There literally is no excuse at all x

No time to bathe her fanny but can get on the gram and filter her baine for a story. No time to wash her chebs but can post a photo to her grid with an instamumhun type arrangement for RiVeR.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hmm I’m not blocked but has she got a new page? The last post I can see is the birth announcement, and no stories?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.