LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no interest in anything Cristo says. He can be a vile piece of work too when he wants to be.

I think Steve has found himself being the main news of the day. Dr Alex has written a letter to LBC in his role as a Youth mental Health Ambassador.

He didn't go off because of what he said about Meghan Markle.
I know, but the timing was interesting. There were lots of complaints about it. LBC have always had his back. His nasty, bitchy queen act may have gone too far this time.

Reactions: 1
Steve concentrated on food & other nonsense this morning.
"106 yr old War Veteran has been awarded lifetime membership of The Natural Trust, free access to attractions & free parking" :oops:
"Copious amounts of Fries at 5 Guys"

Cliff Richard's double decker bus in Summer Holiday...." I could live in that"

To be fair, the times he's said stuff about Gemma Collins' weight and nothing has been said at all, yet Gordon Ramsay's daughter is called chubby and all hell breaks loose. I wonder who reported on it initially. As I said previously, I think it's blown up because she's on Strictly, which is a popular show. If she wasn't I doubt this would have been given a mention.

Reactions: 6
To be fair, the times he's said stuff about Gemma Collins' weight and nothing has been said at all, yet Gordon Ramsay's daughter is called chubby and all hell breaks loose. I wonder who reported on it initially. As I said previously, I think it's blown up because she's on Strictly, which is a popular show. If she wasn't I doubt this would have been given a mention.
I just think the Ramsay family have a very savvy agent/publicist. Steve's been sniping at Strictly contestants and dancers for years. His irrational dislike of Anton du Beke amounts to a vendetta.

Reactions: 4
"Time for this Ferrari to drive off" very sharp from Nick Ferrari :):)

Meanwhile James in his 9::45 promo seems to have had one of those mornings where something must have seemed clever in his mind but just came out as a word salad.

I know, but the timing was interesting. There were lots of complaints about it. LBC have always had his back. His nasty, bitchy queen act may have gone too far this time.
I would think a lifetime of being Gordon Ramsey's daughter would have a far bigger negative impact on her MH than a throwaway comment on a 4 am radio programme.

I have no interest in anything Cristo says. He can be a vile piece of work too when he wants to be.

I liked Cristo a lot because he was prepared to talk on any subject and didn't mind disclosing less than flattering things about himself. If all presenters get coralled into following a bland company line it'll be very dull indeed.

Reactions: 8
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I see Steve has made an enemy of Gordon Ramsay, after calling his daughter Tilly, a chubby little thing.
Its sheer audacity of a 67 year old man thinking he has the right to comment on a 19 year olds body and pass his opinion on it.

It's not like he is the owner of a desirable body either.

Reactions: 3
Well her dad's not body shaming her in public.He just gets angry on telly about dinner.
Gordon has made a media career out of being an angry person bullying and shouting at people. Lost count how many times he's called people stupid or an idiot. He's busy calling Fred Sirieix a frog in their current programme. I love Gordon Ramsey but lets not pretend he's been a bastion of kindness over the years.

As for Jason Manford he's only got the arse because Steve ripped into him many times over his sexting and videos and the fact he had to resign from The One Show because of it.

Cristo was the producer of the infamous Loose Women episode that saw Coleen Nolan and her sister bullying Kim Woodburn viciously and led to Coleen having to take a sabbatical. That episode got so many complaints but when it first finished airing Cristo tweeted how brilliant it was!!

As @Maggie Moggy said, there is a lot of schadenfreude floating around and Steve needs to suck it up.

I'm going to stop now because I keep getting accused of defending Steve when I'm not. Having a go at someone like Tilly is crossing a line.

I think Steve has being lucky he hasn’t being called out more on some of the other horrible things he’s said before. I think like had already being said, Tilly is only 19.

Gordon has made a media career out of being an angry person bullying and shouting at people. Lost count how many times he's called people stupid or an idiot. He's busy calling Fred Sirieix a frog in their current programme. I love Gordon Ramsey but lets not pretend he's been a bastion of kindness over the years.

As for Jason Manford he's only got the arse because Steve ripped into him many times over his sexting and videos and the fact he had to resign from The One Show because of it.

Cristo was the producer of the infamous Loose Women episode that saw Coleen Nolan and her sister bullying Kim Woodburn viciously and led to Coleen having to take a sabbatical. That episode got so many complaints but when it first finished airing Cristo tweeted how brilliant it was!!

As @Maggie Moggy said, there is a lot of schadenfreude floating around and Steve needs to suck it up.

I'm going to stop now because I keep getting accused of defending Steve when I'm not. Having a go at someone like Tilly is crossing a line.
I agree, some of these guys are just as hypocritical too.

He probably should apologise. He won’t though.

I think Steve has being lucky he hasn’t being called out more on some of the other horrible things he’s said before. I think like had already being said, Tilly is only 19.

I agree, some of these guys are just as hypocritical too.

He probably should apologise. He won’t though.
The thing is, if you're in the spotlight people will pass judgements on you, on social media people are going to troll you. Unfortunately if you cannot grow a thicker skin, do not put yourself out there. It is all a part of the job of showbiz.

People on social media are coming back at Steve Allen with worse comments and vitriol about his physical appearance, so a lot of people are hypocrites. As the saying goes, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one - be it positive or negative.

Reactions: 8
The thing is, if you're in the spotlight people will pass judgements on you, on social media people are going to troll you. Unfortunately if you cannot grow a thicker skin, do not put yourself out there. It is all a part of the job of showbiz.

People on social media are coming back at Steve Allen with worse comments and vitriol about his physical appearance, so a lot of people are hypocrites. As the saying goes, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one - be it positive or negative.
Completely accept this. The be kind argument kind if turns on its side when you replace bile with more bile.

But, I think this one has backfired on Steve and a lot of the people he's had a pop at through the years are jumping on the pile. At the end of the day, she is 19, and appearing on a family time dance show. The comments aren’t coming from a social media troll, there coming from a well paid, hugely experienced broadcaster on one of the countries biggest radio station. As I say, I like Steve, but he’s wrong on this.

That's the truth of it. If you're in the public eye for whatever reason people will comment. It doesn't matter if you're a politician, an influencer, an actor, a member of the Royal Family etc etc. It really the worst side of fame.

I also find it amusing that most of the people calling out Steve are replying with horrid comments about his appearance but that seems to be lost on most of them.

Reactions: 7
"She's a chubby little thing". Well she is. LOL. Geeezus. It's less of an insult and more of a statement of fact. Still, pretty unnecessary thing to say. He should probably leave now anyway, start up a youtube channel or something. Still, he is better than one of the blokes they have on sometimes who replaces him, bleeping awful.

Reactions: 4

No I agree with all of this. You can point out the hypocrisy of a lot involved with this without defending what he said.

Reactions: 3
If Jo Brand can get away with advocating throwing acid over someone I'm sure Steve will be fine.

It will be forgotten about by Monday. Tilly will get loads of votes and love on Saturday.

As for the tweets, he hasn't tweeted like for while so maybe that has already been dealt with.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.