Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I think the situation has got a bit out of hand now - Steve was being an idiot when he said that but with the coverage continuing everywhere, it almost feels like he's committed murder.

Reactions: 11

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I think Steve has being lucky he hasn’t being called out more on some of the other horrible things he’s said before. I think like had already being said, Tilly is only 19.

I agree, some of these guys are just as hypocritical too.

He probably should apologise. He won’t though.
The thing is, if you're in the spotlight people will pass judgements on you, on social media people are going to troll you. Unfortunately if you cannot grow a thicker skin, do not put yourself out there. It is all a part of the job of showbiz.

People on social media are coming back at Steve Allen with worse comments and vitriol about his physical appearance, so a lot of people are hypocrites. As the saying goes, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one - be it positive or negative.

Reactions: 8

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
He's 'SAFE' (for now)! According to the DM. As 'rivals at the station call for his dismissal'. LOL. Typical showbiz types, like rats in a sack. I've said this in
another thread, Steve is on from 4am - 7am he just talks utter shite (imo). I just turn off if I get irritated as I wake up. He just talks bollocks. Sometimes it's quite entertaining bollocks. But who on EARTH would take his opinion to heart? It's mind boggling and it's cynical to pretend to get upset about what this old dame prattles on about. Doubly so in Tilly's case considering the amount of abuse her father has espoused over the years to build a showbiz profile.

I read John Waite, the bloke who bakes cakes and is on Strictly, called Steve 'a piece of old sandpaper, worn-out and no use anymore'. Why to gay men get so bitchy? Steve has been in showbiz for over 30 years I imagine, John baked a few cakes and now he think's he's the big deal. No mate, you ain't.

karma4klattie

VIP Member
I know, but the timing was interesting. There were lots of complaints about it. LBC have always had his back. His nasty, bitchy queen act may have gone too far this time.
I would think a lifetime of being Gordon Ramsey's daughter would have a far bigger negative impact on her MH than a throwaway comment on a 4 am radio programme.

I have no interest in anything Cristo says. He can be a vile piece of work too when he wants to be.

I liked Cristo a lot because he was prepared to talk on any subject and didn't mind disclosing less than flattering things about himself. If all presenters get coralled into following a bland company line it'll be very dull indeed.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
You what?

Sorry but people outraged over Steve being critical of someone else's body then going on to be critical of Steve's body are idiots. That's literally the dictionary definition of hypocrisy. Anyone that doesn't understand that is a fool.
Well, quite. ⬆

To be honest I thinks it's turning into a vendetta now.

And I'll say again, who told Tilly and why because she certainly wasn't listening at 4am to LBC but the publicity over the past 3 days has done wonders for her.

'Colleagues' are calling for him to be sacked are they? What colleagues would that be? The colleagues who tweeted 'shoot them', the colleague who has a conviction for assault, the colleague who threatened airline staff if they forced him to wear a mask ?

Reactions: 7

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I just cannot listen to Nick Ferrari. His "interviewing" skills are appalling, he comes to his conclusion before even listening to the persons response and then constantly interrupts them. He's so arrogant and rude and unwilling to even listen to another perspective let alone learn from it. I caught the last few minutes of Nick Abbott who was basically stating that unless these climate activists protested in a disruptive (but still peaceful & non-violent) manner then the press would not give any attention to something that is extremely important unfortunately, then out comes a preview of Nick Ferrari's show with the same arrogant, outraged, dominating nonsense as usual, such a contrast. LBC is such a mixed bag.
This is Tattle where all opinions are allowed without ridicule or hostility. Unlike a certain other forum thread where only those who agree with the ruling clique are allowed to comment.

Feel free to say what you mean and mean what you say.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I was listening to Maajid this afternoon.

I am genuinely interested in how long he can stay at LBC. He sounds like a conspiracy theory nutcase. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he goes too far.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
And they genuinely can't see the hypocrisy because they believe X is fair game unlike others that they've decided are offlimits.

Happens all the time on tattle, someone feels it fine to hag off Mrs hinch, but if the exact same comment is made about Stacy Solomon they think it's unacceptable 🤷‍♀️
The thing is, as I said about Tilly's dad, Gordon, he was a right prick back in the day. Calling women bimbos and bitches on hell's kitchen, but never once was he cancelled. Instead he was rewarded with TV show after TV show, even getting kitchen nightmares off the back of it. Unbelievable how some will get rewarded and others cancelled. Different times I guess. Hell's kitchen was about about a decade ago or more.

Eureka

VIP Member
I love Steve. Now in saying that being mean about a teenage girls weight is a shitty thing to do and all but asking for him to be sacked is completely ridiculous. Other people have said worse so why everyone is jumping on a fairly tame word I don’t know. Mountain and molehill spring to mind.

Laurst

VIP Member
I usually listen to Steve's odd rants and raves and rambles when I can't sleep, and do laugh sometimes, however the thing with Tilly was too far. She's a young girl, Steve.

FoxyBingo

VIP Member
I must admit, listening to Steve witter on rather than be insulting is far more enjoyable. It's lighthearted chit chat which makes such a difference to all the doom and gloom going on in the world. Like him or loathe him, you don't spend years in a job unless you're good at it - and he must be an asset to LBC given the public outcry to sack him after the Tilly scandal (I'm glad that has died down!).

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
The thing is, if you're in the spotlight people will pass judgements on you, on social media people are going to troll you. Unfortunately if you cannot grow a thicker skin, do not put yourself out there. It is all a part of the job of showbiz.

People on social media are coming back at Steve Allen with worse comments and vitriol about his physical appearance, so a lot of people are hypocrites. As the saying goes, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one - be it positive or negative.
That's the truth of it. If you're in the public eye for whatever reason people will comment. It doesn't matter if you're a politician, an influencer, an actor, a member of the Royal Family etc etc. It really the worst side of fame.

I also find it amusing that most of the people calling out Steve are replying with horrid comments about his appearance but that seems to be lost on most of them.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Yes, I have managed to hang on ( CC over there ) I won’t post anymore, though, because of a recent banning incident…plus their bullying tactics which were fully supported by the Mods !! It is now the anti Brexit/Boris political hate thread.
I wish they would stop playing that advert for James O’Brien’s latest interview with Kier’s 2nd in command !! Hearing that pompous voice hits a nerve.
Come and play here. We're much nicer. They do all the things they accuse everyone else of doing. Nick Ferrari's physical appearance gets a regular mention.

I was listening to Shelagh today discussing the incident with Jewish kids in Oxford Street celebrating Hanukkah. That hasn't garnered much attention at all. Likewise when there was someone just randomly attacking Orthodox Jewish people in the public a little while ago where one poor man was knocked unconscious just walking down the street. David Baddiel is right.

• Heart

Lambeth Walk

I don't agree with everything Alex says, but his take on it is interesting. Someone from the station leaked it? Hmm.

Spot on. Everything he says in that video is true. I stopped listening to LBC after 40 odd years following the departure of Nigel Farage. I'd already stopped listening to just about every other radio show on there anyway and this was the last straw. Everything has become so politically correct in this age of common purpose, or cultural marxism or whatever you like to call it. Look at that forum we used to post on how they censured and closed down the political forums.

Youtube is a better alternative now (although not ideal with its liberal algorithms) with channels like Alex's, though I'm not keen on his live broadcasts.

I agree also, I think we can guess who the 'journalist' at LBC was that leaked it. Someone Steve Allen used to call 'Dave' I believe. I assume that's all stopped now?

Steve has said far, far worse over the years. As recent as yesterday he commented about how people calling themselves British ‘didn’t look very British’ and during the retreat of Afghanistan ‘everyone that matters is out now’. He described Sarah Harding as being ‘riddled with cancer’ when her stage 4 diagnosis was announced and has spent many, many hours ridiculing 10 year old Harper Beckham.

No one seems to care about these things.
It doesn't seem that long ago when Steve regularly used to refer to Eamon Holmes as Eamon 'fat boy fat' Holmes. Don't remember there ever being a fuss over that. Or Kerry Katona was always changed to Kerry Coke-tona. Some of those TOWIE girls used to get a right roasting too. Still no fuss.

As others have said, storm in a teacup over nothing as the publicity machine spins it for the Strictly Come Dancing season. This rubbish has obviously got a bigger influence than I thought it still had.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Heads are exploding & paranoid conspiracy theories abound about a caller to LBC who's relative suffered due to insulate protesters blocking the road.
Absolutely bonkers
To live with that level of cynicism is quite sad really. To be that sceptical about everything.

Whatever the ins and outs of that call, which has been promoted non stop on LBC, the actions of those protestors left the caller and his mother seriously distressed. I'll wager he didn't just sit there doing nothing thinking 'I'll just phone LBC to moan.' Some people seem to think calling an ambulance was the answer when the reason why he was in the car with his mother in the first place was because there were no ambulances available!!

Yel

Chatty Member
You'd think global would have said something by now. Has nick f made any reference to it?

I'm sorry but if you are big enough to bully, you need to deal with consequences and don't get to hide behind "be kind"
Has Steve said be kind?

I'm not an "absolute idiot" but I'm struggling to see how he has the audacity to call her chubby when he looks how he does and isn't exactly sporting a perfect body weight either?
You what?

Sorry but people outraged over Steve being critical of someone else's body then going on to be critical of Steve's body are idiots. That's literally the dictionary definition of hypocrisy. Anyone that doesn't understand that is a fool.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I pop Steve on the Alexa usually when I can't sleep, and sometimes catch up on the podcasts, and I think he brings light relief. He's always talking about food! Not good when you're listening at 5am and your belly starts to rumble....
He usually puts me off food tbh ... I'm really not salivating with the thought of mince, beans, cheese and cream :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick