LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the end is nigh for Steve…
The thing is, he's done this to himself. Sabotaged his own career. He could stick to talking about stories in the paper without mentioning anybody's weight or appearance. These days if you speak about someone's appearance the pitchforks come out. But this is something he should be highly aware of. I personally don't agree with the highly sensitive way things are these days, but that's the way society is going and I guess Steve has to change it up a little or risk being 'cancelled.'

Reactions: 3
It's somewhat surprising Steve has carried on so long without a backlash like this. His show is pretty similar in tattle and pretty bitchy. Every other month for years now there's a story in the national press about how mean comments are affecting celebs and the site should get taken down. Big difference though memebers of the public being bitchy about celebs compared to a radio station that people often have to listen to in cabs. Steve loves to go on about trolls, aka anyone that doesn't agree with him.

His whole format is outdated, it was never going to last.

The funniest bit is all the people saying mean things about his weight and looks who are too stupid to realise they're guilty of what they're berating someone else of. Absolute idiots that can't see it and assume they're right 🤪

Reactions: 5
Has Christo actually spoken about Steve this week on his show?

Screenshot_20211021-230936_Twitter.jpg

Edit he did today, not getting much support from the talk radio listeners.

Edit he did today, not getting much support from the talk radio listeners.
A lot of the TalkRadio listeners don't seem to support anyone with a viewpoint different to theirs and only seem to like presenters such as Julia HB, Mike Graham & Kevin O'Sullivan, plus some seem to have 0 understanding of Ofcom rules. I find the reception to people like Trisha, Rob Rinder and even Cristo to be a bit hostile (what did Rob Rinder ever do wrong in their book? Just because he's not a shock jock like Mike Graham?). I'd like to think it's healthier to listen to a variety of different presenters which is why I try to listen to both LBC & Talk.

Now Gemma Collins is getting in on the act. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...hamed-gemma-collins-tilly-ramsay-b961846.html The pressure must be mounting on LBC to at least suspend him.
I would have thought if they were going to do that, they would have done so straight away. It would look as if Global didn't mind initially, but now have decided he should be rested, becuase what a few people have said. Would that stop him criticising on other stars - in which case his 'act' will have gone, so he may as well resign?

Reactions: 1
LBC must be the only media outlet that hasn't mentioned it!
Interesting that Cristo is covering the story. I think Cristo is on friendly terms with Dawn Neesom, even co-presented a couple times on the weekend the last couple months. She is definitely the type to defend Steve on this, and I think she even listens to, and writes into Steve's show.

More stories out this morning; the sun saying an anonymous coworkers want him gone.

I guess he was on as per usual but not bitching about celebs this morning? Global have defended him for so long saying that's just Steve, will anything really change?

His colleagues were hoping Steve, 67, would be axed for good, a staffer working at the station told The Sun.
The source said: “Steve’s outdated and archaic comments have been allowed to continue for far too long and plenty of people want him out.

“There’s free speech and then there is calling a teenage girl fat live on the radio. Plenty of people think it’s time he was given his marching orders because this isn’t the first time he’s made unacceptable comments on air and hasn’t been reprimanded.
“He should issue an apology at the least — but people want him gone.
“He’s bringing the reputation of the station down.”

The thing is, if
Completely accept this. The be kind argument kind if turns on its side when you replace bile with more bile.

But, I think this one has backfired on Steve and a lot of the people he's had a pop at through the years are jumping on the pile. At the end of the day, she is 19, and appearing on a family time dance show. The comments aren’t coming from a social media troll, there coming from a well paid, hugely experienced broadcaster on one of the countries biggest radio station. As I say, I like Steve, but he’s wrong on this.
I dont buy into this "be kind" mantra bullshit. Mainly because its peddled out by people who are called out for their own crappy behaviour and they don't like it. I've seen so many "celebs" and Instagrammers fake crying over trolls and how everyone has to "be kind" when they themselves have been responsible for doxing people who have pointed out something theyve done wrong (not naming anyone Mrs Hinch) or if someone doesn't agree with them, they turn nasty themselves then cry 2 hours later about being kind.

It absolutely dilutes the meaning of be kind!

And everyone chuckling about how people are commenting on his appearance after berating him for saying the same about Tilly also annoy me and implying they are doing the same thing, also annoy me!

Fact is if someone is publicly known and feels the need to call out someone's appearance, as he did, then he really ought to be prepared to receive the same back why on earth does he think he has the right to even pass that comment?! Who the fresh hell does he think he is?!

I can't believe people are even defending him. He's a vile man and gets his kicks fr being a prick.

I'm embarrassed for people who support this mysoginistic behaviour and then call people "too sensitive" then insist people "be kind"

I'm sorry but if you are big enough to bully, you need to deal with consequences and don't get to hide behind "be kind"

It's somewhat surprising Steve has carried on so long without a backlash like this. His show is pretty similar in tattle and pretty bitchy. Every other month for years now there's a story in the national press about how mean comments are affecting celebs and the site should get taken down. Big difference though memebers of the public being bitchy about celebs compared to a radio station that people often have to listen to in cabs. Steve loves to go on about trolls, aka anyone that doesn't agree with him.

His whole format is outdated, it was never going to last.

The funniest bit is all the people saying mean things about his weight and looks who are too stupid to realise they're guilty of what they're berating someone else of. Absolute idiots that can't see it and assume they're right 🤪
I'm not an "absolute idiot" but I'm struggling to see how he has the audacity to call her chubby when he looks how he does and isn't exactly sporting a perfect body weight either?

Or do you expect people to accept it and say nothing because it's more important to stay quiet and "be kind"?

It's typical double standards that is so ingrained into society that it actually allows for mysoginistic comments to remain and to be acceptable because we couldn't possibly upset someone after they have done it.

Hopefully he learns that he doesnt get free reign to say what he likes, however he sadly belongs to the club where people are considered snowflakes for getting annoyed at things and its easier to label them hysterical etc etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
You'd think global would have said something by now. Has nick f made any reference to it?

I'm sorry but if you are big enough to bully, you need to deal with consequences and don't get to hide behind "be kind"
Has Steve said be kind?

I'm not an "absolute idiot" but I'm struggling to see how he has the audacity to call her chubby when he looks how he does and isn't exactly sporting a perfect body weight either?
You what?

Sorry but people outraged over Steve being critical of someone else's body then going on to be critical of Steve's body are idiots. That's literally the dictionary definition of hypocrisy. Anyone that doesn't understand that is a fool.

Reactions: 6
You'd think global would have said something by now. Has nick f made any reference to it?

Has Steve said be kind?
No but everybody defending him is and also saying that they shouldn't be commenting on his appearance.

They then go on to tell people to stop being snowflakes and being sensitive.

But you know, be kind 🙄

You what?

Sorry but people outraged over Steve being critical of someone else's body then going on to be critical of Steve's body are idiots. That's literally the dictionary definition of hypocrisy. Anyone that doesn't understand that is a fool.
Well, quite. ⬆

To be honest I thinks it's turning into a vendetta now.

And I'll say again, who told Tilly and why because she certainly wasn't listening at 4am to LBC but the publicity over the past 3 days has done wonders for her.

'Colleagues' are calling for him to be sacked are they? What colleagues would that be? The colleagues who tweeted 'shoot them', the colleague who has a conviction for assault, the colleague who threatened airline staff if they forced him to wear a mask ?

Reactions: 7
If Steve was to be given the boot, I wonder what he would do. He isn't good with technology, so setting up his own podcast would be unlikely. BBC radio stations wouldn't touch him I'd imagine. talkRadio I doubt would need him, but they'd be the most likely to take him on for the 4am slot.

If Steve was to be given the boot, I wonder what he would do. He isn't good with technology, so setting up his own podcast would be unlikely. BBC radio stations wouldn't touch him I'd imagine. talkRadio I doubt would need him, but they'd be the most likely to take him on for the 4am slot.
It wouldn't take much help to set up a podcast, although does he really have enough spikers to make it worthwhile?

With talk radio, talk TV and GB news there's potentially somewhere else for him.

Although it's lbc / globals fault, it was only a matter of time before a snippet of his show was taken and went viral. If he and lbc decided not to modernise the show then it was going to face cancel culture.

If any presenter did refer to it, it would be J O'B. He has no problem slagging off colleagues. No names, of course, but veiled references so that everybody knows to whom he's referring. He virtually led the campaign to get rid of Farage and Hopkins. Ferrari is the latest. I've been half expecting Jobbie to bring up the topic of fat-shaming teenagers!

As for co-workers saying he should be sacked: there must be hundreds of people working at Global Towers. It would be a miracle if all of them liked Steve Allen.

Reactions: 2
It wouldn't take much help to set up a podcast, although does he really have enough spikers to make it worthwhile?

With talk radio, talk TV and GB news there's potentially somewhere else for him.

Although it's lbc / globals fault, it was only a matter of time before a snippet of his show was taken and went viral. If he and lbc decided not to modernise the show then it was going to face cancel culture.
I couldn't see Steve going anywhere but LBC tbh.

What I can't bear is this culture of everyone needs to be fired! Should Steve be reprimanded or given a warning? Yes. Should he be advised that his show needs some changes? Yes. Fired? No.

As for co-workers saying he should be sacked: there must be hundreds of people working at Global Towers. It would be a miracle if all of them liked Steve Allen.
Exactly, Roman Kemp has commented on insta (Steve's praised him before hasn't he?) and I'm sure loads of others have no problem with publicly saying they don't like bus show.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.