LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe you can arrange for us to visit Colin's place. We can look jealously at the signed photos of NF, along with messages from him. I think it would be a day out that nobody would forget!
I can speak to my contacts & sneak you in Big One, you'll need to bring your own Mace Spray though 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Steve's been very insistent that he doesn't let anyone near him on the bus, spreading himself over 2 seats, coughing or putting his bag on the seat next to him 😁
I can just picture him moving about on the bus from one seat to another, giving the person the side eye, carrying his little reusable shopping bag πŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I can speak to my contacts & sneak you in Big One, you'll need to bring your own Mace Spray though 😁
Couldn't we borrow the girls?!

I thought we could all (or as many as feasible) could all go together. He would be so delighted that we want to meet him !

• Wow
In a Radio Times article, Jane Garvey has said her favourite podcast is Steve Allen's - little bit extra.
Steve's very excited :D
Starbucks has six different types of milk
Thailand has Burger King!
Rowntree Jelly
Lifebuoy Soap
Maureen Lipman

He always seems to be getting notifications from the lottery haha. Either he's bullshitting or spends quite a bit on lottery tickets.

Also, is it normal to speak as though god children are actually the person's children? He speaks as if they are his children. Not judging, just curious really as I've no idea what the relationship between godparents and godchildren are supposed to be like.
When I used to listen to him he would say things like "my 12 year old..." meaning one of his god children. I found it weird.

Such a strange thing to mention/admit to. He cuts tomatoes with kitchen scissors? potatoes? Bread? He only uses sliced bread? Apples? Oranges? Lemons?
I am sure everything he eats is ready prepared.

Reactions: 4
I see Steve has made an enemy of Gordon Ramsay, after calling his daughter Tilly, a chubby little thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I see Steve has made an enemy of Gordon Ramsay, after calling his daughter Tilly, a chubby little thing.
I'm not surprised! I heard him say it the other day and I wasn't very happy. She's 19 years old just going about her business and I did think 'leave her alone Steve'.

The difference, for me anyway, is when he's having a go at Gemma Collins I think she just thrives on all that and has spent her whole career talking about her weight, advertising things like skinny jabs and generally being ridiculous.

I usually listen to Steve's odd rants and raves and rambles when I can't sleep, and do laugh sometimes, however the thing with Tilly was too far. She's a young girl, Steve.

Reactions: 7
The article in the Daily Mail is very amusing, well, the comments section anyway.

I saw one that said about Steve 'What do you expect from a Vicious lefty.' and 'imagine if someone said that about his kids'.

It's obvious so many don't have any idea who Steve is, quell surprise. Some also pointing out that Gordon hasn't exactly been complimentary to various people over the years.

What I always find interesting is, who told her about what Steve said? He's on at 4am in the morning and I'm guessing your average 19 year old isn't a spiker. His comment could have easily been forgotten about 2 minutes after he said it. The cynical side of me wonders if it's used for publicity. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Still, I didn't like it he said it about her. I wonder if he'll read out his own news story tomorrow. I doubt it.

The article in the Daily Mail is very amusing, well, the comments section anyway.

I saw one that said about Steve 'What do you expect from a Vicious lefty.' and 'imagine if someone said that about his kids'.

It's obvious so many don't have any idea who Steve is, quell surprise. Some also pointing out that Gordon hasn't exactly been complimentary to various people over the years.

What I always find interesting is, who told her about what Steve said? He's on at 4am in the morning and I'm guessing your average 19 year old isn't a spiker. His comment could have easily been forgotten about 2 minutes after he said it. The cynical side of me wonders if it's used for publicity. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Still, I didn't like it he said it about her. I wonder if he'll read out his own news story tomorrow. I doubt it.
TBH she actually is a chubby little thing but he also said she can't dance. He should watch the show and he'd see that she certainly can dance. She's also very sweet and well mannered but I guess Steve doesn't take that sort of thing into account.
I'd guess it's the Express stirring things. They probably got in touch with her agent and asked for a quote.

Front and centre in the Mail ...

Haha oh πŸ˜† as if Steve has been called out for his comments. That has never happened before, at least since I've been listening. Wow. 😳

Steve, a lefty? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

To be fair, when people say Gordon Ramsay hasn't room to talk, they are right.

Last edited:
In a Radio Times article, Jane Garvey has said her favourite podcast is Steve Allen's - little bit extra.
Steve's very excited :D
Starbucks has six different types of milk
Thailand has Burger King!
Rowntree Jelly
Lifebuoy Soap
Maureen Lipman
I know it is from a different parish but Jane used to be good on the radio. She and Peter Allen used to do a very good Drivetime show on BBC 5Live

On the face of it that looks a cheap shot.

But in the media world it does get them both publicity so I wonder if there is more to this.....

Tilly Ramsay fights back against criticism of her appearance - CBBC Newsround

Last edited:
Haha oh πŸ˜† as if Steve has been called out for his comments. That has never happened before, at least since I've been listening. Wow. 😳

Steve, a lefty? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

To be fair, when people say Gordon Ramsay hasn't room to talk, they are right.

Pretty horrendous. Steve is getting a lot of hate on Tilly's post, I think he has to address it tomorrow morning. Almost impossible not to?

Reactions: 2
Pretty horrendous. Steve is getting a lot of hate on Tilly's post, I think he has to address it tomorrow morning. Almost impossible not to?
I'm pretty sure he won't mention it. He'll carry on as if nothing has happened. He never has before.

I think all the LBC presenters get into hot water at times. It's the nature of the beast especially with opinions being their stock and trade. Nick Ferrari for his 'Why don't you leave this country?' comments, Shelagh's Twitter cock up of posting 'Shoot Them' to Trump supporters and the mother of all of them, James O'Brien and Frank Lampard. I'm not even mentioning Maajd. Makes Steve's 'she's a chubby little thing' seem rather tame.

Reactions: 4
Front and centre in the Mail ...

Blimey, they've given him the full tabloid treatment there, dragging up previous offences. He's really picked the wrong moment to get called out on unjustified spite, just as we're all supposed to be nice to each other. I don't care what he says about the some so-called celebs but for every Katie Price he slags off the are many Tilly Ramsays who don't deserve it.

Steve Allen is trending on Twitter 🀭 he’s not has this much notoriety since the comment over the donkey.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.