LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If any presenter did refer to it, it would be J O'B. He has no problem slagging off colleagues. No names, of course, but veiled references so that everybody knows to whom he's referring. He virtually led the campaign to get rid of Farage and Hopkins. Ferrari is the latest. I've been half expecting Jobbie to bring up the topic of fat-shaming teenagers!

As for co-workers saying he should be sacked: there must be hundreds of people working at Global Towers. It would be a miracle if all of them liked Steve Allen.
The only presenter at LBC I can imagine having a problem with Steve is Natasha Devon. She is someone who is an advocate for positive body image and mental health, especially for women. James, I think, is friendly with Steve, as it seems is the overnight presenter (can't remember his name). As I say, the only one from LBC I imagine having an issue would be Natasha.

I think a podcast could work for Steve. He doesn't have live callers anyway and he wouldn't be constrained as much.

Plus, as we all said last year, the early mornings and long weeks haven't being great for his health in recent months so maybe it would be a good move for him in the long term. Surley he doesn't need the money.

I can't imagine JOB and Sheila liking the comments. If they were to condemn him it wouldn't look well.

Reactions: 2
I couldn't see Steve going anywhere but LBC tbh.

What I can't bear is this culture of everyone needs to be fired! Should Steve be reprimanded or given a warning? Yes. Should he be advised that his show needs some changes? Yes. Fired? No.
Yeah I really couldn't see him elsewhere either, he's such a part of the furniture. But if he was sacked would he disappear of or try to stay broadcasting? His job is so much of his life.

I don't think he's ever said sorry for when he's gone too far. He's a bit of a relic.

The comments about Tilly definitely cross the line. But someone like Gemma Colin's is always selling stories about how she's lost weight, so it's a bit hard to say her body shouldn't be spoken about.

The only presenter at LBC I can imagine having a problem with Steve is Natasha Devon. She is someone who is an advocate for positive body image and mental health, especially for women. James, I think, is friendly with Steve, as it seems is the overnight presenter (can't remember his name). As I say, the only one from LBC I imagine having an issue would be Natasha.
Natasha was the one I immediately thought of too. I can't see her tolerating the 'it's just Steve being Steve' thing.

It's always amazed me that likes of James and Nick Abbot seem to get on with Steve. Then again, I was listening to Nick and Carol podcast and they where basically saying you can't say anything about anyone anymore without being cancelled.

If any presenter did refer to it, it would be J O'B. He has no problem slagging off colleagues.
I agree, I thought nick might have made a slight indifferent reference. JOB would be the one who'd be slagging him off.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I really couldn't see him elsewhere either, he's such a part of the furniture. But if he was sacked would he disappear of or try to stay broadcasting? His job is so much of his life.

I don't think he's ever said sorry for when he's gone too far. He's a bit of a relic.

The comments about Tilly definitely cross the line. But someone like Gemma Colin's is always selling stories about how she's lost weight, so it's a bit hard to say her body shouldn't be spoken about.
Gemma thrives on it. She needs the likes of Steve as much as he does her. She's even mentioned Steve before on 'I'll Get This'. She's been more than aware of him for years.

The hypocrisy thing does annoy me though especially when it comes from people on any gossip type forum who are there mainly to post their opinions on people and look for salacious gossip. I'm at least honest as to why I'm here !! 🤣

The same people saying we shouldn't body shame will also be the same people passing comment on Boris Johnson's physique when he's swimming at the beach but 'that's different'. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5
Natasha was the one I immediately thought of too. I can't see her tolerating the 'it's just Steve being Steve' thing.

It's always amazed me that likes of James and Nick Abbot seem to get on with Steve. Then again, I was listening to Nick and Carol podcast and they where basically saying you can't say anything about anyone anymore without being cancelled.
Yeah it's weird. Nick's persona off LBC seems quite different to his on radio one. I don't know how much him and Steve speak, but I'd imagine they have crossed paths a fair bit due to when Steve was doing Sunday mornings. I think Steve said he gets in about 1am, which is when Nick finishes.

The same people saying we shouldn't body shame will also be the same people passing comment on Boris Johnson's physique when he's swimming at the beach but 'that's different'. :rolleyes:
And they genuinely can't see the hypocrisy because they believe X is fair game unlike others that they've decided are offlimits.

Happens all the time on tattle, someone feels it fine to slag off Mrs hinch, but if the exact same comment is made about Stacy Solomon they think it's unacceptable 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
And they genuinely can't see the hypocrisy because they believe X is fair game unlike others that they've decided are offlimits.

Happens all the time on tattle, someone feels it fine to hag off Mrs hinch, but if the exact same comment is made about Stacy Solomon they think it's unacceptable 🤷‍♀️
The thing is, as I said about Tilly's dad, Gordon, he was a right prick back in the day. Calling women bimbos and witches on hell's kitchen, but never once was he cancelled. Instead he was rewarded with TV show after TV show, even getting kitchen nightmares off the back of it. Unbelievable how some will get rewarded and others cancelled. Different times I guess. Hell's kitchen was about about a decade ago or more.

Reactions: 7

Happens all the time on tattle, someone feels it fine to hag off Mrs hinch, but if the exact same comment is made about Stacy Solomon they think it's unacceptable 🤷‍♀️
It happens on any forum and social media. The chosen ones get a free pass. Never understood it myself. Nick Ferrari's physique is also regarded a fair game.

Reactions: 1
Well Steve carried on as normal this morning, so interested to follow how the situation goes. Whether management has told him to stop talking about people's looks. Early in the show he mentioned Katie Price going shopping. He never said anything negative about her, just that he wondered why she was shopping alone as he normally shops alone but he isn't a celeb, or something along those lines.

I was expecting more, but he definitely tapered down on her without a doubt. He absolutely doesn't need to talk about people's appearances to make the show work. No problem criticising someone, but he doesn't need to say anything offensive.

If any presenter did refer to it, it would be J O'B. He has no problem slagging off colleagues. No names, of course, but veiled references so that everybody knows to whom he's referring. He virtually led the campaign to get rid of Farage and Hopkins. Ferrari is the latest. I've been half expecting Jobbie to bring up the topic of fat-shaming teenagers!

As for co-workers saying he should be sacked: there must be hundreds of people working at Global Towers. It would be a miracle if all of them liked Steve Allen.
Yes it does rather sound like the work of James O'Brien. After all he has fallen out with so many of his colleagues.

I doubt he would be keen on a "fat-shaming" topic because someone might point out the days when James called people like that "fatty fat-fats"

Reactions: 3
Didn't JOB used to regularly criticise David Camerons beach body from holiday photos? It's hard for anyone of them to take the moral high ground. Nick Abbot I'm sure called DC a whale / fat / cow several times. But that's ok because DC is on the right?

Reactions: 5
Sorry to quote myself but I posted this on Tattle re poisonous Steve Allen back in February. POST HERE

I've copied the relevant part below, but looking back I forgot to include "too heavy" to that list....

"...if he didn't have such ill health he'd have one less topic to flog. He'd have to find more people to snark about, his preferred easy targets being anyone (most often women) he finds too common, too mentally unwell, too addicted, too sexually active or too uneducated. "

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.