LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do they ever release the numbers of listeners weekly for Steve's show?
They tend not to give the numbers for any other programmes than Breakfast.

However, last night Tom Swarbrick said his audience had gone up by 10% (didn't say from what to what!). He got a text from somebody to say that they were one of the new 10% audience, and had listened to his programme for the first time. The texter said he wouldn't be listening again ! :p

I see the Snowdrop has repeated a tweet image (far too long for a repeat anyway), three times, before adding her one line response !!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Steve didn't mention his figures this morning which I was surprised about.

James was busy telling us the truth this morning. I hope Maajid was listening. ;)

I listened to Andrew Castle covering for Shelagh. I'm not Andrew's biggest fan but he's a much better cover for Shelagh than a ranting Maajid.

I hope you're all going to rush out and buy the Mystery Hour board game! TBH if I was into board games I would be very tempted.

Reactions: 3
They tend not to give the numbers for any other programmes than Breakfast.

However, last night Tom Swarbrick said his audience had gone up by 10% (didn't say from what to what!). He got a text from somebody to say that they were one of the new 10% audience, and had listened to his programme for the first time. The texter said he wouldn't be listening again ! :p

I see the Snowdrop has repeated a tweet image (far too long for a repeat anyway), three times, before adding her one line response !!
This is why I like the format here on Tattle - long posts are condensed so you don't have to keep scrolling down past the original.

Is there no longer an edit function 'elsewhere'? Or are posters too ignorant or arrogant to amend their posts when they obviously can see their mistakes?

Is there no longer an edit function 'elsewhere'? Or are posters too ignorant or arrogant to amend their posts when they obviously can see their mistakes?
I am sure there is, if she can be bothered !!

Somebody warn Wembley that she (I think it is a she!) is on dangerous grounds, for even suggesting disagreeing with others!!!

Reactions: 2
I am sure there is, if she can be bothered !!

Somebody warn Wembley that she (I think it is a she!) is on dangerous grounds, for even suggesting disagreeing with others!!!
Snowflake has always been the laziest of posters - only posts Twitter links or replies with emojis. Rarely posts more than a sentence unless it is off topic - going to the hairdressers or her latest holiday :rolleyes:

I think Wembley is a 'he'. Either way, we are both taking this thread off topic now 🤐

Steve didn't mention his figures this morning which I was surprised about.

James was busy telling us the truth this morning. I hope Maajid was listening. ;)

I listened to Andrew Castle covering for Shelagh. I'm not Andrew's biggest fan but he's a much better cover for Shelagh than a ranting Maajid.

I hope you're all going to rush out and buy the Mystery Hour board game! TBH if I was into board games I would be very tempted.
Will he be giving any of the proceeds to the Big Noise charity, like Steve does with his LBC related bits and pieces? ;)

Steve has had to kick his brain into gear and actually cover news items other than that in the gossip columns. It's a definite improvement.

Morning all

Another excellent effort from Nick Ferrari. Meanwhile from the intro it looks as though James O'Brien is panicking over his previous support for Insulate Britain.

• Haha
Alex Belfield. Not sure I'd want him defending me tbh. :ROFLMAO:

Steve said this morning that his show had the biggest audience in the country for his time slot. I know it's 4am but LBC must be one of the very few that can maintain a decent audience 24 hours a day. Steve said his figures alone were higher than a rival radio station but didn't name them.

That's why he's payed the money he is and why LBC back him. His show has taken on a different vein the past week (no surprise) but still highly enjoyable. I actually prefer it when he doesn't witch about celebs. I enjoy his musing about going to M&S.

Reactions: 6
Alex Belfield. Not sure I'd want him defending me tbh. :ROFLMAO:

Steve said this morning that his show had the biggest audience in the country for his time slot. I know it's 4am but LBC must be one of the very few that can maintain a decent audience 24 hours a day. Steve said his figures alone were higher than a rival radio station but didn't name them.

That's why he's payed the money he is and why LBC back him. His show has taken on a different vein the past week (no surprise) but still highly enjoyable. I actually prefer it when he doesn't witch about celebs. I enjoy his musing about going to M&S.
Alex is correct though, the biggest gobshites on LBC have arguably the best ratings. People love controversy, whether it suits their agenda or not. That is why when people try to cancel someone for their opinions, the support grows stronger for the person being cancelled. In this climate cancelling someone can often have the opposite effect.

Colin's LBC Clubhouse are already rubbing their hands, pre-empting QE2's death.
What a nasty little hive that is

If anyone is interested in more analysis of the RAJAR results -

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...how-pandemic-shaped-uk-radio-listening-habits (interesting)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59062312 (okay)

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2021/10/boom-radio-and-times-radio-celebrate-first-rajar-results/ (different versions of the same story!)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...isteners-rajar-industry-figures-say-qnl03hn5g (behind paywall)

https://www.cityam.com/radio-is-ver...hest-commercial-radio-audience-ever-recorded/ (there are more publications, but I suspect you have reached the level of 'no more please' !!!)

I haven't yet received details of the breakdown of audiences for LBC programmes. I am still hopeful they will come !

Ian Payne discussing the COP 26 climate conference this morning, it's costing over £100m.
Surely this meeting between nations could have been carried out virtually/online, just like many things are these days.
Big polluters China, Russia & Brazil won't attend.
Joe Biden went to see the pope, he used an 85 vehicle convoy, all the vehicles were flown from the US.
85 vehicles? Who are these people kidding?

Ian was also rambling on about his divorce again :rolleyes:

I picture Ian as the Reggie Perrin of the airwaves.

Last edited:
Do they ever release the numbers of listeners weekly for Steve's show?
At last, I now have the figures for the individual shows. So Steve's programme across the UK gets 540,000 listeners (averaged out over three hours). Nick F had better watch out, champing at the bit is young (49 ... does everybody know that?!!) James O'B who has 1328,000 and Nick has 1372,000.

Obviously as previously explained people lmay not be listening so early now !

At last, I now have the figures for the individual shows. So Steve's programme across the UK gets 540,000 listeners (averaged out over three hours). Nick F had better watch out, champing at the bit is young (49 ... does everybody know that?!!) James O'B who has 1328,000 and Nick has 1372,000.

Obviously as previously explained people lmay not be listening so early now !
That is good news for Steve as he gets quite an audience for that time in the morning.
Also excellent news for Nick Ferrari who not only gets the largest audience but adds a further 832,000 to the audience.
But for James in spite of everything being in his favour in terms of working from home he is still unable to reach the levels of Nick and in fact records the first decline of the day at 44,000.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.