LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think LBC should be more concerned about Maajid than Steve.

Today Maajid played a clip of Boris saying the vaccine doesn't stop you getting Covid or spreading it so Maajid turned that into Boris was an antivaxxer :rolleyes:
I honestly think Maajid might head to talkRADIO/talkTV before long last, he's maybe getting too edgy for LBC.

Reactions: 5
It will be interesting to see the reaction by the public to Tilly Ramsay tonight on Strictly. I don't watch the show, but is she any good as a dancer? I know Steve said she was not good, but that's Steve haha.

It will be interesting to see the reaction by the public to Tilly Ramsay tonight on Strictly. I don't watch the show, but is she any good as a dancer? I know Steve said she was not good, but that's Steve haha.
She isn't amazing - usually gets more points from the judges than deserved and gets a bit lost in the shuffle though hasn't done any outright bad dances.

Reactions: 1
I think LBC should be more concerned about Maajid than Steve.

Today Maajid played a clip of Boris saying the vaccine doesn't stop you getting Covid or spreading it so Maajid turned that into Boris was an antivaxxer :rolleyes:
Legendary LBC officianado & President (unelected) of the Nick Ferrari Fan Club, Colin from Gerrard's Cross simply cannot get enough of Maajid Nawaz 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She isn't amazing - usually gets more points from the judges than deserved and gets a bit lost in the shuffle though hasn't done any outright bad dances.
Fair enough. I would hope she doesn't receive sympathy votes. It makes a mockery of the show when that happens. Seen it plenty times on shows like BGT and X-Factor.

I don't agree with everything Alex says, but his take on it is interesting. Someone from the station leaked it? Hmm.

Spot on. Everything he says in that video is true. I stopped listening to LBC after 40 odd years following the departure of Nigel Farage. I'd already stopped listening to just about every other radio show on there anyway and this was the last straw. Everything has become so politically correct in this age of common purpose, or cultural marxism or whatever you like to call it. Look at that forum we used to post on how they censured and closed down the political forums.

Youtube is a better alternative now (although not ideal with its liberal algorithms) with channels like Alex's, though I'm not keen on his live broadcasts.

I agree also, I think we can guess who the 'journalist' at LBC was that leaked it. Someone Steve Allen used to call 'Dave' I believe. I assume that's all stopped now?

Steve has said far, far worse over the years. As recent as yesterday he commented about how people calling themselves British ‘didn’t look very British’ and during the retreat of Afghanistan ‘everyone that matters is out now’. He described Sarah Harding as being ‘riddled with cancer’ when her stage 4 diagnosis was announced and has spent many, many hours ridiculing 10 year old Harper Beckham.

No one seems to care about these things.
It doesn't seem that long ago when Steve regularly used to refer to Eamon Holmes as Eamon 'fat boy fat' Holmes. Don't remember there ever being a fuss over that. Or Kerry Katona was always changed to Kerry Coke-tona. Some of those TOWIE girls used to get a right roasting too. Still no fuss.

As others have said, storm in a teacup over nothing as the publicity machine spins it for the Strictly Come Dancing season. This rubbish has obviously got a bigger influence than I thought it still had.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Legendary LBC officianado & President (unelected) of the Nick Ferrari Fan Club, Colin from Gerrard's Cross simply cannot get enough of Maajid Nawaz 😁
I see that Colin from Gerrard's Cross has been tweeting Nick Ferrari proving he is obsessed with him.

I note that he is assuring him that Poland does not want to leave the EU. Didn't Colin tell us that about the UK?

Reactions: 2
Just heard Iain Dale announce that one of the topics he will be discussing today is why aren’t more online trolls being prosecuted?

Just heard Iain Dale announce that one of the topics he will be discussing today is why aren’t more online trolls being prosecuted?
I will tune in now (I am saving Robert Elms for catch up tomorrow).

I hope Ian doesn't conflate general online discussion of celebs with the activites of actual trolls who go directly to celebs' own social channels to insult, slur or threaten them.

I enjoyed his interview with the new vaccines minister. His quiet understated polite style showed her up as being a vacuous spouter of soundbites. No wonder the booster programme is struggling. We need Nadim Zahawi back and quickly as he led the previous success.

Reactions: 3
I will tune in now (I am saving Robert Elms for catch up tomorrow).

I hope Ian doesn't conflate general online discussion of celebs with the activites of actual trolls who go directly to celebs' own social channels to insult, slur or threaten them.
That is a major problem. It is the default these days that anyone who disagrees with you or calls you out on something is automatically a troll.

Just look at the thread about Tattle In The Press.

I see that Colin from Gerrard's Cross has been tweeting Nick Ferrari proving he is obsessed with him.

I note that he is assuring him that Poland does not want to leave the EU. Didn't Colin tell us that about the UK?

I was in Cyprus a couple of weeks ago and more than a couple of people (mainly Taxi drivers) said that Cyrpus would leave the EU if it could and they are fed up of countries like France and Germany running the shop. I'm not sure I believe that but when I said that the UK was in a right state they seemed to think that the EU was in the same position.

What winds me up the most with people like JOB is that they imply the EU is some sort of utopia where everyone gets along and everything is going swimmingly. It's not.

( On a side note I see that the other place is as friendly as ever :rolleyes: )

• Haha
"It is understood the veteran LBC presenter contacted her earlier in the week to say sorry."

That's what sky news just said. You'd think he'd say something publicly rather than saying nothing

I read John Waite, the bloke who bakes cakes and is on Strictly, called Steve 'a piece of old sandpaper, worn-out and no use anymore'. Why to gay men get so bitchy? Steve has been in showbiz for over 30 years I imagine, John baked a few cakes and now he think's he's the big deal. No mate, you ain't.
And Cristo is delighting in broadcasting all the bitchy things he has to say about Steve while going on about how good his life is 🤷‍♀️

I don't think people like Kerry are doing anything other than promoting him

'Kerry Coke' or 'Kerry Coketona' as Steve says. This is another thing Steve has to nip in the bud. The nicknames he gives to people can be distasteful.

I don't think people like Kerry are doing anything other than promoting him

They're all jumping on the bandwagon now for their own purposes. People like Gemma and Kerry have known about steve for years and never said a word. Now they're speaking out. Do me favour. They're just promoting themselves. :rolleyes:

Legendary LBC listener & Maajid Nawaz Appreciation Society Chief Executive, Colin from Gerrard's Cross, thinks that Gordon Ramsay earning million$ from belittling, shouting & bullying people on cookery programmes is fine, because "they agreed to it"
:oops:
What a role model to aspire too

Legendary LBC listener & Maajid Nawaz Appreciation Society Chief Executive, Colin from Gerrard's Cross, thinks that Gordon Ramsay earning million$ from belittling, shouting & bullying people on cookery programmes is fine, because "they agreed to it"
:oops:
What a role model to aspire too

Yeah. :rolleyes:

Tilly is not her father. Steve should not be bad mouthing 19 years olds that are as harmless as a fly.

However, Gordon has made a media career out of being an unpleasant bully. Tilly has benefitted from that enormously. Tilly has a show on CBBC. Tilly is on Australian Masterchef. I wonder how she got those gigs?? Tilly has a load of flowers on TikTok. Who features an awful lot on her videos? Her father. She is not shy of using her association with him to get to where she wants. She wouldn't be on Strictly if she wasn't his daughter.

If she is going to call out Steve she needs to have a word with her dad too.

On a different note, I did enjoy the battle of the 'literally's' this morning with James and Mayor Khan 🤣

Reactions: 3
O'brien faux giggling monologue about being able to see the 'Emperor's new clothes'
'Keith'
'Help me out here'
Bingo card filling up rapidly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.