LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This tweet ( or the headline) from LBC had wound me up ... You only have to look at the remarks to see that so many only see the headline and don't read the article.

When you actually read the article, it states that there was a showing of the film in the briefing room but it was done with Eon Production,PInewood Studios and Universal Studios who set it all up with equipment and all the staff were invited and made a donation to watch for charity.

Honestly think I'm going to have to give the news a swerve for a few days and recalibrate myself.

Reactions: 4
The Steve Allen thing is really becoming a watercooler subject. I didn't hear this myself and the woman I spoke to doesn't remember all the details but she told me Steve Allen made some nasty remarks on his radio show when Naomi Campbell announced the arrival of her daughter. She recalled being shocked at what he said, which included something negative about pregnant women being on a catwalk. Does anyone else remember this?

Naomi made the announcement on 18 May this year, but Steve Allen is always well behind so he probably mentioned it a day or three later. Can anyone tell me if it is it possible to listen again that far back?

Last edited:
That article in the mail a couple of hours ago was basically "Steve is safe, for now, bosses haven't decided if they should sack him or not" so basically they know nothing and want more clickbait by "reporting" that he's still on the air 😆. I'm not posting the link

Steve Allen is SAFE (for now)! LBC resist calls to sack controversial host for fat-shaming Strictly star Tilly Ramsay amid claims rivals at station want him gone

The Steve Allen thing is 🙄 Mark Dolan will be discussing it on his show tonight apparently. Maybe he should do a slot on how rife nepotism is in the media, a lot more damaging than calling a spade a spade.

Sanitising everywhere to the “body positivity view” will not benefit anyone. As for anorexia being bandied about, talk of relapses and the Harry Potter one chiming in - good grief! ‘Chubby Tilly’ is laughing all the way to the PR bank.

Steve can have me raging with the things he comes out with, he says far worse about the ordinary Joe/Jane texting in. If I don’t like it I put some music on and wait for him to change subject. Then again, I do actually listen to his show unlike the baying Twitter mob…

• Heart
He's 'SAFE' (for now)! According to the DM. As 'rivals at the station call for his dismissal'. LOL. Typical showbiz types, like rats in a sack. I've said this in
another thread, Steve is on from 4am - 7am he just talks utter shite (imo). I just turn off if I get irritated as I wake up. He just talks bollocks. Sometimes it's quite entertaining bollocks. But who on EARTH would take his opinion to heart? It's mind boggling and it's cynical to pretend to get upset about what this old dame prattles on about. Doubly so in Tilly's case considering the amount of abuse her father has espoused over the years to build a showbiz profile.

I read John Waite, the bloke who bakes cakes and is on Strictly, called Steve 'a piece of old sandpaper, worn-out and no use anymore'. Why to gay men get so bitchy? Steve has been in showbiz for over 30 years I imagine, John baked a few cakes and now he think's he's the big deal. No mate, you ain't.

Reactions: 8
I think the situation has got a bit out of hand now - Steve was being an idiot when he said that but with the coverage continuing everywhere, it almost feels like he's committed murder.

Reactions: 11
I love Steve. Now in saying that being mean about a teenage girls weight is a crappy thing to do and all but asking for him to be sacked is completely ridiculous. Other people have said worse so why everyone is jumping on a fairly tame word I don’t know. Mountain and molehill spring to mind.

Reactions: 7
I love Steve. Now in saying that being mean about a teenage girls weight is a crappy thing to do and all but asking for him to be sacked is completely ridiculous. Other people have said worse so why everyone is jumping on a fairly tame word I don’t know. Mountain and molehill spring to mind.
Anyone know Giles Coren? He has a show on Times Radio, on Fri. He got into hot water the other month after he somewhat celebrated the death of a journalist who died from a long term illness who had been rude about him and criticised him. People were calling him a dick and were criticising him for his reaction, but he's still on Times Radio despite that.

I don't think Steve should be sacked for what he said, but be definitely needs to be aware of what he says going forward. I don't think this would have made the news if it wasn't for Tilly being on Strictly, but that doesn't mean he should be saying that stuff given the current climate.

He was only talking about her the other day.

I see the DM have now done an article on Gordon's record of fat shaming. Will someone please make it stop!!!!
Not gonna lie, I somewhat like all the drama. What makes it even funnier is that Steve hasn't commented on it at all.

Reactions: 1
Anyone know Giles Coren?
Not personally thank duck. The whole Coren clan is rotten, talentless, and entitled. All living off the back of their father's talent. Horrible people, given every chance in life ... Giles becomes a food critic and Victoria decides to play cards. Big round of applause for Giles and Vicky, really thanks a bunch for using your first class education to really change the world for the better. Ughgghh ... horrible people. (Sorry for that rant, had to get it off my chest).

I think the situation has got a bit out of hand now - Steve was being an idiot when he said that but with the coverage continuing everywhere, it almost feels like he's committed murder.
Steve has said far, far worse over the years. As recent as yesterday he commented about how people calling themselves British ‘didn’t look very British’ and during the retreat of Afghanistan ‘everyone that matters is out now’. He described Sarah Harding as being ‘riddled with cancer’ when her stage 4 diagnosis was announced and has spent many, many hours ridiculing 10 year old Harper Beckham.

No one seems to care about these things.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The talk radio viewers really can't stand Cristo.

I only lasted 60 seconds, Cristo being superior about how he's in such a good place and doing well, unlike Steve. Although I'm sure he's right that Steve can give it but not take it.

PSX_20211023_092705.jpg

The Steve Allen thing is 🙄 Mark Dolan will be discussing it on his show tonight apparently. Maybe he should do a slot on how rife nepotism is in the media, a lot more damaging than calling a spade a spade.

Sanitising everywhere to the “body positivity view” will not benefit anyone. As for anorexia being bandied about, talk of relapses and the Harry Potter one chiming in - good grief! ‘Chubby Tilly’ is laughing all the way to the PR bank.

Steve can have me raging with the things he comes out with, he says far worse about the ordinary Joe/Jane texting in. If I don’t like it I put some music on and wait for him to change subject. Then again, I do actually listen to his show unlike the baying Twitter mob…
Nepotism is rife in the BBC. Esther Rantzan's clan (with different surnames) get in everywhere.

I don't agree with everything Alex says, but his take on it is interesting. Someone from the station leaked it? Hmm.

I actually don't mind his description of reality stars ... that much, although calling people ugly is a stretch too far. However at times I have to admit I've found him a breath of fresh air. He's honest where others can be robotic. But I did go off of him when he was reading the papers one time, and there was this story in it about someone being molested when they were younger, and Steve Allen became very nonchalant about it and played the story down and said he was over it. Put me off.

Another reason I can’t see Steve going is - who would replace him? Who actually wants to do that slot? Early breakfast really has to be the worst slot possible on radio and unless the show has a specific niche (like Steve does with his style of commentary and James Max on TR doing business items), it’ll just be a warm up act for Ferrari.

I think LBC should be more concerned about Maajid than Steve.

Today Maajid played a clip of Boris saying the vaccine doesn't stop you getting Covid or spreading it so Maajid turned that into Boris was an antivaxxer :rolleyes:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.