LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Allen is fixated with lottery tickets & winning the EuroMillions again :rolleyes:

'The Juice Meister has been in touch'...
'crumbs in the butter'....'uncle Jack in norfolk made his own booze'....'double sausage McMuffin please'....

I'll be honest and say I spent many hours this past week thinking how I was going to spend my £184 million. 🀣

Wish NF would give it a rest about working from home. There's been a massive sea change since Covid and it's here to stay. Many organisations were doing it, or at least a mixture, pre Covid. I knew quite a lot of people who would say 'I'm working from home today' . It works for so many companies and individuals.

Reactions: 5
I'll be honest and say I spent many hours this past week thinking how I was going to spend my £184 million. 🀣

Wish NF would give it a rest about working from home. There's been a massive sea change since Covid and it's here to stay. Many organisations were doing it, or at least a mixture, pre Covid. I knew quite a lot of people who would say 'I'm working from home today' . It works for so many companies and individuals.
My sister and her husband lived in Watford and commuted every day to their Civil Service jobs in Westminster. Then about 15 years ago they moved to Lincoln and, apart from a monthly trip down to HQ, worked from home.

Reactions: 2
My sister and her husband lived in Watford and commuted every day to their Civil Service jobs in Westminster. Then about 15 years ago they moved to Lincoln and, apart from a monthly trip down to HQ, worked from home.
The daughter of a friend is in a high position in one of the biggest banks on Canary Wharf. When she found that working from home was so easy she moved to Mexico and is doing her job from there!

Reactions: 1
The daughter of a friend is in a high position in one of the biggest banks on Canary Wharf. When she found that working from home was so easy she moved to Mexico and is doing her job from there!
Probably the best thing to do. Far cheaper cost of living too. Mexico, Colombia, and countries in Asia are best options. Only need to hop on zoom or a phone for any necessary meetings.

Loved Robbie Vincent. He used to do the mid-morning show on weekdays, with Mike Dickin in the afternoon. There's nobody around now to touch either of them.
I remember him more from when he used to do the evening show. These days I will have the radio on in the evening for the football ( for example Arsenal v Palace tonight) but then turn the radio off after rather than going to the later shows. 5Live used to have some decent shows but spoilt it and sadly Iain Dale will have finished his show.

I used to listen to LBC all the time,now I very rarely switch to that station - I listen to Times radio now, I find it a much better mix. I just got fed up of all the programmes discussing the same thing.

To be honest though - I could never listen on JOB just awful radio to me.
Brian was in a mess this morning suggesting we be nice to MPs
Including the ones he has been calling
Racists
Nazis
Thickos ?

Oh and this is just odd

Last edited:
We've got an accountant in the family who WFH. The days of having to go through physical books for those roles are long gone. It's also good for the environment because he longer has to travel across the country to go to various offices. Sometimes he does but not very often. Younger people have no issue with it.

Listening to Shelagh talking to Margaret Hodge. Interesting that she said in her (Shelagh's) experience that the most abusive and vile people on social media where actually quite happy to use their real identity as they are very happy in their skin and their views. It doesn't surprise me.

Reactions: 3
What programmes have I forgotten?
There was Barry Fox the computing expert. Anyone remember Fiona Richmond coming on at midnight with her sex talk programme (very adult only!!) ?

There was 'Midnight Encounters' (can't remember the presenter - oh was it Mike Allen?). An on-air dating forum !!

There was Barry Fox the computing expert. Anyone remember Fiona Richmond coming on at midnight with her sex talk programme (very adult only!!) ?

There was 'Midnight Encounters' (can't remember the presenter - oh was it Mike Allen?). An on-air dating forum !!
Midnight Encounters was hosted by Mike Allen who had a complete allergy to any girl/woman larger than a size 12. It was always one of his first questions and if anyone was foolish to admit to a size 14, 16 or 18 they got very short shrift.

Steve Allen was excited about a branch of Pret-a-Manger opening in Twickers, only for his dreams to be shattered as it's a Vegan Pret that opened up.
"The people of Twickenham won't like it...they want MEAT!"

• Haha
Yes, particularly Greggs sausage baguette.
Over in Colin's LBC Clubhouse, LBC is described as a sewer, the irony in this is palpable, from an LBC fanatic who spends his day(s) calling people names on twitter. 😁
Curious as it is James O'Brien who is obsessed with people soiling themselves....So much so it makes you wonder why?

Steve Allen was excited about a branch of Pret-a-Manger opening in Twickers, only for his dreams to be shattered as it's a Vegan Pret that opened up.
"The people of Twickenham won't like it...they want MEAT!"
Steve Allen, the chieftain of Twickenham.

• Haha
I'm surprised Steve hasn't caught Covid yet. He is out and about, on the bus etc, sitting among the great unwashed haha. He was saying this morning that Richmond, Kingston etc had some of the highest cases in London.

Yes, particularly Greggs sausage baguette.
Over in Colin's LBC Clubhouse,
Maybe you can arrange for us to visit Colin's place. We can look jealously at the signed photos of NF, along with messages from him. I think it would be a day out that nobody would forget!

• Haha
Something tells me that Colin from Windsor is going to be furious with Mark Francois. For a start he uses his study rather than a bedroom.

I'm surprised Steve hasn't caught Covid yet. He is out and about, on the bus etc, sitting among the great unwashed haha. He was saying this morning that Richmond, Kingston etc had some of the highest cases in London.
Steve's been very insistent that he doesn't let anyone near him on the bus, spreading himself over 2 seats, coughing or putting his bag on the seat next to him 😁

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.