LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't realise that Steve also has a heart condition. Heard him say that this morning. Bloody hell, he's a wreck haha. Surprised he's still going strong.
He's got 8 stents. His arterty will just be one long stent soon. Be like having a straw for an artery 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I didn't realise that Steve also has a heart condition. Heard him say that this morning. Bloody hell, he's a wreck haha. Surprised he's still going strong.
He has angina. He's already has two procedures to have stents put in. He also has a non-functioning thyroid.

Reactions: 1
Yes, I saw that as well. If only we knew where he lived a quiet tip-off might do the trick !!

With the 888 or 999 service, if it is to be used while you are being attacked, it is the same as someone suggested elsewhere asking the attacker to hold on while you ring the police !
Actually he has said on the other thread in the past that he lives in Windsor. It's not that big a place either.

He has angina. He's already has two procedures to have stents put in. He also has a non-functioning thyroid.
Mad. As I said before, I'm surprised he hasn't changed his lifestyle well before now. I know he said he stopped smoking a long time ago though.

James had some interesting topics today. I was quite enjoying the fertility/ baby conversation.

However, I am sick of James constantly bashing the UK. He described the people of the UK as being murderous today in regards to immigration. I take it personally because I certainly don't feel murderous towards immigrants and refugees. He makes the UK sound sound like some sort of hell whole. He's doing my head in.

The LBC Facebook page got a mention too.

I see elsewhere recently that Bangla was offended at James O'Briens use of a Scottish accent.

'Cultural inappropriation' was bandied about.

What sad life Bangla has.. 🤦
It was one of the dangers of the James MacBrien persona.....

Mind you our other valiant Scotsman might like to explain how such an enthusiastic Scot lives in Windsor.

James had some interesting topics today. I was quite enjoying the fertility/ baby conversation.

However, I am sick of James constantly bashing the UK. He described the people of the UK as being murderous today in regards to immigration. I take it personally because I certainly don't feel murderous towards immigrants and refugees. He makes the UK sound sound like some sort of hell whole. He's doing my head in.

The LBC Facebook page got a mention too.
James continuously slags off the Tories and would he say "It's on you" if this was the other way around?

Last edited:
Just hearing the terrible news about Sir David Amess.

And the gall of this woman ... 🤬🤬

Wasn't James busy doing a puff piece on her back then....

This is absolutely horrific. Theo Usherwood sounds so upset. Absoutely horrific.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Seemingly a very nice family man, with a few social causes close to his heart.
Shelagh is handling the show well, with good interviews & contributors.

• Sad
I'm surprised Andi Peters and Phil Vickery listen to Steve Allen's show considering the crap he says about certain presenters of ITV that they both have and do work with. Haha.

Iain Dale knew him very well. Iain was actually going to Southend tonight to meet and be interviewed by him.

Reactions: 3
I'm surprised Andi Peters and Phil Vickery listen to Steve Allen's show considering the crap he says about certain presenters of ITV that they both have and do work with. Haha.
Phil Vickery is Steve's go-to for food inspiration 😁
Steve has name dropped him for years, I believe he has Phil on speed dial...."how long does toast take Phil?"
"Should I stick a fork in my fish fingers to see if they're ready?"

How has LBC's coverage been today of the sad story about David Amess? Been listening to TalkRadio - both Rob Rinder and Kevin O'Sullivan have given tributes and given sufficient coverage to the story however not wall to wall coverage and have still included some lighter segments. I think that's the right approach.

How has LBC's coverage been today of the sad story about David Amess? Been listening to TalkRadio - both Rob Rinder and Kevin O'Sullivan have given tributes and given sufficient coverage to the story however not wall to wall coverage and have still included some lighter segments. I think that's the right approach.
I only listened until about 5pm, but it was probably similar. Plenty of platitudes, sadness & humorous stories during Eddie Mair.
Shelagh Fogharty's show was good too.

I only listened until about 5pm, but it was probably similar. Plenty of platitudes, sadness & humorous stories during Eddie Mair.
Shelagh Fogharty's show was good too.
Iain Dale did a longish (5/6 minutes) interview about Sir David Amess on the BBC News Channel this afternoon. The LBC studio was very prominent!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.