LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excuse me, but if we are not discussing LBC, I shall have to bring my mate Colin over to sort you all out !!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Excuse me, but if we are not discussing LBC, I shall have to bring my mate Colin over to sort you all out !!!!
As I said I've been away for a week so I am just catching up on everything ... Now, as much as I enjoy LBC it is quite sad when you spend your whole day listening to LBC, posting about LBC and making comments on Twitter about LBC and spending all day, every day, angry. There comes a time in your life when you realise you really should get out more 🤣

I've been catching up on my Nick and Carol podcasts too. Really belly laughed at Carol telling Nick to google 'Wang' which he refused to do ... apparently it's a word processor from the 80's. :oops:

I also missed a chance to buy a Steve Allen tea tray. #gutted

Reactions: 1
Steve Allen - talking incessantly about burgers and he’s never heard of Honest Burgers which have been in London for about ten years now. They started out in Brixton Village. There are at least 18 of them all over London now. I enjoyed them when I ate meat.

Reactions: 2
Steve Allen - talking incessantly about burgers and he’s never heard of Honest Burgers which have been in London for about ten years now. They started out in Brixton Village. There are at least 18 of them all over London now. I enjoyed them when I ate meat.
Steve dreams of owning a KFC franchise.

He is now reading out the Xmas menu from the Goring Hotel.
£295 per head
Lobster omelette :sick:

"Mother left the giblets in the Turkey one year"
Ah, the annual run up to Christmas has officially begun. We also had the story about how his mother could be found in the kitchen, on her knees in front of the oven, tipsy on sherry. Plots of his favourite Christmas films will follow shortly. Funny how he hates pigeons but loves old ladies who sell pigeon food. (Home Alone 2 and Mary Poppins) He loves films that feature lots of snow, although I doubt if he's seen Fargo! The joke about the origin of the tradition of having a fairy on the Christmas tree will no doubt crop up.

• Haha
As I said I've been away for a week so I am just catching up on everything ... Now, as much as I enjoy LBC it is quite sad when you spend your whole day listening to LBC, posting about LBC and making comments on Twitter about LBC and spending all day, every day, angry. There comes a time in your life when you realise you really should get out more 🤣

I've been catching up on my Nick and Carol podcasts too. Really belly laughed at Carol telling Nick to google 'Wang' which he refused to do ... apparently it's a word processor from the 80's. :oops:

I also missed a chance to buy a Steve Allen tea tray. #gutted
You'd think that loved ones or a friend would stage an intervention, unplug Colin's 'monitoring station' from the mains & take him for a relaxing walk, maybe have tea & scones in a local bistro.

• Haha
Nick F did that thing this morning which winds me up a bit when he was talking to Damien Hinds about the Russians stealing the formulas for the AZ vaccine. Hinds in fairness was trying to give a very diplomatic answer and it was obvious reading between the lines what he was saying. Ferrari then asked him twice, 'so the Russians did steal it' .

Sometimes Nick, diplomacy has to be adhered too. If anyone will accuse the Russians of stealing anything it should be Boris in the HoC. Not a minister on a popular radio show with an old hack looking for a moment.

Nick F did that thing this morning which winds me up a bit when he was talking to Damien Hinds about the Russians stealing the formulas for the AZ vaccine. Hinds in fairness was trying to give a very diplomatic answer and it was obvious reading between the lines what he was saying. Ferrari then asked him twice, 'so the Russians did steal it' .

Sometimes Nick, diplomacy has to be adhered too. If anyone will accuse the Russians of stealing anything it should be Boris in the HoC. Not a minister on a popular radio show with an old hack looking for a moment.
He was horrible to Dr Sarah too, it was an uncomfortable listen.

He was horrible to Dr Sarah too, it was an uncomfortable listen.
I was drifting in and out of sleep so only heard bits of it. I could hear Nick shouting and her trying to get a word in edgeways; didn't realise it was her until he back announced her. I use her Patient Access app. I once had a query during the early days of lockdown, and she answered my Twitter question for me.

I was drifting in and out of sleep so only heard bits of it. I could hear Nick shouting and her trying to get a word in edgeways; didn't realise it was her until he back announced her. I use her Patient Access app. I once had a query during the early days of lockdown, and she answered my Twitter question for me.
She's to medical queries what Simon Calder is to travel; the go-to expert. Pops up on every news/discussion show on radio and TV.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.