LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was on his kitchen floor because there wasn't room on the worktop (presumably cluttered with all the rubbish he buys two of from QVC) and he somehow fell on it. He must have knocked the top off and fallen on the heating unit in the lid. He was quite badly burned and was to and fro the hospital for months after having a skin graft on his stomach. He posted pictures of it on Twitter! :sick:
Good grief, that sounds awful, thanks for filling me in. Did he ever say what the extended illness was when he went awol for a couple of months?

Payne has been laughing maniacally this morning in-between reading out newspaper stories, about Boris & Carrie in Marbella.

Payne has been laughing maniacally this morning in-between reading out newspaper stories, about Boris & Carrie in Marbella.
Maybe the role or the time does not suit him. I recall him back in the day doing Scores ( mostly football) on LBC News on a Saturday afternoon and he made a pretty good job of that.

Reactions: 1
Maybe the role or the time does not suit him. I recall him back in the day doing Scores ( mostly football) on LBC News on a Saturday afternoon and he made a pretty good job of that.
Yes, that was Ian's forte, he's a good sports reporter.
I don't think he's keen on the early hours.
LBC listener of the year nominee Colin from Windsor's forte is doom & gloom.

Good grief, that sounds awful, thanks for filling me in. Did he ever say what the extended illness was when he went awol for a couple of months?
No, he's been very coy about that so I can only assume it was either very serious or very embarrassing - possibly both. He normally gives you every detail of his aliments but he suddenly went very quiet over this. We got some of the details leading up to it. He had recurring bouts of cystitis, blood in his urine and was in pain and then started having scans and stuff then went very quiet. He's indicated that he has been in hospital at some stage over the past months.

The halogen oven thing is unbelievable. All over garlic bread! I can't believe he went into work that morning and it was only when the producers saw the state of him I believe they insisted he went to A&E.

As for Ian Payne he can get quite maudlin and melancholy when he does the early breakfast show. I rememeer one of the first times he ever covered for Steve and his show was basically how he was wondering if he was alcoholic!

Reactions: 2
Jo Good from BBC Radio London does a vlog on YouTube (where she flogs all manner of toot while avoiding declaring them as paid promotions in accordance with ASA guidelines - but that's a side issue which is covered in detail in other Tattle threads).

The old attention seeker, in her latest ep, shows her encounter with a night bus passenger who recognises her. She, of course, laps up the flattery but her fan admits he also listens to LBC.
20211010_153738.jpg

Do any of you have recommendations of radio apps I could download to listen to all the national stations? I catch up on LBC mostly on global player, but I'd like to use an app which allows me to listen to various other stations too, maybe even international stations too. I like mostly talk radio stations, but some music stations I don't mind either.

Do any of you have recommendations of radio apps I could download to listen to all the national stations? I catch up on LBC mostly on global player, but I'd like to use an app which allows me to listen to various other stations too, maybe even international stations too. I like mostly talk radio stations, but some music stations I don't mind either.
Radio Garden
You can listen to any station in the world, it's truly amazing.

I had a long drive last night and listened to the whole of Clive Bull for the first time in ages and I was pleasantly surprised. Sounded a bit like Clive of old.

Topics weren't too draining though which helps and made the drive quite a pleasant experience. Good old Clive.

Radio UK, got loads of stations on it

I had a long drive last night and listened to the whole of Clive Bull for the first time in ages and I was pleasantly surprised. Sounded a bit like Clive of old.

Topics weren't too draining though which helps and made the drive quite a pleasant experience. Good old Clive.
One night he was obsessed in getting recommendations for vegan and vegetarian meat replacements. He appeared to be overhauling his diet.

One night he was obsessed in getting recommendations for vegan and vegetarian meat replacements. He appeared to be overhauling his diet.
He was discussing those very things last night! Apparently you need to fry your vegan sausages and not put them them in the oven like he did first time around. Oven baked makes them far too chewy. ;) He liked the Richmond ones.

• Haha
I don't understand the meat replacements. They are highly processed and likely worse for you than natural meat because it's all man made. I tried those vegan burgers (can't remember the name) but they were expensive. It was something like £5 for two burgers, and they weren't even meat. I'd have understood If they were proper meat burgers, but they were made of cheap ingredients so I don't understand why they were so expensive. The same as some of those bean burgers. They are literally made of beans, so why the high cost? Mad.

I don't understand the meat replacements. They are highly processed and likely worse for you than natural meat because it's all man made. I tried those vegan burgers (can't remember the name) but they were expensive. It was something like £5 for two burgers, and they weren't even meat. I'd have understood If they were proper meat burgers, but they were made of cheap ingredients so I don't understand why they were so expensive. The same as some of those bean burgers. They are literally made of beans, so why the high cost? Mad.
I think it's more to do with saving the planet than being healthy but it's definitely a nice little earner.

Personally if I don't eat meat I just go veggie. If I want a sausage I'll have a proper one.

I really like these.
3D6544FA-F147-4904-8685-F6F51F8F9691.jpeg

The bean burgers are usually £2.50 for 4 of them and you can often get them for 2 for £4. They wild be difficult to make and to keep from separating. These come frozen.

Last edited:
I think it's more to do with saving the planet than being healthy but it's definitely a nice little earner.

Personally if I don't eat meat I just go veggie. If I want a sausage I'll have a proper one.
I sometimes enjoy some mixed beans & chickpeas in a saucepan, chuck in some tinned tomatoes, bit of tumeric powder, garlic, salt, then heat on low for 5-10 mins and enjoy. I could live on beans, legumes and chickpeas if I had to, but I just think it's unnecessary as I am one person.

Meanwhile if I'm making the effort to eat less meat, most parts of the world are eating meat, and especially most parts of this country. I think Italy and Spain eat a fair amount of meat, especially cured meats. Honestly, I like meat too much. I don't think I would ever give it up. I'm considering going on a course to learn how to butcher animals so I know exactly the process, rather than be ignorant to it.

He was discussing those very things last night! Apparently you need to fry your vegan sausages and not put them them in the oven like he did first time around. Oven baked makes them far too chewy. ;) He liked the Richmond ones.
I'd say the veggie Richmond has more meat content in it than the real ones 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.