LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was listening to Maajid this afternoon.

I am genuinely interested in how long he can stay at LBC. He sounds like a conspiracy theory nutcase. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he goes too far.

Reactions: 7
IIRC the last RAJAR published(Jan 2020) showed him as the second most popular presenter on the station. As we know there is a new one coming out later this year, but it will be 'strange' one. A lot of people working from home, and therefore able to listen during the day, when they would normally be in their office. People who used to get up early for work, won't have done so, and may lose some breakfast audience as well as drivetime.

However, this will be the same for all stations - except perhaps for the yoof stations!

I don't think this year's RAJAR will be comparable to previous ones. It's gonna be a whole new ball-game !

Reactions: 3
Apparently there could be a shortage of Xmas trees this year. Steve in shambles! 😄
Can see him in Costco tomorrow, stocking up just ‘Incase’ there’s a shortage of tomatorite and San Pelagrino.

I leave our radio on all day, and even I’m tempted to turn it off during Majids slot as I just don’t want to give him the figures.

Reactions: 1
IIRC the last RAJAR published(Jan 2020) showed him as the second most popular presenter on the station. As we know there is a new one coming out later this year, but it will be 'strange' one. A lot of people working from home, and therefore able to listen during the day, when they would normally be in their office. People who used to get up early for work, won't have done so, and may lose some breakfast audience as well as drivetime.

However, this will be the same for all stations - except perhaps for the yoof stations!

I don't think this year's RAJAR will be comparable to previous ones. It's gonna be a whole new ball-game !
LBC listener of the year & President (unelected) of the Nick Ferrari Fan Club "Colin from Windsor" will surely have added gravitas to the successful audience figures of various LBC presenters?
:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
He was going to buy a real one this year. I'm sure he has back up trees though :ROFLMAO:
Of all years to plan buying a real tree, he couldn't have chosen as worse one! If he does manage to buy a real one, he's got plenty of vacuums to clean up the fallen pine needles. Plan B, one of his many fake trees will suffice ;)

LBC listener of the year & President (unelected) of the Nick Ferrari Fan Club "Colin from Windsor" will surely have added gravitas to the successful audience figures of various LBC presenters?
:cool:
I think that the numbers should factor in enthusiasm. As Colin from Windsor sits with his ear pressed to his radio from 7am to 10 am every weekday I suggest he should count at least treble in the ratings.

Of all years to plan buying a real tree, he couldn't have chosen as worse one! If he does manage to buy a real one, he's got plenty of vacuums to clean up the fallen pine needles. Plan B, one of his many fake trees will suffice ;)
I suppose he could fly out to Norway, chop one down and bring it back with him - provided it is a Green listed country !!!

• Haha
There was some sort of stunt where he and his producer went to Norway and watched them choosing and chopping down the tree for Trafalgar Square. I think it was Amanda who went with him.
Thank you! I vaguely remembered such, but wasn't sure if I was confusing it with the Lapland trip with his godchildren :D

Jobbie getting his name in the papers. Also carried in Mail and Telegraph: https://eminetra.co.uk/gammon-limoa...ded-to-ofcoms-list-of-offensive-terms/714268/
James O’Brien, LBC’s host and former BBC Newsnight presenter, has caught the attention of Ofcom for his recent use of the term “gammon” to ridicule the right wing. This example is used to show how such political terms can be developed. Negatively.
But he himself looks like gammon with his sweaty red face 😂 🥵

• Haha
Reactions: 4
These 'insulate britain' muppets are now climbing onto lorries at Dover.
Rachel Venables has been there all morning for LBC.
They should be deploying water cannons on them.
O'brien is actually correct there, telling folk not to panic buy just brings the idiots out in their droves.

O'brien is actually correct there, telling folk not to panic buy just brings the idiots out in their droves.

I said to my hubby this morning if I was a lorry driver I'd be saying 'you stay up there of you want but I'm driving to Poland. Don't forget to duck under the bridges' :ROFLMAO:

Questions being asked now whether Rachel Venables is crossing a line between legitimate journalistic practises and actively assisting them. This is no longer a demonstration it's a form of domestic terrorism.

I agree about telling people not to panic buy encourages people to panic buy. It's a tricky one because it would be wrong to cover up shortages and closures but the media do like to catastrophise these things and use clever angles for photo's to make their point. I've seen holes in the shelves at supermarkets but there are still plenty of products available.

Reactions: 4
I said to my hubby this morning if I was a lorry driver I'd be saying 'you stay up there of you want but I'm driving to Poland. Don't forget to duck under the bridges' :ROFLMAO:

Questions being asked now whether Rachel Venables is crossing a line between legitimate journalistic practises and actively assisting them. This is no longer a demonstration it's a form of domestic terrorism.

I agree about telling people not to panic buy encourages people to panic buy. It's a tricky one because it would be wrong to cover up shortages and closures but the media do like to catastrophise these things and use clever angles for photo's to make their point. I've seen holes in the shelves at supermarkets but there are still plenty of products available.
There's an old journalistic tradition of never revealing your sources but Rachel could tip the wink to the police about where the demos are taking place without informing on whoever told her. On the other hand, not informing the police is probably a condition of getting the information. It does seem as though LBC are getting exclusives on this.

Speaking of idiots

Steve was giving a synopsis of the 1980's movie Victor/Victoria starring Julie Andrews.
Thankfully little mention of Xmas today.
Judy Garland
R.A.F Brize Norton & the chaps in their smart uniforms :unsure:
Mother took their little spaniel a walk across the fields & it stuck it's head into a wasps nest, "poor dog was never the same again" :oops:
Lol, think we can rely on Steve to know all about the Victor/Victoria film 😆

The story of the dog and the wasp's nest. Another of his golden oldie anecdotes !

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.