LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To live with that level of cynicism is quite sad really. To be that sceptical about everything.

Whatever the ins and outs of that call, which has been promoted non stop on LBC, the actions of those protestors left the caller and his mother seriously distressed. I'll wager he didn't just sit there doing nothing thinking 'I'll just phone LBC to moan.' Some people seem to think calling an ambulance was the answer when the reason why he was in the car with his mother in the first place was because there were no ambulances available!!
I seem to remember they were stuck in the car for 6 hours.

Reactions: 1
To live with that level of cynicism is quite sad really. To be that sceptical about everything.

Whatever the ins and outs of that call, which has been promoted non stop on LBC, the actions of those protestors left the caller and his mother seriously distressed. I'll wager he didn't just sit there doing nothing thinking 'I'll just phone LBC to moan.' Some people seem to think calling an ambulance was the answer when the reason why he was in the car with his mother in the first place was because there were no ambulances available!!
Absolutely. Spot on.
Georges2 & i4u think there is more to it, they are totally disgusting people tbh.

Reactions: 1
Absolutely. Spot on.
Georges2 & i4u think there is more to it, they are totally disgusting people tbh.
I asked for my account to be terminated because of i4U. Absolutely horrible person.

I seem to remember they were stuck in the car for 6 hours.
Sounded horrendous.

I'd have been going mad if I was stuck in that. I can't imagine what is was like for people in the position that guy was in or if you were off for hospital treatment.

It's one thing to get stuck in it if there's been a serious accident. No one sets out to have a serious accident but to be deliberately held up by a bunch of protestors would drive me nuts. I used to use J18 of the M25 everyday.

Reactions: 4
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I just cannot listen to Nick Ferrari. His "interviewing" skills are appalling, he comes to his conclusion before even listening to the persons response and then constantly interrupts them. He's so arrogant and rude and unwilling to even listen to another perspective let alone learn from it. I caught the last few minutes of Nick Abbott who was basically stating that unless these climate activists protested in a disruptive (but still peaceful & non-violent) manner then the press would not give any attention to something that is extremely important unfortunately, then out comes a preview of Nick Ferrari's show with the same arrogant, outraged, dominating nonsense as usual, such a contrast. LBC is such a mixed bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
They are all starting to eat themselves through their own bitterness & bigotry.

"I'm done here" 😁
Unless LBC listener of the year Colin from Windsor needs his shoelaces tied of course.
LOL, at least he still has his other fangirls to kiss his butt...

In the meantime, what goes around comes around ;)

Reactions: 2
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I just cannot listen to Nick Ferrari. His "interviewing" skills are appalling, he comes to his conclusion before even listening to the persons response and then constantly interrupts them. He's so arrogant and rude and unwilling to even listen to another perspective let alone learn from it. I caught the last few minutes of Nick Abbott who was basically stating that unless these climate activists protested in a disruptive (but still peaceful & non-violent) manner then the press would not give any attention to something that is extremely important unfortunately, then out comes a preview of Nick Ferrari's show with the same arrogant, outraged, dominating nonsense as usual, such a contrast. LBC is such a mixed bag.
I'm not a fan of Ferrari either. I haven't listened to him properly for a long time. I find him a bit too bombastic.

He's very popular though.

Reactions: 3
It's not an unpopular opinion you have at all, Ferrari is a tabloid journalist, he knows what he's doing, Global know what he's doing & he gets LBC plenty of listeners & clicks on the internet.
If I don't enjoy what I'm hearing from him, I change station (regularly tbh)
I often go from LBC to Radio4 to The WorldService to local radio & others.
What I find fascinating are people who get up early to listen to a presenter on the radio that they can't stand.
Maybe it's a form of self-flagellation :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is Tattle where all opinions are allowed without ridicule or hostility. Unlike a certain other forum thread where only those who agree with the ruling clique are allowed to comment.

Feel free to say what you mean and mean what you say.

Reactions: 7
. He's so arrogant and rude and unwilling to even listen to another perspective let alone learn from it.
I have picked that bit out of your post because you have in my opinion described James O'Brien perfectly.

But unlike in other places there is no reason why we have to agree..

You tie the left shoe shoelace to the right shoe shoelace, and I will do vice versa ! Oh what fun that will be :ROFLMAO:
You are a very naughty person ;)

Anyway, I doubt he wears shoes, he seems to be at home all day, everyday

Last edited:
Steve Allen is very close to revealing this year's item which will benefit charity.

"Noel Fielding..deeply unfunny ladies and gentlemen..deeply unfunny"

95 days until Xmas :rolleyes:

• Haha
Absolutely. Spot on.
They skew the narrative to suit their own bigoted agenda, which is that no matter what Ferrari says, he's wrong. If he said Hitler was evil, they'd point out that he was very fond of his dog.

Steve Allen is very close to revealing this year's item which will benefit charity.

"Noel Fielding..deeply unfunny ladies and gentlemen..deeply unfunny"

95 days until Xmas :rolleyes:
Has he ever mentioned when his love of Xmas started? I can understand liking Xmas, but he does seem to be a bit OTT with it. I myself enjoy the build up, and it can be nice to listen to Xmas songs during that build up, but to love it so much is not for me. Maybe because he never needs to prepare a Xmas meal as he's always going somewhere for it. I think if he had to prep a Xmas meal for family or friends, he would understand the stress of the day haha.

Has he ever mentioned when his love of Xmas started? I can understand liking Xmas, but he does seem to be a bit OTT with it. I myself enjoy the build up, and it can be nice to listen to Xmas songs during that build up, but to love it so much is not for me. Maybe because he never needs to prepare a Xmas meal as he's always going somewhere for it. I think if he had to prep a Xmas meal for family or friends, he would understand the stress of the day haha.
Honestly have no idea when Steve started with the Xmas stuff.
He did say this morning that he was hoping to get 3 Xmas dinners this year though :oops:
Steve missed out last year due to lockdown as we all did.
His show may well become unbearable as he attempts to make up for missing out last year.

• Haha
Insulate Britain supporter James O'Brien must have had his head in his hands when he saw this as he was preparing for today's show.

Honestly have no idea when Steve started with the Xmas stuff.
He did say this morning that he was hoping to get 3 Xmas dinners this year though :oops:
Steve missed out last year due to lockdown as we all did.
His show may well become unbearable as he attempts to make up for missing out last year.
In the days before factory farming and mass production, Christmas dinner used to be a rare, once a year treat, but now the ingredients are available all year round. You can walk round the supermarket and fill your basket with tasteless turkey, Aunt Bessie's nasty, greasy roast potatoes and cheap chipolatas wrapped in a tiny piece of streaky bacon. I'm surprised Steve doesn't have it every day!

Reactions: 5
In the days before factory farming and mass production, Christmas dinner used to be a rare, once a year treat, but now the ingredients are available all year round. You can walk round the supermarket and fill your basket with tasteless turkey, Aunt Bessie's nasty, greasy roast potatoes and cheap chipolatas wrapped in a tiny piece of streaky bacon. I'm surprised Steve doesn't have it every day!
If Steve attempted a Sunday roast with all the trimmings he'd probably burn the whole place down as he played with his M&S shake+illuminate Gin bottle.

I lasted until 11am with Jobby, flip-flopping over his support for the M25 protesters (what'll increase my popularity on this one :unsure: thinks Jobby) he was also being his usual obnoxious self with a caller, twisting what the caller said, leading him down blind alleys & just talking over them.
He might need help squeezing his head out of the studio door later.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.