LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get that people were upset that the country voted to leave the EU. I get that they don't think it was in the best economic interests of the UK. I get it's their right in a democracy to still have a particular point of view

What I don't understand is their incessant whinging and blaming of everything on Brexit. Do they think that 7 years on they're going to suddenly change people's minds on what is the most polarised political issue in decades ? I voted to leave, I'd vote to leave again if there were another referendum tomorrow. It's reached the stage now where I actually feel sorry for people still feeling bitter. They're the kind of people who have to have someone or something to hate on. It's in their DNA.
Well said, wise owl! My view is that for it or agin it, Brexit is here and we should embrace it and stop knocking our country.

As to the weekend issues at Dover, it was a problem for a day or so and things are flowing freely again already. Passport clearance takes a little longer now, as was already the case going to non-EU countries, and it would seem the French under estimated the demand this weekend and will no doubt adapt to accommodate in future. The media likes to make it look like the sky is falling in, but it was just a small management blip exacerbated by some strikes in France itself.

Reactions: 5
One person who has clearly benefited from Brexit is O'Brien, it's provided him with a show for god knows how many years ... so it's a bit rich for him to slag the process off. Bizarre.

Reactions: 4
One person who has clearly benefited from Brexit is O'Brien, it's provided him with a show for god knows how many years ... so it's a bit rich for him to slag the process off. Bizarre.
It is ironic that it is the best thing that has happened to him professionally.

Reactions: 2
A few programme changes for the holiday weekend.

Good Friday
Andrew Castle for Nick F. Matt Frei for James. Paul Brand for Tom Swarbrick

Easter Saturday
1pm Shelagh Fogarty in for (can't remember her name!) , Paul Brand at 4pm (for someone!)

Easter Sunday
4am Marina Purkiss NEW 1pm Ali Miraj (brought out of the early hours)

Just looked up Marina and her bio on Twitter says " I’m not always having a go at this Govt…sometimes I’m sleeping ".

1680562743071.png
Marina

Last edited:

Good Friday

Easter Saturday
1pm Shelagh Fogarty in for (can't remember her name!) , Paul Brand at 4pm (for someone!)

Easter Sunday

Just looked up Marina and her bio on Twitter says " I’m not always having a go at this Govt…sometimes I’m sleeping ".

View attachment 2076774 Marina
I trust you have began painting your hard-boiled eggs at Brinsworth House, in preparation for Sunday's Great Easter Egg Roll, in the Adam Faith Memorial Garden?

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Good Friday

Easter Saturday

Easter Sunday

Marina Purkiss is another one obsessed by Brexit. God knows why they think people want a Brexit obsessive at 4 am on Easter Sunday.

Perhaps no-one else was available...
---

Yel

I tuned in for a bit of Colin's first show, the phone in was are people blaming brexit for everything 😆. Didn't have time to listen for long though.

Reactions: 1
I tuned in for a bit of Colin's first show, the phone in was are people blaming brexit for everything 😆. Didn't have time to listen for long though.
I thought he was superb, Yel. A class act.

Good Friday

Easter Saturday

Easter Sunday

She's obnoxious even on the scale of obnoxious lefties

Detests the government.
Obsessed by brexit
Fascistic tendencies in wanting any opposition silenced

She gave birth to her second child last year. Mum and baby healthy, the most beautiful and uplifting day in a women's life. 1 hour after she gave birth, she tweeted 'by the way I still hate Tories'. A strangely disturbed sociapath. Probably lined up for 10am to 1pm when the time comes.

• Haha
  • Wow

Detests the government.
Obsessed by brexit

She gave birth to her second child last year. Mum and baby healthy, the most beautiful and uplifting day in a women's life. 1 hour after she gave birth, she tweeted 'by the way I still hate Tories'. A strangely disturbed sociapath. Probably lined up for 10am to 1pm when the time comes.
She sounds like another one who 'doth protest too much' ... probably just likes being in broadcast meeja and ragging on the Tories is a good way to get there. I confess I haven't heard of her or heard her though ...

Yel

I thought he was superb, Yel. A class act.
Great to hear, he's likely to be more centrist and fact based (unlike knickers). Might be one of the better signings of lbc after quite a few duds.

Did he say how long he was doing the slot for?

Ian Colins made it pretty clear when he started that it was very much unknown how long he'd stay at overnights.

If they don't hire outspoken right-leaning presenters any more, there should be no space for new hires like Myska or Purkiss who make their views VERY clear on Twitter.

Good Friday

Easter Saturday

Easter Sunday

Marina Purkiss is an excellent addition. I've listened to some of her podcasts with Jemma Forte (The Trawl) and she's definitely not afraid to voice an opinion!

Yel

If they don't hire outspoken right-leaning presenters any more, there should be no space for new hires like Myska or Purkiss who make their views VERY clear on Twitter.
I think lbc have definitely decided to no longer balance it out and let right leaning people go to their competitors to make lbc left center rather than trying to chase everyone.

It might be the right decision commercially, no pun intended.

Detests the government.
Obsessed by brexit

She has made rather a fool of herself only this morning...

• Haha

Yel

1 hour after she gave birth, she tweeted 'by the way I still hate Tories'.
Don't ever leave us jobbie and knickers, all is forgiven 😆

What a lovely way to spend the Easter holidays 😬

• Haha
Marina Purkiss is an excellent addition. I've listened to some of her podcasts with Jemma Forte (The Trawl) and she's definitely not afraid to voice an opinion!
The same Jemma Forte who claimed to have been on 500 dates and they were all terrible? Yeah ... okay, nothing to do with you then? :rolleyes: Man-hating female presenters do my head in. Is Marina like that?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.