LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really enjoyed the hour and a half I heard of Ian Payne this morning. He was talking about horse racing/Grand National, with a bit of general sport thrown in. He seems to have been at every big sporting moment of the last 20/30 years. Entertaining and humorous. Presumably sitting in for Ali, who's on this afternoon. Ghastly Marina Purkiss tomorrow. 😩

I saw her on TV I think ... looked utterly ridiculous with all the hair and make-up, I wondered where the duck she was going after the show.
She's married to a (very minor) ex-footballer. Perhaps she has delusions of being a WAG.. 😺

Reactions: 1
What makes LBC think Marina Purkiss is suitable as a presenter on a dedicated news outlet. All she does is parrot other people's views without attempting to say anything original 'The cost of the coronation could pay for more nurses and doctors!' Wow! Why didn't that occur to anybody else? She makes no secret of her hatred of this country, government and royalty. It's like listening to Jobbie without the long, pompous diatribe.
---
What makes LBC think Marina Purkiss is suitable as a presenter on a dedicated news outlet. All she does is parrot other people's views without attempting to say anything original 'The cost of the coronation could pay for more nurses and doctors!' Wow! Why didn't that occur to anybody else? She makes no secret of her hatred of this country, government and royalty. It's like listening to Jobbie without the long, pompous diatribe.
Where did that corrinationcome from? I didn't put it there!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
What makes LBC think Marina Purkiss is suitable as a presenter on a dedicated news outlet.
Absolute powder-puff drivel. Not one original thought in her head. The fact that she married a footballer (see above post) tells me all I need to know about her.

Andrew Castle has been trending on Twitter.

Presumably it is Colin from Windsor telling everyone what a great tennis player he used to be and how much he enjoyed his forehand.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
---

Where did that corrinationcome from? I didn't put it there!
It's for the Coronation ... not sure how it ended up in your post. I thought it maybe came up automatically if you wrote Coronation but it hasn't done it to mine.

Edit: Yes it has. It comes up automatically.

• Haha
Andrew Castle has been trending on Twitter.

Presumably it is Colin from Windsor telling everyone what a great tennis player he used to be and how much he enjoyed his forehand.
Why is he trending? I'll never forget when he tried to shut a caller up by saying: "I was Britains number one tennis player you know...". My answer would be: "Yes, Eddie Edwards was Britains number one ski jumper, what's your point? ...".

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I meant to reply to this but got distracted by the crown emoji corrination

It is such a lazy, boring argument. She was probably spouting the same stuff on Jeremy Vine too.

Reactions: 1
It is such a lazy, boring argument. She was probably spouting the same stuff on Jeremy Vine too.
She definitely strikes me as someone who just needs to be in the meeja ... she has absolutely know idea why, but that's what she needs and she 'll spout any old dull shite to get there. Reminds me of an ILBW.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.