LBC Chit Chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I heard Steve say he's bought a new car? Or, I should say, changing his car. He'll need a day off to unload the boot of the current one.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't listen to nick Abbott on lbc nearly as much as I used to, but has he stopped playing the Nicki Graham clips since she died? "I feel light headed" and a couple more he used to regularly use.

I miss the French woman "I don't care" clip, I remember the report he napped it from was talking about posh spice 😆

It feels like since Brexit and trump he's stopped caring to add more soundclips and mostly uses Carole's "oh right, yeah"
He doesn't change his soundbites very often. There was a massive influx during the Trump years because he was the gift that kept on giving but generally he keeps the same ones. He must have stopped using the Nicki Graham ones as I haven't heard them for ages.

He sounded more like his old self this weekend. He was bemused that the Duchess of Cambridge was wearing a pair of mink shorts. He didn't know 'mink' is a colour and obviously had visions of her running around in a pair of furry shorts :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Yel

I tried nick Abbot last night, snoozefest of him going on about how much France are limiting bills without stating the reasons like there's an election next weekend. Lasted 10 mins

Reactions: 2
I tried nick Abbot last night, snoozefest of him going on about how much France are limiting bills without stating the reasons like there's an election next weekend. Lasted 10 mins
Him and JOB ... everywhere is better than the UK. They really hate the UK. Really winds me up.

Yel

Him and JOB ... everywhere is better than the UK. They really hate the UK. Really winds me up.
They just come across as bitter old men, every bit as one dimensional as the brexitors they deplore. 😴

Nick always says how he wouldn't watch a Ken Loach film because who wants to be entertained by that, well the same goes for his weekend shows most of the time. I'd rather listen to Christo defending all his buy to let's than that (as it's the same as lemon sellers according to him - if lemons are too expensive blame the government for not enough lemons rather than the savvy Investors that remortgage all their lemons to buy even more lemons, repeat indefinitely 🙄).

Reactions: 1
They just come across as bitter old men, every bit as one dimensional as the brexitors they deplore. 😴

Nick always says how he wouldn't watch a Ken Loach film because who wants to be entertained by that, well the same goes for his weekend shows most of the time. I'd rather listen to Christo defending all his buy to let's than that (as it's the same as lemon sellers according to him - if lemons are too expensive blame the government for not enough lemons rather than the savvy Investors that remortgage all their lemons to buy even more lemons, repeat indefinitely 🙄).
I wouldn't watch a Ken Loach film either! I agree with you about Nick and James.

Nick at one time never ventured in heavy subjects. He would actively avoid them, then LBC changed their format.

I think I heard Steve say he's bought a new car? Or, I should say, changing his car. He'll need a day off to unload the boot of the current one.
Think he's already started he mentioned he found a crate of Prosecco (shock!)

• Haha
I guess Nick Abbot avoided mentioning this then?

In his desperate rush to retweet something attacking Andrew Neil we see that James O'Brien has made an April Fool of himself.

Exact same tonight.
:(
Politics 20+ hrs per day on LBC these days, back in the day Nick would talk about music, listeners' favourite films, tv etc.
His sunday show is his worst, opens with a rambling 20 minute interview with some doom expert.

I tend to listen to LBC as I'm going to bed so always get Nick, Tom and sometimes Steve Allen. Tom is a lot better than he was, I remember he used to be quite arrogant and get caught out on a lot of stuff. Probably clicked he wouldn't last if he kept that up.

Bit of excitement over at LBC this morning.

Why would have this person on though when they have known to pull stunts like this?
I'd rather glue myself to Tom then Nick 🤣 it it a bit stupid though.

• Haha
Jesus Rees-Mogg quoting the bible to a caller
:rolleyes:
Christ, he is so out of touch, what a condescending head.

Jesus Rees-Mogg quoting the bible to a caller
:rolleyes:
Christ, he is so out of touch, what a condescending head.
J R-M could hardly have been out of earshot before Jobby launched into a tirade of spite and insults. No wonder he doesn't have a queue of politicians wanting to be interviewed by him. He makes no effort, like most of the others, to allow an alternative point of view to cloud his own agenda. No wonder he's the pin-up of the other forum to which we sometimes refer!

• Haha
I reckon O'bnoxious has just alienated airport staff.
"The screens were as blank as the staff then"
-cackle-

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.