LBC Chit Chat #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
James was having a mini meltdown at Emily Sheffield yesterday. He really needs to take a day off. I thought he was meant to be on holiday? Honestly, so much anger cannot be good for his blood pressure.

Serves him right

He always does this while he's on holiday, the deep insecurity within that drives the desperation to look relevant.

James was having a mini meltdown at Emily Sheffield yesterday.
How can James complain about someone getting a 'plum job' in the media because they are related to someone 'known'? ... the media industry is awash with people like that. Or certainly people with money/contacts, who can afford to live in the environs of London (especially during early years as a graduate).

Funny, I always thought Emily Sheffield was a Lefty. Man ... I'm getting so confused these days! Waaagh!!!

Reactions: 1
James was having a mini meltdown at Emily Sheffield yesterday. He really needs to take a day off. I thought he was meant to be on holiday? Honestly, so much anger cannot be good for his blood pressure.

James really should stop and think before he tweets.

Rachel Reeves was a graduate trainee at the Bank of England for 2/3 years so Emily Sheffield is correct.

Also if Rachel Reeves had any particular role at the Bank of England she would have said so.

So James is again both mansplaining and wrong.
---
James really should stop and think before he tweets.

Rachel Reeves was a graduate trainee at the Bank of England for 2/3 years so Emily Sheffield is correct.

Also if Rachel Reeves had any particular role at the Bank of England she would have said so.

So James is again both mansplaining and wrong.
Actually let me correct myself as it was longer than that at around 5 years. However most of it was in the international division so not as Rachel Reeves is trying to imply.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Actually let me correct myself as it was longer than that at around 5 years. However most of it was in the international division so not as Rachel Reeves is trying to imply.
Look, whatever the case, it's all really tedious. The Tweets that go back and fourth I mean ... It's like something out of Grange Hill, but instead of it going on in real life in the school yard it's done on Twitter.
:rolleyes:

He has a point though. Her research amounted to looking up Wiki?
I don't know much about Emily Sheffield (other than being Sam Cam's sister) and Rachel Reeves seems to be bigging up her experience in the same way Suella exaggerated her contribution to a law book.

I'm not sure what vexes James so much that makes him tweet so angrily about something he was not involved in. That's just not right. You're on your holiday for God's sake. Get off social media.

I've noticed, in normal circumstances, anytime Parliament is in recess the likes of Peston and other political journo's all take a social media break. I genuinely think James needs to take a leaf from their book. Iain Dale could also do taking a break every now and again too.

It's an addiction. The Great FOMO Snare...

James will definitely need to reach out to his speed dial therapist before he self implodes with frustration and jealousy.

This is all part of the gigantic chip on Jobby's shoulder. Emily Sheffield, like Rachel Johnson, who is loathed on the dark side, is a posh bird who has only got where she is because of her family's money and influence. It doesn't matter how long or successful their careers in.journalism, they're posh, so they must be stupid. And it's not fair!! Waaagh!! 😭

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
This is all part of the gigantic chip on Jobby's shoulder. Emily Sheffield, like Rachel Johnson, who is loathed on the dark side, is a posh bird who has only got where she is because of her family's money and influence. It doesn't matter how long or successful their careers in.journalism, they're posh, so they must be stupid. And it's not fair!! Waaagh!! 😭
But so is James ... went to one of the best public schools in the country, LSE and I can guarantee his dad had a word with some of his journalist chums to get him the gigs to get him started. I'm sure James will do the same if either of his daughters wish to pursue a career in journalism and they will have come from a life of privilege too.

He's very bizarre. Absolutely hates himself.

Reactions: 4
What’s he saying about the tax on private schools thing? I can’t bear to listen to it.

What’s he saying about the tax on private schools thing? I can’t bear to listen to it.
In fairness he's previously said it should be paid. However, I suspect he is in that group that can afford the hike in fees. Not every private school is an Eton, Marlborough, Ampleforth etc etc. They would be out of reach for the majority of people but there are a lot of local, smaller independent schools out there where the parents are just about paying the fees and staying afloat. It is not a forgone conclusion for a lot of these kids that they will stay in private education especially if they have siblings or a parent loses a job etc etc. Very often it's the first thing that goes if the parent's financial situation changes for whatever reason.

Ian Dale just announced this is his very last show on LBC. He is going to try and stand as an MP.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Jimbo has a lot of hatred for successful women. You are right that he dislikes posh women but remember he has served up plenty of bile for ethnic ones too.

Ian Dale just announced this is his very last show on LBC. He is going to try and stand as an MP.
Blimey! That'll be a cut in pay if he gives up all his media work. He does live there, which is an advantage, but the Libdems have got their eye on it.
I wonder who LBC will replace him with, especially on the overnight election specials. And will he return if he loses?

Blimey! That'll be a cut in pay if he gives up all his media work. He does live there, which is an advantage, but the Libdems have got their eye on it.
I wonder who LBC will replace him with, especially on the overnight election specials. And will he return if he loses?
In a way though fair play to him in the sense of putting his money where his mouth is.

Good luck to him, expect the 'be kinder' mob to be throwing all kind of dirt at him. Given the number of Tory MP's likely to be elected, he'll probably be in the Shadow Cabinet

Does leave a big hole in LBC's schedule though, wonder who'll they buddy up with Shelagh to do the overnight election coverage ?

Reactions: 3