LBC Chit Chat #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure they're all just adhering to their carefully crafted PR image and nobody's who they seem to be but sometimes it's reassuring to think that someone may be "genuinely" decent in this world of fakery and deceit.

Reactions: 1
I really like listening to Ian Payne. I first knew him as a sports journalist when LBC did football commentaries but in my opinion he strikes the right tone for the early morning slot. He's respectful and friendly and doesn't get aggressive with the nutters. He's very honest about his breakdown and just seems like a decent man.
I am not an early morning listener so cannot vouch for that but I too used to listen to "scores" on LBC back in the day and Ian Payne came across as a decent bloke back then.

Oh gawd, just turned on and it's that Geordie bloke again, must have an IQ in the teens. All he does is go on about how the Tories are all scum. He must get on at least once every couple of weeks. Honestly, what's the point. :rolleyes: Surely Iain Dale can't be making the decision to have such low quality callers on.

I suppose it's a Bank Holiday so many people are out and about getting soaked in the rain and embracing British values a la Farage?

I suppose it's a Bank Holiday so many people are out and about getting soaked in the rain and embracing British values a la Farage?
The next caller seemed to have PTSD (nothing to make fun of I know), but he was shouting at the top of his voice about how we should be bombing Russia. I give up.

Let's hope he's too old to be eligible for National Service...

Bank Holidays always bring out the eccentrics who are left to their own devices for the day.

Did he tell one caller to bugger off?
He did, just before the end of his show

Was a caller who was justifying Hamas's right to kill Israelis and quoting some UN article that gave them the right to do it

Somewhat belies the myth of Sangita's simps that any mention of the conflict is completely off limits and anyone doing it gets the dump button.

Dale windmilling wildly at rabid anti semites, they'll be up in arms on the dark side
The dark side seem to be a bit lost at the moment. They've run out of names to call Ferrari, most of them have gone off Jobby and the Sangita band-waggon has stopped rolling.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The dark side seem to be a bit lost at the moment. ... most of them have gone off Jobby
Blimey what took them so long? You don't stay at the same commercial broadcaster unless you're a top-notch 'company man' and arslikah. The notion that James is somehow a beacon for liberalism is absurd, he's a corporate bleep. I mean, good for him ... doesn't bother me.

I couldn't tune in to LBC this morning..My radio said it was "off air"...Anyone else experience gremlins? Has there been a coup?
---
Blimey what took them so long? You don't stay at the same commercial broadcaster unless you're a top-notch 'company man' and arslikah. The notion that James is somehow a beacon for liberalism is absurd, he's a corporate bleep. I mean, good for him ... doesn't bother me.
He's waiting for Ferrari to retire..or expire...and then he'll launch his bid to become Mr LBC and take over the airwaves.

I couldn't tune in to LBC this morning..My radio said it was "off air"...Anyone else experience gremlins? Has there been a coup?
---

He's waiting for Ferrari to retire..or expire...and then he'll launch his bid to become Mr LBC and take over the airwaves.
That's strange. I'm listening to Ian on Catch-up online. I can get also get LBC live on my PC but not on my radio.

I just put 'James O'Brien as Mr LBC' into an AI image generator and this is what it spat out ... make of it what you will. :ROFLMAO: :cautious::oops:

yyyy.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
The dark side seem to be a bit lost at the moment. They've run out of names to call Ferrari, most of them have gone off Jobby and the Sangita band-waggon has stopped rolling.
Perhaps they went to the Hay Festival and actually listened to Jimbo and his Financial Times mate boring on about Brexit.

• Haha
Perhaps they went to the Hay Festival and actually listened to Jimbo and his Financial Times mate boring on about Brexit.
Apparently he went along with LBC's story that Sangita was sacked because her Rajars weren't good despite the truth being that she was the most listened-to presenter in the history of radio and she was really booted out for being anti-Semitic. 🤣 Jobby knows on which side his bread is buttered! 🤑

James was having a mini meltdown at Emily Sheffield yesterday. He really needs to take a day off. I thought he was meant to be on holiday? Honestly, so much anger cannot be good for his blood pressure.

• Wow
They should have stopped him immediately he started playing it during Sunak's speech. Ridiculous that clown is allowed to drown out the Prime Minister of the country speaking to the nation.

Anyway his grift is coming to an end, as is that of Purkiss, Vorderman and all the other obsessed cranks and weirdos

I can't remember what happened in previous elections but did LBC have to be balanced throughout the campaign ? Is that balance per show or over the overall output ?
I heard every word that Sunak said so he was hardly “drowned out” by what I thought was an apt soundtrack. He was drowned out by the rain though 😂.
We have a long tradition of irreverence when it comes to people in power. Election night wouldn’t be the same without a member of the Raving Loony Party in fancy dress standing on the same platform as the next PM and cabinet members.
The Tories are getting a hammering and quite rightly. For those who support these dreadful people you will have the same opportunity to do the same to Starmer and Labour from 5th July 😉.
---
James was having a mini meltdown at Emily Sheffield yesterday. He really needs to take a day off. I thought he was meant to be on holiday? Honestly, so much anger cannot be good for his blood pressure.

He has a point though. Her research amounted to looking up Wiki?

Last edited: