LBC Chit Chat #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what Jobby will be doing on Sunday. at the Hay-on -Wye Festival. It looks like a riot of fun.

Peter Foster and James O’Brien
Brexit Britain
Sunday 26 May 2024, 5.30pm – Global Stage
Brexit: who is responsible, how did it all go wrong and what can we do? As more and more people discover that the Brexit they were sold was based on falsehoods, FT public policy editor Peter Foster’s What Went Wrong With Brexit dispels the myths. Most importantly, he shows what a better future for Britain might look like.

Bold and incisive as ever, LBC’s James O’Brien reveals the shady network of influence that has made the UK a country of strikes, shortages and scandals in How They Broke Britain. He maps the web that connects dark think tanks to Downing Street, journalists complicit in misleading the public, and media bosses pushing their own agenda. The journalists discuss what Brexit promised but failed to deliver, with journalist Emma Graham-Harrison.

Reactions: 1
This is what Jobby will be doing on Sunday. at the Hay-on -Wye Festival. It looks like a riot of fun.

Brexit Britain
Brexit: who is responsible, how did it all go wrong and what can we do? As more and more people discover that the Brexit they were sold was based on falsehoods, FT public policy editor Peter Foster’s What Went Wrong With Brexit dispels the myths. Most importantly, he shows what a better future for Britain might look like.

Bold and incisive as ever, LBC’s James O’Brien reveals the shady network of influence that has made the UK a country of strikes, shortages and scandals in How They Broke Britain. He maps the web that connects dark think tanks to Downing Street, journalists complicit in misleading the public, and media bosses pushing their own agenda. The journalists discuss what Brexit promised but failed to deliver, with journalist Emma Graham-Harrison.

bruce-forsyth-tv-times.gif

As it turns out today's news flow will help Jimbo with his constipation flow.

Remember when he was lecturing "thicko" Brexiters about Airbus leaving the UK?

Brexit Britain

Hammer, nail, appendage.

Brexit Britain

Even if I lived for 400 years, I still wouldn't have enough time 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Book Festivals attract the kind of people I despise. Not the paying punters per se ... but the people who frequent 'the VIP area'. Ugh. I've seen it first hand. Grim.

Reactions: 3
Broadcasting regulations require that political coverage be balanced in the run up to a General Election. That they've had to drop 6 hours of odious Oli for Payne tells us where the station was before. Add in the fact they're having to give Dale more shows and shoe horning in Miraj everywhere shows how biased LBC was before
Maybe Mad Nad will become Dale's sidekick to get the Right perspective for balanced opinions on LBC?
---

Brexit Britain

Wye oh wye would anyone want to listen to yet more Brexit Regret? Let alone pay for the privilege.

Is Purkiss really going to be keeping Jobby's seat warm next week? She's hardly balanced and her political views aren't either..

Last edited:
  • Haha
There's a few lefties who are boycotting the Haye festival, something something Israel something something genocide, Dawn Butler being one who was going to be there to promote her book 'A Purposeful Life' . You couldn't make this tit up

• Haha
There's a few lefties who are boycotting the Haye festival, something something Israel something something genocide, Dawn Butler being one who was going to be there to promote her book 'A Purposeful Life' . You couldn't make this tit up
This is a good news but then bad news swing for those attending the Haye festival

Good news: Nish Kumar and Grace Blakeley have also pulled out.
Bad news: Soon the only thing to do will be listen to Jimbo and his FT mate droning on about how Brexit has made their lives a misery....

This is a good news but then bad news swing for those attending the Haye festival

Bad news: Soon the only thing to do will be listen to Jimbo and his FT mate droning on about how Brexit has made their lives a misery....
Jeez. James O'Brien, Dawn Butler, Nish Kumar and Grace Blakeley ... Sounds like something to avoid at all costs. 🤪

Edit: Charlotte Church has also pulled out.

• Haha
LBC, asking callers to give their opinion regarding Israel/Gaza is clearly goading and trolling. No one knows how to sort this situation out. It's a fantastic examplar of how LBC is a bleep for ratings and some of their for-profit presenters are whores too. Sorry, should I say 'sex-workers'? Doesn't quite fit ... but I'm trying.

Face of an angel, but the soul is pure evil.

Her nose seems to be changing shape like Daniella Westbrook's did.

I'm sure Kate Garraway will turn up even though her latest effort hasn't been ghost written yet (Derek's not working overtime)

When I was catching up with Ian P yesterday, it was the morning after the election had been announced, so Ian was being quite serious. He was obviously getting lots of texts etc because he kept saying 'it's a general election and we have to do it to keep the bosses happy'. So, I assume the bosses are deciding we want to listen to GE talk 24/7 and the listeners are telling the presenters something different. At 4am, I really would prefer to be talking about my favourite biscuit.

When I was catching up with Ian P yesterday, it was the morning after the election had been announced, so Ian was being quite serious. He was obviously getting lots of texts etc because he kept saying 'it's a general election and we have to do it to keep the bosses happy'. So, I assume the bosses are deciding we want to listen to GE talk 24/7 and the listeners are telling the presenters something different. At 4am, I really would prefer to be talking about my favourite biscuit.
Good post. Not sure if you keep up with football Fenella, but it's the same there. The owners call the shots. I'm thinking about Chelsea ... Saudi backed, with some idiot American billionaire as an owner ... they blow a billion on a random selection of players who look good on paper but just don't perform. LBC might be the same ... some idiot owners, plugging-in hosts to call their shots. Shame on Iain if he is a desperate media bleep happy to parrot the views of his paymaster ... while I'm on this rant, let me get something else off my chest:

We need to talk about O'Brien. His time must surely be nearing an end now, especially as the nation is looking foward :rolleyes: to Sir Keir and his mates. I think the Sangita fiasco has really shown James up to be what he truly is: a company man. A cap-doffer to his corporate paymasters. I mean, what's the difference between doffing your cap to Jacob Rees-Mogg or the head of Global? To my mind nothing. I would have more respect for James if he just left and set up his own media channel on Youtube or Rumble ... just to see how popular he is, let's see how his schtick lands in the wild, unprotected by a national radio station. Then we can judge. If he gets millions of viewers on Youtube listening to his Brexit banter then fair-play, I'll hold my hands up. Untill then my hands will be firmly held against my earholes between 10 and 1.

Good post. Not sure if you keep up with football Fenella, but it's the same there. The owners call the shots. I'm thinking about Chelsea ... Saudi backed, with some idiot American billionaire as an owner ... they blow a billion on a random selection of players who look good on paper but just don't perform. LBC might be the same ... some idiot owners, plugging-in hosts to call their shots. Shame on Iain if he is a desperate media bleep happy to parrot the views of his paymaster ... while I'm on this rant, let me get something else off my chest:

We need to talk about O'Brien. His time must surely be nearing an end now, especially as the nation is looking foward :rolleyes: to Sir Keir and his mates. I think the Sangita fiasco has really shown James up to be what he truly is: a company man. A cap-doffer to his corporate paymasters. I mean, what's the difference between doffing your cap to Jacob Rees-Mogg or the head of Global? To my mind nothing. I would have more respect for James if he just left and set up his own media channel on Youtube or Rumble ... just to see how popular he is, let's see how his schtick lands in the wild, unprotected by a national radio station. Then we can judge. If he gets millions of viewers on Youtube listening to his Brexit banter then fair-play, I'll hold my hands up. Untill then my hands will be firmly held against my earholes between 10 and 1.
I dip in and out of football so I understand what you're saying.

I think it's a bit unfair to call Ian a media bleep. He needs to earn a living. I do get the impression from various presenters, not just Ian, that the presenters do have a strict mandate. Global want LBC to be a certain kind of station. That's more likely the reason Steve Allen was finally booted off. Ian gets to have the first hour being light hearted but then from 5am gets progressively more serious before Nick F.

I agree with you about James though. He has only ever been at LBC. It's his only ever proper job. The Sangita fiasco really exposed him to his acolytes as being a fraud. If Nick F lost his gig tomorrow he'd find another role in a heartbeat. Same with Shelagh. They are proper journalists with a variety of experience. James has tried TV several times and it's never worked. I genuinely don't know where he'd go if he lost LBC.

Ian Payne is a sports journalist. Even Nick Abbot has experience as a music DJ so could rock up back at Virgin radio for the 20th time in his career. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Fair play to Matt Frei this morning for highlighting the war in Sudan. Excellent piece. I have my issues with Matt but they are quite petty. He really is a class above most of the broadcasting tat on LBC.

I really like listening to Ian Payne. I first knew him as a sports journalist when LBC did football commentaries but in my opinion he strikes the right tone for the early morning slot. He's respectful and friendly and doesn't get aggressive with the nutters. He's very honest about his breakdown and just seems like a decent man.

I really like listening to Ian Payne. I first knew him as a sports journalist when LBC did football commentaries but in my opinion he strikes the right tone for the early morning slot. He's respectful and friendly and doesn't get aggressive with the nutters. He's very honest about his breakdown and just seems like a decent man.
Yeah he's alright. I find him a little bit fake, but hey ... it's showbiz, what ya gonna do.