Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Funny how people juggle facts to suit their narrative. I keep reading that Myska has been replaced by Felz. Here's what's actually happening.
Myska did Saturday and Sunday 1-4pm. Those afternoons are now on the schedule as:
Saturday and Sunday Ali Miraj 12-3pm Followed by Saturday 3-6pm Felz and Sunday 3-6pm Vorderman.
Do the sums!
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story .... ;)

The whole weekend schedule has been altered. Matt Frei reduced hours, Lewis Goodhall getting a show. Lammy gone. I don't think LBC have gone to all that trouble just to bin Myska.

Reactions: 5

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Because everyone on benefits must be a bone idle sponger. Do you know how much people on benefits actually get, if they manage to navigate their way through the Universal Credit process? Perhaps if the waiting lists weren’t so long and the NHS not in its knees after 14 years of underfunding, fewer people would need benefits. Let’s hope you never need a safety net but you sound very much like the very rich Tories who will never know what it is like to struggle financially.
There's half a million more people on the long term sick since before covid, with huge increases in numbers with those claiming to suffer from back and neck injuries. Two thirds of incapacity benefits are dished out to people who are unable to work because of mental health problems.

Those claiming these benefits have an average of 2.7 health conditions each, prompting experts to warn that the benefits bill could become ever more expensive as long term medical conditions become more complex.

and me rich ? I wish. I just can't stand entitled wasters claiming money.

Theodore

VIP Member
Very good that LBC are being called out with Ofcom but as much as I detest Lammy, having him break live news isn’t his fault, it’s the producers. As for Ofcom “launching an investigation“ well that should take all of three minutes then because the evidence is right there. Just listen to it.
Very happy that Rayner’s feet continue to be held to the flame. She’s a liar and she’s on the make like most of them. Trotters up at the table, snout very much in the trough.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I don’t think that they pretend to be anything other than they are. It is quite clear where individual presenters are coming from and there is a mix of views, some left of centre, some centrist and some right of centre. You will never get a perfect balance but it certainly is not a left biased channel. If you want bias you don’t have to look much further than GB News, the Daily Mail, Daily Express, Daily Telegraph, The Spectator etc. I don’t think it would take much research either to realise that the media in this country is strongly skewed towards right wing politics.

This is how I view the current bunch of presenters ...

Ferrari = right of centre
O'Brien = left of centre
Fogerty = centrist
Swarbrick = centrist
Marr = don't know
Dale = right of centre
Kentish = centrist
Spurr = right of centre
Payne = world of his own.

Abbot = left of centre
Wright = left of centre
Myska = left of centre
Devon = left of centre
Dugmoor = left of centre
Bull = centrist
Lammy = shouldn't be there
Johnson = centrist
Miraj = right of centre.
Vorderman = left of centre

In all, especially at the weeknd, the left dominate IMO.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Just the kind of Friday show to usher in the weekend. Good Lord, sounds beyond grim.
Saturday, for those tuning in, offers you Oli Dugmore, Matthew Wright, Paul Brand, Sangita Myska, Natasha Devon and Nick Abbott. 17 hours of anti Tory bile dressed up in one form or another. Swap in Lammy and Vorderman for Brand and Devon on Sunday, and you get 18 hours.

But yeah, LBC is balanced....:unsure:

• Sick

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Stand by for a Homelessness Marathon this morning..Expect plenty of smelly callers!
James sells the big issue for a few hours once a year, he's practically homeless himself you know. :rolleyes: He also has a trans-friend, a gay friend, a black friend, a Jewish friend, a Palestinian freind and a non-binary friend. He has no famale or white working-class friends though. He also once voted for Boris Johnson but now hates Boris Johnson and he also wrote for The Daily Express but now believes it to be a dog-whistling right-wing tabloid rag. I could go on, but what's the fucking point, I don't listen to him anymore.

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Carol Vorderman has crashed and burned on X
She's quite a tragic, needy, desperate old windbag. A per my previous post, no person with critical-thinking skills pays a blind bit of notice to whatever she says or sells. I wonder how many of her social media posts are created after a glass of wine or three? Her radio-voice is even worse, it's like listening to a sack of hammers scraped down a blackboard with Daniel O'Donnell played at the same time but at half-speed. :(

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Stadlen hasn't got much else to do

View attachment 2841252

Few tickets remaining? You can still buy 50 tickets :LOL:
View attachment 2841253
That would have to rate as the most boring night out ever!! Two drier personalities I can't think of.
---
Steve's gone very quiet. He hasn't posted since just before his birthday. I thought of him last night when watching Sort Your House Out. If you haven't seen it; Stacey Solomon and three others go into somebody's dreadfully cluttered home and get rid of all their superfluous stuff. I thought there's an elderly chap in Twickenham who'd benefit from that. Rubbish TV but quite entertaining.
He has been tweeting. He's been to Little Italy, loved Louis Walsh on CBB, watched Kelvin Fletcher on a wholesome TV show , wish the Princess of Wales good luck and good wishes and had a cry at a Robin Williams film. Situation normal. 😆

Theodore

VIP Member
The last time I heard a presenter pre-announce their departure was Jenny Eclair and how long ago will that be? 12-15 years? Even then she waited until the last minute of the last show and was obviously going against instructions no doubt on threat of not getting her fee. It just doesn’t happen. It’s not “on message” for the station and ultimately most people couldn’t give a shit because they’re not that invested to start with.

If someone like Steve Allen with his tenure doesn’t get to say goodbye, flybynights like Myska have no chance.

Yel

Chatty Member
Private eye, but there's no reasoning with people on twitter.

STATION OF THE CROSS

THE abrupt disappearance of weekend show radio presenter Sangita Myska from LBC led to fervid conspiracy theorising, given that her final show featured a combative interview with an Israeli government spokesman about the war in Gaza, This was in no way quelled by LBC keeping

clips of the exchange online and on its social media in contrast to the station's record of swiftly censoring things bosses do not want listeners to know about, as when all coverage of the "Swiss Leaks" international tax avoidance ews bulletins scandal was expunged from news on the orders of owner Ashley Tabor in 2015 when he realised his father Michael had been one of those involved (Eyes passim).

In fact, Myska appears to have been booted out to make way for a new weekend schedule featuring a programme for Vanessa Feltz, who has left Talk Radio after her show there was handed back to predecessor Jeremy Kyle to make up for the station abandoning his much-hyped breakfast show-and its entire TV broadcasting experiment -after a mere five months.

Shadow foreign secretary David Lammy is also departing his Sunday morning LBC show in the shake-up, which will make it much easier for Labour to take the moral high ground over the Conservative and Reform party voices who have just been given the green light by by Ofcom to continue to spout on GB News in the run-up to the general election.

Departures from LBC are generally conducted in brutal fashion. In 2023, early

breakfast show host Steve Allen was let go from the station with immediate effect after no fewer than 44 years' service, with no explanation to listeners or colleagues. A year earlier, Maajid Nawaz loudly

protested his own abrupt expulsion from his LBC show after becoming increasingly enmeshed in anti-vax conspiracies. And former presenters Nigel Farage and Katie Hopkins were both shown the door "with immediate effect" by LBC after becoming embroiled in racism scandals that risked damaging Tabor's brand- although the 25,000 people who last week signed a petition demanding Myska's return to the airwaves probably didn't object quite so much to those particular sackings

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
LBC have, at last, hired Vanessa Feltz and tucked her away on Saturday afternoons; what a waste. She's lively and funny and would inject a bit of life into the schedule. Hopefully she's free to do some holiday relief as well. She'd certainly improve the 10-am-1pm slot! The other place clique are already feeling sick. 😂

• Haha

FunkyPhil

I caught Nick bemoaning the fact Khan won't go on his show. Hasn't been on for years. Nick seemed quite irritated.
I think that is very poor of Sadiq. He seems to prefer appearing with his "client journalist" James where he is assured of a cosy chat and an easy ride. Nick Ferrari gives robust and challenging interviews but is fair and balanced on the whole. Other leaders of all political shades appear on his show, it doesn't reflect well on the Mayor of London that he is not prepared to do so.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Hus Windsor from Colin stick hIs bulbous heaX abuVd the paraPit yet reguarding the oongooing shenanigans within theSNPyet?

R.gif

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I don't think Global would take much notice of a petition which I'd guess Is now being fuelled by. politically motivated people who have probably never even heard of LBC. There's been no mention of Ofcom and I doubt if advertisers would want to take sides.
No one knows who she is. No significant number of people listen to her. In short, no one gives a fuck. Who is the next taxi off the rank? Is Dan Wootton available?

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Conspiracy obsessed, anti semitic morons, every single one of them.

It might make O'Brien finally realise what some of his fellow travellers are really like

Colin's still frantically retweeting 'LBC are tax avoiders' alongside sending 'on fire' emojis to a woman who describes herself as a 'physically and mentally strong African Queen'

Just another day....

• Heart

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
In that case why not just let her finish her stint and say goodbye to her listeners rather than just suddenly make her disappear?
Steve Allen, Andrew castle, Matt Stadlen, Darren Adam, Majid Nawaz and I'm sure there's many more. They just disappear, no announcements. It's how they roll at LBC.
Listeners know this. I highly doubt Sangita will tweet about it or ever mention it when she resurfaces, it's written into the contract.

Yel

Chatty Member
Twitter is mental at the moment.

These people boycotting LBC and James O'Brien are ridiculous. What do they think LBC is? It's a privately owned, commercial radio station. They'll do what they want when they want. When it suited they employed Katie Hopkins and Nigel Farage until it didn't.

I do think it makes James look disingenuous though. I got the 'someone needs to be here to counter his views ' stance when Farage was there but James is obviously not a man of principle. James looks after James. He's taken them all for fools with his faux Wolfie Smith schtick.
People have genuinely convinced themselves she's mounting a legal case against LBC :LOL:

Even permie people in the UK have no rights before two years. Yet people think a freelance talk show presenter employed by a private company who hasn't even been there 2 years has a case o_O .

Some people on the internet are so delusional and biased, all while thinking they're perfectly balanced and objective 🤡. Going all on about equality and fairness while demanding special treatment for someone they liked (or more likely liked one viral clip of). Madness.